Trump

V8Granite
Posts: 6023
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:57 am

Re: Trump

Post by V8Granite »

Last I heard we had 20 billion barrels of oil in the North Sea, that's from known sources and more is being looked for all the time.

It's right there and we are retarded for not using it.

Dave!
User avatar
integrale_evo
Posts: 5882
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:58 pm

Re: Trump

Post by integrale_evo »

I’m glad I’m not using the x5 every day. I stopped at £120, it wasn’t close to empty and hadn’t clicked off at full. I just decided that was enough for the moment.

When I told the lady in the kiosk the pump number she did a kind of exaggerated whisper when confirming the amount 🥲

Pretty sure fuel was at a similar level back in Autumn 2022 when I bought it.
Cheers, Harry
User avatar
Mito Man
Posts: 13189
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:27 pm

Re: Trump

Post by Mito Man »

It's crazy. I was reading that fuel refined in the UK is included in the national carbon limits and thus heavily taxed. But if it's imported it isn't. Hence why we're so reliant on diesel imports now. You can included pretty much everything in that.
So much of the "cost of living crisis" is manufactured by the government. The net zero stuff is mostly bureaucracy and accounting tricks to look good on paper and at this point I think it's likely to be heavily impacted by foreign actors.
Fuel, farming, energy, manufacturing - all becoming increasingly contingent on hostile countries to their benefit whilst people here get squeezed so we can pretend we're saving something. Most of the population brainwashed beyond the point of return. 650 fuckpuppets representing us. Debt to the balls.
Maybe I had one drink too many :lol:
How about not having a sig at all?
User avatar
DeskJockey
Posts: 6524
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:58 am

Re: Trump

Post by DeskJockey »

Mito Man wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2026 10:46 pm It's crazy. I was reading that fuel refined in the UK is included in the national carbon limits and thus heavily taxed. But if it's imported it isn't. Hence why we're so reliant on diesel imports now. You can included pretty much everything in that.
So much of the "cost of living crisis" is manufactured by the government. The net zero stuff is mostly bureaucracy and accounting tricks to look good on paper and at this point I think it's likely to be heavily impacted by foreign actors.
Fuel, farming, energy, manufacturing - all becoming increasingly contingent on hostile countries to their benefit whilst people here get squeezed so we can pretend we're saving something. Most of the population brainwashed beyond the point of return. 650 fuckpuppets representing us. Debt to the balls.
Maybe I had one drink too many :lol:
Sounds like you did.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
User avatar
dinny_g
Posts: 7302
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:31 pm

Re: Trump

Post by dinny_g »

Mito Man wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2026 10:46 pm Maybe I had one drink too many :lol:
But still telling the truth...
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
User avatar
ZedLeg
Posts: 8251
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:19 pm

Re: Trump

Post by ZedLeg »

V8Granite wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2026 10:05 pm Last I heard we had 20 billion barrels of oil in the North Sea, that's from known sources and more is being looked for all the time.

It's right there and we are retarded for not using it.

Dave!
Giving BP a license to drill in the north sea wouldn't fix our energy security and there are ways to say that without ableist slurs.
An absolute unit
User avatar
Simon
Posts: 5828
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:03 pm

Re: Trump

Post by Simon »

It wouldn't fix our energy security, but if we're using the same volumes of imported oil instead then why not allow it to be drilled out the north sea so we can at least collect the tax on it?
The artist formerly known as _Who_
Post Reply