Your fleet running reports

mik

Re: Your fleet running reports

Post by mik »

Shirley the receipt also says how many litres you put in? :?
GG.

Post by GG. »

I only have the card print out. Doh.
mik

Post by mik »

I can help - post an image of your receipt with a note of your bank account details. And PIN of course. :)
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

GG. wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:20 pm Receipt says £85.15 less the price of packet of Wrigley's airwaves gum (45p).

I now just need to price per litre of superunleaded from that filling station. I googled to find those price comparison websites for fuel but couldn't find Shell Crystal Palace. Foiled! :(
it usually says how many litres on the receipt.
GG.

Post by GG. »

What - no story of a Nigerian prince with an inheritance you’d like to transfer or even a fishing hyperlink from HSBC customer services? I feel cheated.

Anyway, I’ve spent all my money on petrol. Haven’t you been following? ;)
GG.

Post by GG. »

Success! Realised I had the shell app which tells me my previous fill up at that station was 44 litres and my credit card statement notes £62.89, ergo 142.9p per litre.

(8515 - 45) /142.9 = 59.27 litres. 59.3l = almost exactly 13 UK gallons. 225/13 = 17.3mpg.

Really glad I expended all that extra effort when my (suprisingly accurate) rough calculation was 17.1 :lol:
ste

Post by ste »

UPDATE

Superlight R

It's been so nice having this sat in the garage ready to use whenever I fancy a blast. With the Elise I got so used to owning it but never being able to use it, that the novelty of being able to start this and even drive it are taking a while to wear off. Last weekend youngest family member wanted to go and buy a coconut and as it was sunny it made sense to undertake such an important mission in the fluorescent yellow car.

The problem is, she's crazy and constantly asks me to go faster. She doesn't seem to understand speed limits...

On to hugely important and necessary upgrades: When putting this back together some of the old fasteners bugged me. I'm quite obsessed by details and also have a soft spot for using the best fasteners for a specific job. The steel button heads, with chipped paint that were holding the aeroscreen on looked tired and let the exterior down.

I ordered some replacements that I thought would look better. These are M8 alu countersunk bolts with countersink washers. All, obviously, anodised black.

Much better, you can now all sleep better tonight.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

ste wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:31 pm UPDATE

Superlight R

It's been so nice having this sat in the garage ready to use whenever I fancy a blast. With the Elise I got so used to owning it but never being able to use it, that the novelty of being able to start this and even drive it are taking a while to wear off. Last weekend youngest family member wanted to go and buy a coconut and as it was sunny it made sense to undertake such an important mission in the fluorescent yellow car.

The problem is, she's crazy and constantly asks me to go faster. She doesn't seem to understand speed limits...

On to hugely important and necessary upgrades: When putting this back together some of the old fasteners bugged me. I'm quite obsessed by details and also have a soft spot for using the best fasteners for a specific job. The steel button heads, with chipped paint that were holding the aeroscreen on looked tired and let the exterior down.

I ordered some replacements that I thought would look better. These are M8 alu countersunk bolts with countersink washers. All, obviously, anodised black.

Much better, you can now all sleep better tonight.
But Ste, what do they weigh?
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Golf R estate just rolled over 10k, 8 months into my 2 year, 20k lease. Nothing of interest to report.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
ste

Post by ste »

Rich, I shall rectify that heinous oversight.
mik

Post by mik »

Look nice ste, but you truly have CDO. :lol:

There was a good image on your insta showing the back of your car, which highlighted to me how the colour doesn't really show in pics : the yellow reggie plate looks extremely dark beside it. (I dont know how to link to that image)
ste

Post by ste »

It would be these ones:

I think that pic really highlights just how bright the paint is. The camera tries to sort the balance out and what you know to be a bright yellow numberplate looks brown in comparison.
mik

Post by mik »

ste wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:03 pm

I think that pic really highlights just how bright the paint is. The camera tries to sort the balance out and what you know to be a bright yellow numberplate looks brown in comparison.
Thats the one, and yes. 8-)
Simon

Post by Simon »

ste wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:31 pm
You're a lot shorter than I imagined.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Land Rover, Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

Addition to the fleet incoming, but I CBA with the usual guessing game so: it's an E36 Compact.

Won accidentally on ebay this evening when the high bid got cancelled and left me holding the baby. Ooops.

Anyone live near Norwich ??
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Sundayjumper wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:52 pm Addition to the fleet incoming, but I CBA with the usual guessing game so: it's an E36 Compact.

Won accidentally on ebay this evening when the high bid got cancelled and left me holding the baby. Ooops.

Anyone live near Norwich ??
Do you need another car that (I'm assuming) is inferior to every other car in your fleet? At least tell us it is silver.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

DeskJockey wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:59 pmAt least tell us it is silver.
I think you know me well enough by now :D

7.jpg
7.jpg (58.88 KiB) Viewed 2669 times

It's £700, which considering I need to find a trailer and spend a whole day going to collect it is probably too much, but it's silver and it's a Sport and it doesn't have a sunroof, and that combo is surprisingly rare.
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

What engine?
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Unsurprisingly I was keeping my eye on that. If it had had an mot or I had a trailer I probably would have bought it for parts.

Want to sell me the interior? you'll be coming past with it at some point anyway 😉 Can swap for a standard dark grey cloth one...
Cheers, Harry
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

integrale_evo wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:27 pm...you'll be coming past with it at some point anyway...
Where are you ? I was thinking of you and had an inkling you were over that side of the country.

I've got a lead on borrowing a trailer, a stop off off for a cuppa might be in order.