New Top Gear

NotoriousREV

Re: New Top Gear

Post by NotoriousREV »

Meh, you can figure out between you, I’m sure.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Watched this episode last night - another Meh one for me.

I'm beginning to think the format (3 blokes, blokeing about) only works now on the specials. Over an hour long show, whether it's the Nepal Top Gear or the recent Seamen Grand Tour, you have time to draw out the jokes - set it up and later, punchline.
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Anyone else unable to take Paddy reviewing a car seriously? Then he proves his review shouldn’t be listened to much by showing his car control :lol:

McRae piece was excellent. Racking my brains here but didn’t someone else do an in-depth video where they spoke to Jimmy McRae about the car and then drove it? May have been on YouTube or maybe I was so high on drugs that I’m making it all up 🤔
How about not having a sig at all?
Maurice

Post by Maurice »

Mito Man wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:46 pm Anyone else unable to take Paddy reviewing a car seriously? Then he proves his review shouldn’t be listened to much by showing his car control :lol:
McGuiness’ constant gurning at the camera and shouting is beginning to grate more and more as the series progresses.

Agreed with the McRae piece, it was excellent.
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Absolutely loved the McRae piece. Excellent TV. Could do a whole hour on it
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

Yep class act by TG and Chris Harris to get the family on board to do something like that. Hats off, imagine he's pretty proud of that.

I thought M8 review was decent given he's a NCG...

Ffwded the comedian, but of the blue light piece enjoyed the Liana Vs GT86, it was clear the Stig would romp off, I wouldn't catch him in McRae's Impreza on full wets, really quick drivers are a breed apart.

Good series IMO, just wish the Baja had gone better as it could've been a great piece.
mik

Post by mik »

M8 piece was crap.

McRae piece was what I tuned in for - and it did not disappoint. Great they gave it so much time, superb footage, great narration by Harris and inputs from Grist, Richards, Jimmy - proper choked up.

Other than the Fire Enjim doing a lap, the remainder of the show did absolutely nothing for me.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Yep, M8 “review” was a waste of time.
McRae bit great (I was reminded of the Toyota cheat bit too which was cool.)
I ffwded the star bit then couldn’t be bothered to watch the services bit so stopped it early.
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

speedingfine wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:29 pm just wish the Baja had gone better as it could've been a great piece.
This...
Last edited by dinny_g on Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

It’s like there’s a quota on top gear regarding how decent it can be. “Right we’ve given them 15 mins of great TV, let’s just fill the rest in with shit” - seriously every episode!
Simon

Post by Simon »

M8 piece was so disappointing.
McRae piece was rather splendid. What an amazing piece of TV that really got my heart racing. Amazing that Harris got to give it some in the BAT'mobile as well.
FF'd SIARFC as life's too short.
Chuckled a few times at the emergency services piece. It wasn't the worst feature they've ever done and I did laugh at 'you're the best Chris Evans we've had on this show'.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
Nathan

Post by Nathan »

Did anyone else see how Mauro Calo not take kindly to TG criticism on Twitter last night?
Last edited by Nathan on Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

Nathan wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:13 am Did anyone else see how Mauro Calo did not take kindly to TG criticism on Twitter last night?
Spill it bab
Nathan

Post by Nathan »

speedingfine wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:37 am
Nathan wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:13 am Did anyone else see how Mauro Calo did not take kindly to TG criticism on Twitter last night?
Spill it bab
Since deleted

Some one dared to say the show isn't all that, and Mauro fought back about about how many (young) people work on the show blah blah. Then had the last word by posting a certain photo.

Nathan

Post by Nathan »

Now if only someone would start the same with Rowan Horncastle
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

Same as everybody else, we thought the M8 review was rubbish, loved the McRae bit and the Star bit really should be canned unless they just do the lap and/or its someone properly famous and incredibly entertaining.
Cheers,

Mike.
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

The McRae piece was pure Harris, and it makes me wonder if he's managing to wrestle a little editorial control off them. That can only be a good thing. I'm optimistic about the future of TG personally. It's been a good series on the whole.
Beany

Post by Beany »

Nathan wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:55 am
speedingfine wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:37 am
Spill it bab
Since deleted

Some one dared to say the show isn't all that, and Mauro fought back about about how many (young) people work on the show blah blah. Then had the last word by posting a certain photo.

Did the prissy little tart actually post a picture of a penis in response to something he's professionally attached to?

Seems like fuck all has changed at TG HQ then :lol:
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

A better explanation of Toyotas cheat https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/jalopni ... 828060/amp
Think Harris’ explanation was cut short by all the other shit segments they had to shoehorn in.
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

I thought it was a decent description whilst keeping it simple to understand and brief given that the piece was about McRae and Subaru anyway.
Cheers, Harry