Where are all the...

unzippy

Re: Where are all the...

Post by unzippy »

DeskJockey wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 10:49 am
Gavin wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 10:43 am It is probably a bit long winded for a Darwin award but a synopsis might get in the list?
At least one of them will fail the chief criteria though: removing themselves from the gene pool before they've procreated.
But if you brought said offspring along....?
The Evo forum really is a shadow of its former self. I remember when the internet was for the elite and now they seem to let any spastic on

IaFG Down Under Division
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

unzippy wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 12:56 am
DeskJockey wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 10:49 am
Gavin wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 10:43 am It is probably a bit long winded for a Darwin award but a synopsis might get in the list?
At least one of them will fail the chief criteria though: removing themselves from the gene pool before they've procreated.
But if you brought said offspring along....?
True.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
tim

Post by tim »

DeskJockey wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 9:43 pm
unzippy wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 9:07 pm :shock:

Pressure is dangerous!
TokTik has been full of people "demonstrating" how these poor people died, whilst simultaneously forgetting the thing was largely made of carbon fibre, which of course doesn't do this. It just shatters. Whether that was better or worse for those inside I don't know.
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

tim wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 10:14 am

Pressure is dangerous!
TokTik has been full of people "demonstrating" how these poor people died, whilst simultaneously forgetting the thing was largely made of carbon fibre, which of course doesn't do this. It just shatters. Whether that was better or worse for those inside I don't know.
My comment wasn't about the how specifically, but that pressure isn't too be messed about with. All that can be hoped for is that however it happened it was so quick that they didn't have a chance to realise it.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Peterlplp

Post by Peterlplp »

tim wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 10:14 am

Pressure is dangerous!
CF tanks exploding turn into porcupines:

The tank construction wouldn't make any difference after it had failed because the pressure change would pulp you long before the tank material. This talks about a 9 atmosphere change (second paragraph is not for the squeamish), the Titan was around 400.
mik

Post by mik »

Some interesting analysis vids out now in relation to this incident. (I also saw a clip recently from Mrs Dawood stating that she was originally planned to be on the sub, but her son ultimately took her place… that’s going to be a difficult one to reconcile. :? )

Some observations in relation to the bonding of the differing materials - the process was filmed.

And a rather more “dry” structural model analysis.