Kraków

jamcg

Kraków

Post by jamcg »

Anyone been? Booked up for wedding aniversary in September, what’s a must to see/do
duncs500

Re: Kraków

Post by duncs500 »

Great city to spend time in generally strolling around, but Wawel castle and Kazimierz spring to mind in town. I've been a few times but never went to the out of town tourist spots which are mainly the salt mines and Auschwitz.

Salt mines are supposed to be pretty awesome and I would've liked to have gone but never had time, heard it gets busy though, so getting an organised tour will potentially prevent a few hours of queuing.
Simon

Post by Simon »

Yup, went with work 3 years ago. Very nice city, a lot like Prague, but cheaper still. Didn't spend to long outside the hotel but saw enough to want to go back for a holiday at some point. We have an office out there too so the opportunity to visit again may raise it's head.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
Nathan

Post by Nathan »

I was in the Salt Mines when Miss Poland was having its regional finals hosted there.

True story.
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Nathan wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:35 pm I was in the Salt Mines when Miss Poland was having its regional finals hosted there.

True story.
But is it worth a visit without miss Poland?
Nathan

Post by Nathan »

Yes, it was a good tour
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

I went in February a couple of years ago and got flu cos it was bloody cold :D Auschwitz was an essential IMO and the guided tour was excellent.

We hired a car and had a look around as I don't think there's that much to do actually in Krakow. Beautiful city though and cheap too.