The Wine Thread

Explosive Newt

Re: The Wine Thread

Post by Explosive Newt »

Sundayjumper wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 4:39 pm Back in student days, one occasion after a big night, and probably still drunk, I decided to have beer on my cornflakes. Not nice. I do not recommend it.
Oh, here's one - student Irish coffee - heat beer* and add instant coffee.

(use a pan not a kettle because you'll fuck your kettle)
Beany

Post by Beany »

I mean, I'm pretty sure you'll fuck yourself with that, too.

My wine is very, very regular.

Friday night - down to Lidl, get food and a bottle of St Emilion Grand Cru
https://www.lidl.co.uk/p/st-emilion-gra ... /p10000289

Usually have something meaty on a Friday night, and I don't just mean yer mam.

On a Saturday, I typically get a bottle of Lidls Châteauneuf-du-Pape which I'll have with anything. They don't appear to have a link for it, but it's Les Paroisses 2022 if that's of interest to anyone, means fuck all to me.

I don't drink in the week because I find that one glass of wine is enough to give me fog in the morning, and by 'glass of wine' I of course, mean a glass that's about a foot tall and topped with cork.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I don’t drink wine at all but as part of my journey into alcoholism I did the calculations and planted 3 rows of pinot noir vines 3 years ago - enough for 365 bottles of wine per year 😂
How about not having a sig at all?
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Don’t forget the Grappa … ;)
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
mik

Post by mik »

ZedLeg wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 4:46 pm I used to be fiend for buckfast tbh.

I used to neck a bottle of it before I went out.
I went to a wedding not so long back where groom #1’s family got on the bus and all started tanning Bucky - we rolled most of them off the bus for the evening service. I thought they were nuts until the mum of groom #2 whipped off her tights and got everyone to use them as a limbo bar - which proved quite the incentive to stay below the “bar” 😄
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

I mentioned it before, but seeing well dressed middle aged men chugging bucky on the train on a saturday afternoon was a bit of a culture shock to this soft east coaster when I first moved through :lol:.
An absolute unit
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

I'm sorry I derailed this thread with a joke. Anyway, time for a nice glass of Sauv Blanc with my toast.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Put some orange juice in it Jobbo, everyone knows you can drink booze at breakfast if there's fruit juice in it.
An absolute unit