More Track Action

scotta

More Track Action

Post by scotta »

More track action on Friday night. Track night organised by Tartan Tarmac with a reduced number of cars on track.

Good varied mix of cars including a pair of Noble M400's and a Ferrari F430. We were also joined on track by some of the supertourer BTCC cars who were up for the race weekend squeezing in some test time. You may also notice a certain Renaultsport R26 in the videos as well

I'd met a guy who runs a car dealer locally. They had an open day with some interesting stuff there and i got speaking to him about his mini. He has an R53 Cooper S that he's stripped and caged and done some nice mods to. Its not a cooper cup car so he's not limited to any regulations for it. Asa result he's done some pretty nice stuff to it. Penske Dampers and springs, Blueprinted engine with supercharger and internals uprated to about 260bhp he reckons. Running AD08R rubber. After hearing the spec on his mini i expected him fully to FO into the distance but we agree'd we go out together for a run. What followed was the best 15 mins ive ever had on a trackday.

Unfortunately i missed the first 5 mins on track as id forgot to start the go-pro :roll:

Couple of the big power nobles in this one. As expected FO at the straight bit....Then the tables turn at the top of duffas when big power advantages disappear.Mr noble trying a bit too hard at one point has a trip to the gravel.

Finishing off with a quick flyby of the Mazda 323 Ex- BTCC car on a flyby when i was on a cool down heading for the pits.

scotta

Re: More Track Action

Post by scotta »

Tempted to take both round the outside here but thought better of it!

Jimmy Choo

Post by Jimmy Choo »

Looks like fun. 8-)

I'd forgotten that the Nobel's existed but now want one rather a lot.
Banal Vapid Platitudes
scotta

Post by scotta »

Got speakingto one of the pitlane marshalls. Said he'd never been in a car round the track so i offered him a few laps.

Started off easy and built it up a bit. Stuck it a bit sideways at the hairpin and he started looking a bit white so we had to come in..oops :lol:

Me - Alright mate?
Him - Did you mean that??
Me- Yep
Him - OMG and started looking a bit pale.