Cars that don’t exist any more

Orange Cola

Re: Cars that don’t exist any more

Post by Orange Cola »

Jimmy Choo wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:44 am When was the last time you saw a Ford Orion?
Now we're getting there.

I don't stink I've seen one of the first Shoguns on the road for a good ten years now, the really boxy ones.
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

*cough* Tesla *cough*
How about not having a sig at all?
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Nathan wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:02 pm Oh and the fact that Ford have dropped the B-Max and C-Max in favour of small SUVs, the same as Citroen/Peugeout, Mercedes changed the body type of the A Class years ago etc

Also SSMT figures show small MPV sales dropped 20% in 2017, whereas small SUV's grew at the same rate :

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/indu ... car-market

i wasn’t disagreeing with the statement - just your constant quoting of “figures” without actual figures. But then you do sit by motorways counting cars, so there is that.
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

Nathan wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:08 pm
Rich B wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:59 pm
Nathan wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:29 pm

What are you on about ?

I said before that you don't see many Jag XE's about compared to the 3 Series and C Class.

Sources : common sense seeing them on the road, auction sales records, numbers advertised on AutoTrader, howmanyleft and http://carsalesbase.com/european-car-sa ... el-zafira/
i think you’ll find the exact words you used were:

“They couldn't make enough S Types, X Types and early XF's back in the day.”
I stand by that : they were more popular back then.

Look at the figures of the X Type vs the XE.

https://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/?utf8=%E2 ... mit=Search

https://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/?utf8=%E2 ... =jaguar+xe
the x type was still a bit of a flop compared to their targets. They were geared up to make twice as many.
Nathan

Post by Nathan »

Orange Cola wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:40 pm
Rich B wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:59 pm
Nathan wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:29 pm

What are you on about ?

I said before that you don't see many Jag XE's about compared to the 3 Series and C Class.

Sources : common sense seeing them on the road, auction sales records, numbers advertised on AutoTrader, howmanyleft and http://carsalesbase.com/european-car-sa ... el-zafira/
i think you’ll find the exact words you used were:

Yep and it's utter BS. Jag didn't make a profit until very recently. If you expect me to believe a company still couldn't turn a profit when demand was supposedly out stripping supply then you think we're all a bunch of mugs.
Admittedly I was wrong about the demand, although the figures clearly attest that they were more popular back then.
Nathan

Post by Nathan »

Rich B wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:57 pm
Rich B wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:59 pm i think you’ll find the exact words you used were:

the x type was still a bit of a flop compared to their targets. They were geared up to make twice as many.
The main point was that you don't see as many XE's today as X Types back then, not whether it met expectations.
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

Nathan wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:59 pm
Rich B wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:57 pm

The main point was that you don't see as many XE's today as X Types back then, not whether it met expectations.
Then don’t make up shit like “They couldn't make enough S Types, X Types and early XF's back in the day.” And then say it’s “figures”.
Nathan

Post by Nathan »

I have already admitted I was wrong about demand, now I have provided you the figures can you admit that you are wrong about how the XE didn't sell as well as the X Type ?
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

According to the figures, I'm the best in the world at making sex with ladies.
Simon

Post by Simon »

Nathan wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:02 pm Oh and the fact that Ford have dropped the B-Max and C-Max in favour of small SUVs, the same as Citroen/Peugeout, Mercedes changed the body type of the A Class years ago etc

Also SSMT figures show small MPV sales dropped 20% in 2017, whereas small SUV's grew at the same rate :

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/indu ... car-market

CMax is still available. Considering how many you see around I imagine they'll do a new one based on the new Focus. Brother's had a couple. Friends have them. They can't substitute an SUV because of the space the CMax offers
The artist formerly known as _Who_
Nathan

Post by Nathan »

C Max is gone in Q3 2018
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

JLv3.0 wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:07 pm According to the figures, I'm the best in the world at making sex with ladies.
JL’s primary mode of transport so he can carry enough shitty sticks to beat the bitches away
How about not having a sig at all?
SSO

Post by SSO »

Alfa 33
Simon

Post by Simon »

Nathan wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:14 pm C Max is gone in Q3 2018
Any source for this? Current C Max I'd agree as it's based on the now-old Focus platform. Any Google searches for the same only seem to talk about its discontinuation in the US, which we all know about.

Wouldn't be surprised to see a new one based on new Focus.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Nathan wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:14 pm C Max is gone in Q3
I'd've thought it'd be the other way round :?
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

Nathan wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:04 pm I have already admitted I was wrong about demand, now I have provided you the figures can you admit that you are wrong about how the XE didn't sell as well as the X Type ?
i don’t really care - all I want is for you to actually post the figures you refer to in seemingly every one of your posts.
Nathan

Post by Nathan »

Rich B wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:20 pm
Nathan wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:04 pm I have already admitted I was wrong about demand, now I have provided you the figures can you admit that you are wrong about how the XE didn't sell as well as the X Type ?
i don’t really care - all I want is for you to actually post the figures you refer to in seemingly every one of your posts.
Ah the standard 'I don't care' retort.

The links with the corresponding figures were already posted. Do you want me to provide highlighted screenshots ?
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

Nathan wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:56 pm
Rich B wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:20 pm
Ah the standard 'I don't care' retort.

The links with the corresponding figures were already posted. Do you want me to provide highlighted screenshots ?
What are you hoping those figures to say? “Figures” say they produced 350k x types worldwide over 8 years, and from what I can see they’re selling around 40k XEs a year, so pretty close to the Xtype - which is pretty good in this far more SUV focused market today.
Jimmy Choo

Post by Jimmy Choo »

SSO wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:21 pmAlfa 33
Rust will do that.

I've not seen a mk1 Mondeo for ages either.

On the other hand, I watched the Smith & Sniff video where they point out that as soon as you notice an almera you see another. There are thousands of the shit heaps all over the place!
Banal Vapid Platitudes
240PP
Currently Driving: A5 3.0 TDI, 987 S.

Post by 240PP »

Saw a Calibra tonight. Hard to believe I thought they were cool at one point. Being a teenager probably had much to do with it.