Fancy a cheap V8?

Orange Cola

Fancy a cheap V8?

Post by Orange Cola »

Specifically a Ford Mustang. When the change over to the facelift was happening back in September last year Ford built a couple of hundred pre-facelift cars to bridge the gap in production and those cars have been slow moving out of the dealers because people have been holding off for decent deals. Most Mustangs are customer factory orders so the facelift cars have been arriving for a few months now and the next model year of Mustang is coming on line so Ford are really keen to shift the last of the pre-facelift cars.

Ford website has an example offer under the Mustang tab for a V8 manual however there are good deals to be had out of individual dealers if you wanted to shop around a bit (not many dealers can sell the Mustang anyway)

In summary 0%, £6,684 deposit and £399/month starting but there's now starting to be better out there.

clicky
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
NotoriousREV

Re: Fancy a cheap V8?

Post by NotoriousREV »

Damn, that’s a deal I’d be interested in if I was at the end of the Golf lease.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

NotoriousREV wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:46 pm Damn, that’s a deal I’d be interested in if I was at the end of the Golf lease.
The end of the lease is quite a way off isn't it? They'll probably have stock until the end of the summer at this rate. I'm just hoping they keep it on for the facelift cars.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Orange Cola wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:19 pm
NotoriousREV wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:46 pm Damn, that’s a deal I’d be interested in if I was at the end of the Golf lease.
The end of the lease is quite a way off isn't it? They'll probably have stock until the end of the summer at this rate. I'm just hoping they keep it on for the facelift cars.
Well over a year away 😂
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

basically c.£580 a month to borrow a mustang for 3 years. Ford must love these deals, they make paying full list price for a car look so appealing!
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

I thought this post was going to be about an old Lexus v8 for £300 or something :roll:
Cheers, Harry
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

Rich B wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:50 pm basically c.£580 a month to borrow a mustang for 3 years. Ford must love these deals, they make paying full list price for a car look so appealing!
There's better available if you go into a dealer, depending on the spec and whether it's in stock ready to go or sat in a port somewhere some folk have been getting between £3k and £6k off list. The V8 convertible with auto box and custom pack is £45.5k list, target price in a dealer is circa £39.5k. I'd expect to get £3k off a bottom spec Ecoboost and bottom spec V8, more off list as the options go up.

Tie that in with the 0% and it's quite a difference to the figures on the Ford link I posted.

And sorry it's not sub £5k V8 motoring (although I can't wait until the Mustangs drop to sub £15k for a reasonable one as that's my ticket to a track car :twisted: )
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

NotoriousREV wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:42 pm
Orange Cola wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:19 pm
Well over a year away 😂
That's rubbish. There's half a chance the facelift ones will have some half decent offers on by then but it has taken nearly three years to offer any kind of discount on the Mustang.
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

Rich B wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:50 pm basically c.£580 a month to borrow a mustang for 3 years. Ford must love these deals, they make paying full list price for a car look so appealing!
It's a 0% PCP not a lease so your effectively financing the depreciation interest free, I can see the appeal particularly coupled with a discount which you haven't previously had .
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

Carlos wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:52 pm
It's a 0% PCP not a lease so your effectively financing the depreciation interest free, I can see the appeal particularly coupled with a discount which you haven't previously had .
yes, i understand the difference.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

If you pay the deposit, all the monthly payments and the final payment, you’re paying less than list because a) they’re selling at a discount and b) it’s interest free. Even if I had the cash, I’d buy it using this option because I’d be earning interest on my savings. I know you’re pathologically wired to sneer at new cars and finance, but sometimes you’re wrong.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

NotoriousREV wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:59 am
If you pay the deposit, all the monthly payments and the final payment, you’re paying less than list because a) they’re selling at a discount and b) it’s interest free. Even if I had the cash, I’d buy it using this option because I’d be earning interest on my savings. I know you’re pathologically wired to sneer at new cars and finance, but sometimes you’re wrong.
i had a PCP on my CTR, I’m well aware how it works.
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

Also, if you like your savings in your savings account to use, a £6600 deposit is pretty silly.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Rich B wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:38 am
You say that, and yet you still came out with what you said 😂
Middle-aged Dirtbag
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Rich B wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:41 am Also, if you like your savings in your savings account to use, a £6600 deposit is pretty silly.
But not as silly as taking £40k out. It’s be better to get an interest free loan over 5 years or something, but they don’t exist.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

NotoriousREV wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:54 am
Rich B wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:38 am

the only thing of note about that deal is that it’s 0%.
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

NotoriousREV wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:56 am
Rich B wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:41 am Also, if you like your savings in your savings account to use, a £6600 deposit is pretty silly.
But not as silly as taking £40k out. It’s be better to get an interest free loan over 5 years or something, but they don’t exist.
its not really a particularly cheap V8 any way you look at it is it...
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Rich B wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:25 pm
Rich B wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:38 am i had a PCP on my CTR, I’m well aware how it works.
0% and less than list price. But if that means you still feel paying list price is more attractive, you crack on mate.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Rich B wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:26 pm
NotoriousREV wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:56 am
its not really a particularly cheap V8 any way you look at it is it...
Is there a cheaper one you can buy new in the UK?
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

NotoriousREV wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:46 pm
Rich B wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:25 pm

0% and less than list price. But if that means you still feel paying list price is more attractive, you crack on mate.
only less than list because it’s old stock.