Caribbean
No votes
RoW (please explanify)
4%

Total votes: 23

dinny_g

Re: Where would you live?

Post by dinny_g »

ZedLeg wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 12:07 am to never be more than a few hours away from decent restaurants :lol:
But that puts you a few hours from ‘people’ so would defeat my objective … :lol:
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I wouldn’t like to live anywhere else for more than a month - I’m far too invested here to pack it all up and go. Plus being medically uninsurable would limit me to free healthcare countries 😂
London is the best city in the world for me and it’s a pretty quick train journey to Europe.

There’s also little freedoms we can still enjoy in the UK.
It’s a good country to be a petrolhead. You can drive any car you want as nothing is yet outright banned. You can wash a car at home. Modification is freely allowed. Huge motorsport industry.

Other stuff would be taxes are low compared to neighbours. I can go to B&Q now and buy a summer house and a decking kit and put it together in the garden without consequence. In a few countries that would automatically increase council tax as satellites look out for that now.

Europe - miserable in the evenings in most places as everything closes past 6pm aside from restaurants. No going to Tesco at midnight to buy cookie dough ice cream. Final nail in the coffin.
How about not having a sig at all?
Pete_

Post by Pete_ »

Right now I don't think I'd want to live anywhere permanently other than London. Don't want to live here forever, but not sure where I would want to go. I'd love to live by the sea for sure though.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

[quote=dinny_g post_id=161842 time=1662196398 user_id=64]
[quote=ZedLeg post_id=161820 time=1662160053 user_id=57]
to never be more than a few hours away from decent restaurants :lol:
[/quote]

But that puts you a few hours from ‘people’ so would defeat my objective … :lol:
[/quote]

Dinny 6 months after he moves to his dream house

[attachment=0]C92C5F12-18E0-4615-9B41-DD1CAF883965.jpeg[/attachment]
Attachments
C92C5F12-18E0-4615-9B41-DD1CAF883965.jpeg
C92C5F12-18E0-4615-9B41-DD1CAF883965.jpeg (198.88 KiB) Viewed 563 times
An absolute unit
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Ahem.. that’s me now??? :lol:
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
Wilspeed

Post by Wilspeed »

I like my little Luxembourg, it's quite civilised and multicultural, safe and really rather pretty in an olde world kinda way. It doesn't have what one would call a vibrant big city vibe, which can get boring at times. But Paris is only a two and a half hours TGV ride away, London about an hour flight, Brussels an easy two hour drive.

One of the best things for me is the vicinity to Spa Francorchamps and the Nürburgring, both an hour and a half drive (an hour if you don't catch any traffic to the 'Ring :D).

An alternative would be Bavaria I reckon.
Cunt.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

I’d quite like to live in Alsace tbh. I’d rather live by the sea though.
An absolute unit
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Mito Man wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 10:42 am I wouldn’t like to live anywhere else for more than a month - I’m far too invested here to pack it all up and go. Plus being medically uninsurable would limit me to free healthcare countries 😂
London is the best city in the world for me and it’s a pretty quick train journey to Europe.

There’s also little freedoms we can still enjoy in the UK.
It’s a good country to be a petrolhead. You can drive any car you want as nothing is yet outright banned. You can wash a car at home. Modification is freely allowed. Huge motorsport industry.

Other stuff would be taxes are low compared to neighbours. I can go to B&Q now and buy a summer house and a decking kit and put it together in the garden without consequence. In a few countries that would automatically increase council tax as satellites look out for that now.

Europe - miserable in the evenings in most places as everything closes past 6pm aside from restaurants. No going to Tesco at midnight to buy cookie dough ice cream. Final nail in the coffin.
What Mito said, there are a lot of freedoms in the U.K. and certainly more than their dare share of big issues in Europe.

Dave!
16vCento
Currently Driving: XFS Portfolio
V60 D3 SE
Xantia Activa

Post by 16vCento »

I'm very happy exactly where I am, and having the caravan exactly where its stored.

I'd live on the lake my uncle lives on in New Hampshire if I was single and had no ties over here, its very lovely.
davecG60

Post by davecG60 »

As long as I dont have to work then it'd be 6 months in a big hoose in Arnamurchan; then the balance would be travelling between the current place (High Peak) and somewhere sunny. That's all i want.
Cockwobble
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Perfectly happy here.

In an ideal world I’d buy the house joined to ours making it a nice size detached and allow some alterations to the parking / build a workshop 🤣
Cheers, Harry
Simon

Post by Simon »

I'm slowly beginning to detest what this country is becoming, and were it not for the family ties and money I think we'd be off to southern Portugal. Of all the places we've been to across Europe - France, Belgium, Holland, Spainish islands, Greece, Italy, Poland, Czech Republic and Germany, Portugal is the first place that we really didn't want to leave and come home from.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
Marv

Post by Marv »

integrale_evo wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 7:03 pm Perfectly happy here.
Yeah, I'm quite happy where I am in Suffolk too.

Wouldn't mind a holiday home somewhere warm for the winters, where I can have a car and bike tucked in a garage waiting for me...but wouldn't we all? :lol:
Oui, je suis un motard.
Jimmy Choo

Post by Jimmy Choo »

In 10 years the kids will all be grown up and setting out on their own. I'll be 57 so can move away but I'd always see myself coming back to Gloucestershire.
Banal Vapid Platitudes