Trump
- integrale_evo
- Posts: 5882
- Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:58 pm
Re: Trump
I’m glad I’m not using the x5 every day. I stopped at £120, it wasn’t close to empty and hadn’t clicked off at full. I just decided that was enough for the moment.
When I told the lady in the kiosk the pump number she did a kind of exaggerated whisper when confirming the amount
Pretty sure fuel was at a similar level back in Autumn 2022 when I bought it.
When I told the lady in the kiosk the pump number she did a kind of exaggerated whisper when confirming the amount
Pretty sure fuel was at a similar level back in Autumn 2022 when I bought it.
Cheers, Harry
Re: Trump
It's crazy. I was reading that fuel refined in the UK is included in the national carbon limits and thus heavily taxed. But if it's imported it isn't. Hence why we're so reliant on diesel imports now. You can included pretty much everything in that.
So much of the "cost of living crisis" is manufactured by the government. The net zero stuff is mostly bureaucracy and accounting tricks to look good on paper and at this point I think it's likely to be heavily impacted by foreign actors.
Fuel, farming, energy, manufacturing - all becoming increasingly contingent on hostile countries to their benefit whilst people here get squeezed so we can pretend we're saving something. Most of the population brainwashed beyond the point of return. 650 fuckpuppets representing us. Debt to the balls.
Maybe I had one drink too many
So much of the "cost of living crisis" is manufactured by the government. The net zero stuff is mostly bureaucracy and accounting tricks to look good on paper and at this point I think it's likely to be heavily impacted by foreign actors.
Fuel, farming, energy, manufacturing - all becoming increasingly contingent on hostile countries to their benefit whilst people here get squeezed so we can pretend we're saving something. Most of the population brainwashed beyond the point of return. 650 fuckpuppets representing us. Debt to the balls.
Maybe I had one drink too many
How about not having a sig at all?
- DeskJockey
- Posts: 6525
- Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:58 am
Re: Trump
Sounds like you did.Mito Man wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2026 10:46 pm It's crazy. I was reading that fuel refined in the UK is included in the national carbon limits and thus heavily taxed. But if it's imported it isn't. Hence why we're so reliant on diesel imports now. You can included pretty much everything in that.
So much of the "cost of living crisis" is manufactured by the government. The net zero stuff is mostly bureaucracy and accounting tricks to look good on paper and at this point I think it's likely to be heavily impacted by foreign actors.
Fuel, farming, energy, manufacturing - all becoming increasingly contingent on hostile countries to their benefit whilst people here get squeezed so we can pretend we're saving something. Most of the population brainwashed beyond the point of return. 650 fuckpuppets representing us. Debt to the balls.
Maybe I had one drink too many![]()
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Re: Trump
Giving BP a license to drill in the north sea wouldn't fix our energy security and there are ways to say that without ableist slurs.V8Granite wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2026 10:05 pm Last I heard we had 20 billion barrels of oil in the North Sea, that's from known sources and more is being looked for all the time.
It's right there and we are retarded for not using it.
Dave!
An absolute unit
Re: Trump
Don't bring logic, jobs for people, industry growth and positivity to this thread, that's plain silly.Simon wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2026 9:22 pm It wouldn't fix our energy security, but if we're using the same volumes of imported oil instead then why not allow it to be drilled out the north sea so we can at least collect the tax on it?
Dave!
- Swervin_Mervin
- Posts: 5748
- Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:58 pm
Re: Trump
You can imagine that, in order to cause enough disruption, a "foreign actor" doesn't need to get anyone to do much other than look vaguely suspicious somewhere near a sensitive site.
Hence pay a few gimps enough that they'll drive a couple of transits close to a US airbase whilst wearing masks. No one's committed a crime but panic has suitably been created.
Hence pay a few gimps enough that they'll drive a couple of transits close to a US airbase whilst wearing masks. No one's committed a crime but panic has suitably been created.
-
speedingfine
- Posts: 2839
- Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:05 pm
Re: Trump
Mito Man wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2026 11:10 am I’m really hoping it was just a bunch of fuel thieves so that it makes everyone look like a fool![]()
BBC News - 'Quantity of petrol' but no explosives found in three vehicles near RAF Fairford
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cqn8m342rgk9o
Reddit said:
I'm thinking of setting up a door-to-door fuel service. Kind of like deliveroo for diesel in case you need it at 2am. Do you think trialling it for military bases might be good PR?
Me and my mates have had the good fortune of getting a van with some botched signage on the cheap. Given the signage is related to fuel we got the idea of bringing fuel to people in need rather than people needing to go the petrol station.
The guy we got the van from is ex-forces so we thought a roll out period for military bases might be a good place to start. Only problem is the air con is fucked so we'll probably have to go topless but reckon that will give everyone a laugh.
Do you think this idea is a go-er? We reached out to a US entrepreneur who seemed interested in backing us and he said he'd keep an eye out for us. Can't say more until the contracts are signed though but I'm very excited!
Could you really live with a single temp for your and your passenger in 2026?
Re: Trump
But considering the perilous state of the public finances and what the bond markets think right now, that revenue would be very welcome.ZedLeg wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2026 8:46 am That's a different conversation though. We should stop pretending that giving an energy company a license to drill would be useful to us as anything but revenue generation.
The artist formerly known as _Who_