Harry M’s Arctic Roll[s]

Marv

Re: Harry M’s Arctic Roll[s]

Post by Marv »

There used to be a Newcastle - Stavanger ferry. Think they stopped doing that service about five years ago. There was also a Harwich - Esbjerg ferry, which I think stopped running around the same time.

Guess it's a consequence of cheap flights. I know Stena line were not making much money out of the Harwich - Hoek Van Holland service a few years back. Not sure if are turning a decent profit now.

I remember being told by a Norwegian person that they see far fewer Brits touring Norway now. There is talk of bringing a ferry service back, but I can't see that happening while flights are still cheap.
Oui, je suis un motard.
Coaster1

Post by Coaster1 »

V8Granite wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 8:48 pm That makes me want to take the Defender back but this time get into Russia.
Not watched the videos yet but just finished reading the OV9 new Ford GT article from a few months ago where they visited Arctic Circle Raceway.

I would like to go back to Norway but this time includes a track day at ACR, then to Arctic Circle then head east then south east and do a loop to head to St Petersburg. 8-)
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Watched part 2 last night, what a brilliant trip.
An absolute unit
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

GG. wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 6:19 pm Yes the photos were very impressive. Would be fun to see a behind the scenes as to how he shot them.

Slightly depressing there is no ferry to Oslo as I'd love to do this trip but the slog through the Benelux countries & Denmark makes it into double the proposition from a time and mileage perspective.
Doesn’t the Immingham - Brevik line still run? Did Immingham - Gothenburg years ago.
How about not having a sig at all?
GG.

Post by GG. »

Don't think so. I looked maybe a year ago and there was nothing. My family is up in East Yorkshire so Immingham would've been ideal.