Your fleet running reports

Foz

Re: Your fleet running reports

Post by Foz »

Good up to 7/10th's

Great Drive train but its far from an M car and doesn't have the depth of development clearly.
mikeyb
Currently Driving: R56 Mini GP2
R53 Mini Cooper S
L322 Range Rover Westminster
BMW F30 330d

Post by mikeyb »

That pretty much sums up what I've read. It's a real shame as it ticks a lot of required boxes (hatchback for the dog, 5 door/seats for work, reasonable economy and nice drivetrain)
Foz

Post by Foz »

Good but not great!

:)
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Sundayjumper wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:33 am Had a mini ebay spending spree on bits for the Compact.

Cheapie coilovers (I've got a broken rear spring that needs replacing and I'm curious to see if £250 coilovers will put up with some autosolo / autotest abuse)
I have some of the £200ish ones with the separate height and preload setup and adjustable solid mounts.

Ride and handling wise I can't fault them, they're stiffer and roll less but also ride better than the 4x more expensive HSDs on the m3

However, I had to leave the rear adjustable collars out as with them in even on the lowest setting it was far too high ( I know I like low cars but the compact is a reasonably sensible daily driver so is far from slammed ) and the rear damper shafts have started pitting already which doesn't bode well for a long life.

The bush at the bottom of the damper doesn't look very sturdy either ( the hsds had a similar failings ) so I would reccomend a large washer behind the bolt so if the bush does fail the damper can't just slide off.
Cheers, Harry
Foz

Post by Foz »

K&N fitted, instant PSM/ABS fault...

Diagnostic reader: MAF fault.

I was wondering how the feck they were connected but they are.

Sounds great anyway but I need a fix as that will piss me right off... MAF itself looks brand new and I was very careful swapping it over..

Clearly I need to move the MAF 2” to left and clean it!
John

Post by John »

New EGR fitted to the Berlingo to try to cure the troublesome EML. A bit fiddly to fit as it's on the rear of the engine so access isn't great. After fitting it I connected my code reader to clear the codes related to the EGR but they've disappeared, weird. I thought they'd still be there even with a new part fitted and would need clearing to turn off the EML.
scotta

Post by scotta »

mikeyb wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:03 pm That pretty much sums up what I've read. It's a real shame as it ticks a lot of required boxes (hatchback for the dog, 5 door/seats for work, reasonable economy and nice drivetrain)
Golf R....
unzippy

Post by unzippy »

JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:04 pm
Jimmy Choo wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:59 pm Crap luck. Glad you're ok, though.

Is this an opportunity for upgrades?
Nah - just want it repaired mate. I'm unemployed now - can't be spunking the cash 😂
This is the universe telling you it's time for upgrades. If you had a faster car you wouldn't have been waiting at those lights for her to run into you..
Inshallah, innit.
The Evo forum really is a shadow of its former self. I remember when the internet was for the elite and now they seem to let any spastic on

IaFG Down Under Division
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Damn - you make a very valid point!! OK let me give it some thought :D
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:09 pm Driving home from the last day at my favourite ever job, feeling fairly sorry for myself then this happened :

Fuck today.
OK so this is getting sorted.

Got the police report confirming it wasn't my fault (pre-requsite to a paint shop repairing it here), got a quote from the same body shop that I was so happy with on the Toyota and the Hummer chick has agreed to just transfer the cash without dicking about with insurance.

Ordered the new boot tail lights from the US (also on her tab obviously) and will get it to the shop tomorrow for them to get going on the repairs and paintwork.

Life ain't that hard sometimes 👍🏼
mikeyb
R53 Mini Cooper S
BMW F30 330d

Post by mikeyb »

scotta wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:54 pm
mikeyb wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:03 pm That pretty much sums up what I've read. It's a real shame as it ticks a lot of required boxes (hatchback for the dog, 5 door/seats for work, reasonable economy and nice drivetrain)
Golf R....
I know.... I do keep coming back to them. I'd even be tempted by the estate!

I like the idea of a straight six though. Apparently they are doing an M340i version of the next 3 series - an estate version of that would work quite nicely :)

ETA - although that presumes the new M340i will handle better than a current 1er, which is doubtful :?
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

mikeyb wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:21 am
Golf R....

I like the idea of a straight six though. Apparently they are doing an M340i version of the next 3 series - an estate version of that would work quite nicely :)

ETA - although that presumes the new M340i will handle better than a current 1er, which is doubtful :?
No doubt that straight 6 sounds better, but I've had a few skirmishes with a local M135i and there's no difference in acceleration but the Golf can carry more speed through the corners where the BMW is squirming about at the rear. The Golf doesn't sound too bad for a 4 pot (I've left the Soundaktor thing connected and it sounds a bit like an Impreza).
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Land Rover, Peugeot 406 replica

Post by Sundayjumper »

integrale_evo wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:16 pmI have some of the £200ish ones with the separate height and preload setup and adjustable solid mounts.
I think I have ordered exactly the same thing :D

Interesting about the pitting, from the pics on the advert I did think the boots looked a bit rubbish. Mine won't be a daily, and I'm definitely not slamming it, so hopefully it'll be OK. Good to know the ride / handling is acceptable too.
scotta

Post by scotta »

NotoriousREV wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:26 am

Golf R....

No doubt that straight 6 sounds better, but I've had a few skirmishes with a local M135i and there's no difference in acceleration but the Golf can carry more speed through the corners where the BMW is squirming about at the rear. The Golf doesn't sound too bad for a 4 pot (I've left the Soundaktor thing connected and it sounds a bit like an Impreza).
All of that!

You've followed me round the highlands in mine so seen how well damped they are and how quick it is!
scotta

Post by scotta »

JLv3.0 wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:44 am
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:09 pm Driving home from the last day at my favourite ever job, feeling fairly sorry for myself then this happened :

Fuck today.
OK so this is getting sorted.

Got the police report confirming it wasn't my fault (pre-requsite to a paint shop repairing it here), got a quote from the same body shop that I was so happy with on the Toyota and the Hummer chick has agreed to just transfer the cash without dicking about with insurance.

Ordered the new boot tail lights from the US (also on her tab obviously) and will get it to the shop tomorrow for them to get going on the repairs and paintwork.

Life ain't that hard sometimes 👍🏼
Sorted then 👍🏼 Hopefully they will turn it around quickly. However i dont think ive ever had anything back from a bodyshop that didnt need something fixing..
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Might need to polish the outermost lights to get them to match the new ones as they look adequately sand blasted!
How about not having a sig at all?
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

I've been here so long that it's engrained in me to keep a constant eye on the work being done so when I do take it back, it's all pre-snagged and desnagged. The mate who put me in touch with this bodyshop summed up work here - "they're capable of great work - but not unsupervised".
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Mito Man wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:03 pm Might need to polish the outermost lights to get them to match the new ones as they look adequately sand blasted!
Good point - the instruction will be passed on!
mikeyb
R53 Mini Cooper S
BMW F30 330d

Post by mikeyb »

scotta wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:57 am
NotoriousREV wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:26 am

All of that!

You've followed me round the highlands in mine so seen how well damped they are and how quick it is!
Cheers both. Rev - I too quite like the offbeat warble they appear to make.

Scott - yeah, yours was quick and didn't lok out of it's depth. I need to getback up there with the Mini for a comparison with your Golf....
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

JLv3.0 wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:06 pm
Mito Man wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:03 pm Might need to polish the outermost lights to get them to match the new ones as they look adequately sand blasted!
Good point - the instruction will be passed on!
And have just agreed that the price actually does include painting the rims and sorting out a scratch from an utterly unrelated incident 8-)