Your fleet running reports

integrale_evo

Re: Your fleet running reports

Post by integrale_evo »

New wiper blade time on the compact. I've had it not far off a year and every time it rains I moan about them and then at the end of my journey completely forget to do anything about it until I drive somewhere in the rain :lol:

Much as I love my piaa super silicones, during the snowmageddon last year I had to keep stopping every five minutes as the wet sticky snow filled the wiper arms and made them completely useless.

Much as I hate retrofit 'aero' style wipers on older cars I decided it was the way to go. Then I spotted piaa do super silicone retrofit aero style wipers 8-)

On the plus side, their mounting clip is a bit less bulky and ugly than most. On the negative side, they still look horrible as the spindly wiper arm still sits too high. Thankfully they work as well, and hopefully better than their traditional style ones.

Wondering if there's an arm off something more modern with similar dimensions and the push on connector which I can adapt and use.
Cheers, Harry
IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

Marv wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:39 pm
Zonda_ wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:24 pm
Foz wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:50 pm
A friend did that cutting tiles with a 9" grinder, it kicked after hitting a metal conduit, severed an artery and nearly killed him! Were it not for an other half who was handy with first aid and a very close-by ambulance!
Yes this was a 10 inch, like your mate it snagged on a piece of metal and jammed. I didn't feel anything, the first thing that alerted me was the blood hitting my shoe and there was a lot! Fortunately the ambualne was there in 5 minutes.
Blimey. Hope the op goes well Gav.

We've got pegleg, now we need a nickname for you and your severed hand! :P
Lefty?
Cheers,

Ian
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

IanF wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:03 pm
Marv wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:39 pm
Zonda_ wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:24 pm

Yes this was a 10 inch, like your mate it snagged on a piece of metal and jammed. I didn't feel anything, the first thing that alerted me was the blood hitting my shoe and there was a lot! Fortunately the ambualne was there in 5 minutes.
Blimey. Hope the op goes well Gav.

We've got pegleg, now we need a nickname for you and your severed hand! :P
Lefty?
Lefty is the one that's fooked!
Simon

Post by Simon »

EML light is on. Plugged the reader in and it's the post cat sensor that's triggering. As the manifold/cat was new when I got the car I'll likely have to investigate other things. Will start with plugs, which are overdue for a change, then move onto the sensor itself.

Going away for a few days to Rome tomorrow though, so will have to wait till we get back.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

The Evora continued to be a PITA despite me not even seeing it yet. A new AC Pump arrived and was the wrong one, so now waiting on another one :evil:
scotta

Post by scotta »

Matty wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:52 pm The Evora continued to be a PITA despite me not even seeing it yet. A new AC Pump arrived and was the wrong one, so now waiting on another one :evil:
Where is it?
Shlergen

Post by Shlergen »

scotta wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:08 pm
Matty wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:52 pm The Evora continued to be a PITA despite me not even seeing it yet. A new AC Pump arrived and was the wrong one, so now waiting on another one :evil:
Where is it?
Being used for experience days :D
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

Where is it?
In a place only those without fear dare to tread.

Scotland.

Apparently it'll be ready to go on Wednesday, so fingers crossed. I've bought some Irn Bru to help me blend in. I assume I rub it over my skin, so I can pass through without being noticed.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Matty wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:30 pm
Where is it?

Scotland.

Apparently it'll be ready to go on Wednesday, so fingers crossed. I've bought some Irn Bru to help me blend in. I assume I rub it over my skin, so I can pass through without being noticed.
You know that scene in Jurassic World when the Indominus Rex escapes and Chris Pratt is under the crane and he cuts the fuel line and douses himself in diesel to hide his scent? It’s like that but with Irn Bru.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
mik

Post by mik »

If it is pure Irn Bru we'll spot you like a dog on a terminator. You need to mix piss in.
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

mik wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:01 pm If it is pure Irn Bru we'll spot you like a dog on a terminator. You need to mix piss in.
I always thought it came pre-mixed in from the factory
scotta

Post by scotta »

NotoriousREV wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:46 pm

Where is it?

Scotland.

You know that scene in Jurassic World when the Indominus Rex escapes and Chris Pratt is under the crane and he cuts the fuel line and douses himself in diesel to hide his scent? It’s like that but with Irn Bru.
Mik’s trackers will find him...
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Also carry a couple of deep fried Mars bars and a haggis for personal protection.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Coaster1

Post by Coaster1 »

scotta wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:08 pm Where is it?

Scotland.

Do you need a delivery driver? I’m off next week and can fly up from Southampton. Odometer may have extra 1500 miles though. :lol:
ste

Post by ste »

integrale_evo wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:47 pm I've had a few worrying moments with normal mains powered 4.5in grinders never mind the big mofos!
Same.

Scariest was my neighbour at my old house, Sean, working underneath his E30 on his drive. I was watching as he lay on his back, grinding part of the subframe, the grinder slipped out of his hand, landed on him and started to drive itself up his stomach, over his chest and to his face. Miraculously the cable ran out of slack and it pulled its own plug out, turning itself off. He ended up with a small cut up his chest and a tiny nick on his face where it came to rest just as the disc stopped spinning. :shock:
ste

Post by ste »

UPDATE

1971 Vauxhall Viva HC De-Luxe

Still sold. Still won't start.
IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

ste wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:19 pm UPDATE

1971 Vauxhall Viva HC De-Luxe

Still sold. Still won't start.
😲🤭😂
Cheers,

Ian
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Abrasive wheels safety course, stop chopping yourselves up with grinders!!!!

Dave!
_andy

Post by _andy »

28 minutes, but some useful stuff. Angle grinder discs have a use by date, who knew?

The fucking things give me teh fear, it's full PPE whenever I have to use one.
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

_andy wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:00 pm

28 minutes, but some useful stuff. Angle grinder discs have a use by date, who knew?

The fucking things give me teh fear, it's full PPE whenever I have to use one.
Even if I could, I would never use one again.