Your fleet running reports

JLv3.0

Re: Your fleet running reports

Post by JLv3.0 »

Simon wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:43 pm I think the confusion is the fact that I've never heard of someone having to order their own bits when it's being sorted by a repair shop on someone else's dollar (or whatever mickey mouse currency you sand dwellers use).
It's just a couple of tail lights mate. Easier to get them from the US than try and find them here and pay local parts prices. Yes it's on someone else's dollar but it was an honest mistake and I'm happy to keep the repair costs down rather than running up unnecessary expense. Karma, innit.

The body shop really does think those are the only parts required - the slam panel finishing piece is in the back of the car, by the way. Picked it up off the road in the way there 😂
Last edited by JLv3.0 on Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Rich B wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:40 pm I reckon they could have easily slipped a $120 wheel emblem into their bill!
Others have made that very same observation in the reals :lol:
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Land Rover, Peugeot 406 replica

Post by Sundayjumper »

ste wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:12 pm On the plus side, nobody could actually see my face and identify me.
Yes, because there's literally thousands of fluorescent Caterhams running around, they won't know which one is you :lol:

Along those lines...

ste

Post by ste »

Ha. Interestingly, someone sent me pics of another* fluoro yellow one that was spotted lapping the mountain course at this year's IOM TT. It looked very similar indded but seemed to be an even more focused, crazy spec. 8-)

* There are a few imposters, but only one real one.
Jimmy Choo

Post by Jimmy Choo »

After 20 minutes, I gave up trying to change the nearside headlight bulb on Kathryn's Mk3 Clio. I thought it was difficult on the 166 but this is in a whole different league of stupidity.

There's no space if you have an adult sized hand and don't have 3 wrist joints. The headlight assembly wouldn't come out either. I've wasted too much time on it and I'm just going to throw it at Halfords and tell them to sort it.
Banal Vapid Platitudes
mik

Post by mik »

Probably in through the wheel arch liner?

(I have not googled - just based on recent experience)
Marv

Post by Marv »

JLv3.0 wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:13 am
Simon wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:43 pm I think the confusion is the fact that I've never heard of someone having to order their own bits when it's being sorted by a repair shop on someone else's dollar (or whatever mickey mouse currency you sand dwellers use).
It's just a couple of tail lights mate. Easier to get them from the US than try and find them here and pay local parts prices. Yes it's on someone else's dollar but it was an honest mistake and I'm happy to keep the repair costs down rather than running up unnecessary expense. Karma, innit.

Careful JL, you might start getting a reputation on this forum as a tolerating human being!
Oui, je suis un motard.
GG.

Post by GG. »

Marv wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:06 am
JLv3.0 wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:13 am

Careful JL, you might start getting a reputation on this forum as a tolerating human being!
I thought that's what we do think? He tolerates other human beings because he has to.

A tolerant human being, that's a different question! ;)
Beany

Post by Beany »

Jimmy Choo wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:21 am After 20 minutes, I gave up trying to change the nearside headlight bulb on Kathryn's Mk3 Clio. I thought it was difficult on the 166 but this is in a whole different league of stupidity.

There's no space if you have an adult sized hand and don't have 3 wrist joints. The headlight assembly wouldn't come out either. I've wasted too much time on it and I'm just going to throw it at Halfords and tell them to sort it.
Apparently getting shot of the screen wash filler neck is the key. Given that every time I've let Halfords do my headlights (typically shortly after I've got it and a bulb has gone on the road) they've made a right meal of it, I'd be tempted to google the shit out of it and attack it again.

Or, you know, stop buying stupid fucking french cars. ;)
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Marv wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:06 amCareful JL, you might start getting a reputation on this forum as a tolerating human being!
Erm - you mean "tolerant", I think. :lol: edit - GG beat me to it :(

My attitude is she didn't leave the house that day looking to have a crash. All I want is my car repaired and back to how it was, and I know how to get it done without much fuss, for not too much.

And yeah, I admit it - I like the idea of not taking advantage of someone's misfortune. I'm passively cunty rather than actively cunty :lol:
scotta

Post by scotta »

Beany wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:11 am
Jimmy Choo wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:21 am After 20 minutes, I gave up trying to change the nearside headlight bulb on Kathryn's Mk3 Clio. I thought it was difficult on the 166 but this is in a whole different league of stupidity.

Apparently getting shot of the screen wash filler neck is the key. Given that every time I've let Halfords do my headlights (typically shortly after I've got it and a bulb has gone on the road) they've made a right meal of it, I'd be tempted to google the shit out of it and attack it again.

I found it easier to remove the front bumper on the Megane when i was changing the bulbs. :roll:
Marv

Post by Marv »

JLv3.0 wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:12 am
Marv wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:06 amCareful JL, you might start getting a reputation on this forum as a tolerating human being!
Erm - you mean "tolerant", I think. :lol: edit - GG beat me to it :(

The one thing which JL does not tolerate....bad grammar :lol:
Oui, je suis un motard.
Beany

Post by Beany »

scotta wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:15 am
I found it easier to remove the front bumper on the Megane when i was changing the bulbs. :roll:
Genuinely not a shock.

Bulbs on the C4 are fairly straightforward, with the exception that there's not quite enough access to get teh clips over the bulb, and see them at the same time. Entirely done by feel, with stupidly strong clips to hold the bulbs in place.

Looks like it wouldn't skin your knuckles, but I bled all over my shirt after doing that outside the office last year.

It beggars belief that manufacturers failed to get this right without being fucking legislated against throught the noughties (I don't recall anyone having this problem with 80s/90s cars) and are only now, apparently, going back to sensible clearances and access for bulbs.
Jimmy Choo

Post by Jimmy Choo »

I could try removing the screenwash filler neck but as it's 4 feet from the blown bulb and on the other side of the car, I decided not to bother.
Banal Vapid Platitudes
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Can you just do what he says, please.
Beany

Post by Beany »

Jimmy Choo wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:42 pm

I could try removing the screenwash filler neck but as it's 4 feet from the blown bulb and on the other side of the car, I decided not to bother.
In that case, I'm afraid the only option left is to burn the car down.

Off you pop.
Jimmy Choo

Post by Jimmy Choo »

JLv3.0 wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:51 pm Can you just do what he says, please.
No.
Banal Vapid Platitudes
scotta

Post by scotta »

Jimmy Choo wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:05 pm
JLv3.0 wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:51 pm Can you just do what he says, please.
No.
Fuck Sake :roll:
Beany

Post by Beany »

Had a closer look at the zorst, and was surprised to find a metal tie holding it to the hanger (which had rusted free and broken from the backbox).

Can't work out if this is the seller being lazy and not replacing it having seen it was rusty, or if it is something that just 'is a thing' on some cars. Although the latter would surprise me.

Anyway, I might borrow be bros TIG and see if I can stick it back on, or I might use it as an excuse to get a (stainless) replacement. Will have a think about it, it's going nowhere for now, it's just annoying and noisy.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Or just buy another exhaust tie and get on with life?
How about not having a sig at all?