What is wrong with me?

scotta

Re: What is wrong with me?

Post by scotta »

Buying my Golf R was probably the easiest I’ve ever done. FB messaged them saying much for my Leon FR against that Golf R. Figure given was decent. Dealer then asked if I’d driven one. I said no. He said wel you better come drive one then. Oh but you can’t drive this one as the bonnet catch is broken. Ive got the same car on red you can drive. Drove it - bought mine. Collected 2 days later after they fixed the bonnet catch.

BMW when I looked at an M135i were dicks though. Lowball offer on the FR £3k less than vw offered. Test drive was in the old model. Salesman said he couldn’t get me the spec I wanted (Mineral Grey 5 door with red leather). Then said he miraculously could after a chat with his manager. But they wouldn’t budge on the trade price. Told them no deal unless the bettered their offer. No follow up call. Bought the golf a couple of weeks later.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

So I decided that I wasn't going to buy a new bike, but then I found another dealer who was doing an offer on the bike I wanted, so I gave them a call. Exactly the same thing has happened: tell them I want to buy it, talk about p/ex, wait for the quote and...nothing after 2 days.

FFS.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

Are you trading in a bike they don't want or something that's vastly apart I.e. The equivalent of a BMW 7 series owner asking about a Corsa VXR?
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Possibly. Second dealer has now got back to me after chasing them. Not a great deal, tbh. Mulling.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

You need to be able to play one dealer off against the other. Does sound like they don't want your PX though. What are the options for selling your current bike privately and being a cash buyer?
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

NotoriousREV wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:41 pm Possibly. Second dealer has now got back to me after chasing them. Not a great deal, tbh. Mulling.
Again, very adult - when I decide I want something new I have to get it done immediately.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

WBAB have offered £2250, dealer has offered £2500, I paid £3200 (IIRC) so it's not too bad. I think I might be able to get £3k private sale? Maybe? It's probably not as bad a deal as I'm thinking. The other sticking point is insurance. Renewal for the current bike is <£200. Quotes for new bike are £750+.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:51 pm
NotoriousREV wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:41 pm Possibly. Second dealer has now got back to me after chasing them. Not a great deal, tbh. Mulling.
Again, very adult - when I decide I want something new I have to get it done immediately.
What's stopping me is that it would mean 3 x finance deals on vehicles totalling nearly a grand a month. I can afford it but it seems a bit silly.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

That is quite a lot. Down to affordability and toylust I guess.

To quote Mr Oasis - 'you can have it all but how much do you want it' 😂
Last edited by JLv3.0 on Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Actually, it's £850, but my point stands.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

It does - but if you weally weally want it, have it for the summer. You can afford it.
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

It's very different when it's £850 a month to sit at least a third of it in garage for 30% of the year.
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Well that's the case whenever he buys it. May as well get some use out of it over the summer months.

Anyway.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

We're moving offices into central Manchester later this year. I'll be using the bike most days (hence speccing heated seats :lol: )
Middle-aged Dirtbag
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

I've used heated grips riding here FFS! :D