Teh Spotted Thread

NotoriousREV

Re: Teh Spotted Thread

Post by NotoriousREV »

mik wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 11:28 am
Peterlplp wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 11:00 am Some interesting style choices but I quite like it:

Ewww - do not like. :shock:

I am not sure how many others will recognise that as a Commodore / VXR8? (Where is pic taken?)
Corvette wheels. Nice choice.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
240PP
Currently Driving: A5 3.0 TDI, 987 S.

Post by 240PP »

Mito Man wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 10:18 am Finally got a pic of this one as its been under a cover and not moved in about 2 years.

Heard it once in the carpark and it sounded very nice.
Nice Merc too. Very 80s dictator
DaveE

Post by DaveE »

Saw a blue 720S yesterday (Y28 MCL I think)

An unusual blue colour, and the first I've seen on the road.

Didn't sound very nice though...
Peterlplp

Post by Peterlplp »

Looked into it and it appears to be an homage to old SS Group A specials like this, this, and this hence the wacky bonnet, spoiler, and wheels borrowed from them variously. Also noticed that hi-vis guy in the background is pulling a rabbit out of a hardhat while also wearing a hardhat.

Another recent spot in a similar vein:

Looked rather menacing.

This one could go in the paranoid phone listening to you thread... I found a nice XA Falcon GT (I think) all alone in a carpark so I took three shots, front, side, and rear. Later on I noticed that the tiny little thumbnails on my phone were fuzzy looking so I opened them up and all three looked like this:

So I took a photo of my feet and it came out fine. No problems since then.
Some sort of anti-photo device on that car? Was it parked on an ancient Indian burial ground?

edit to add: oops, forgot to respond to Mik - Auckland, New Zealand so muppety big engine Falcodores are the norm but that one was odd enough to grab my attention.
John

Post by John »

Invicta s1 coupe on the m42. I had to do a search on the plate as I had no idea what it was, sounded nice though.
John

Post by John »

Found this pic of the exact car.

GG.

Post by GG. »

One rare and one ultra rare spot on the M40 today - Aventador SV (1 of 600 worldwide) and a LaFerrari Aperta (1 of 350 worldwide).
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I didn’t know the SV was limited, seems like there’s more SVs than the regular Aventador unless they all have fake body kits and stickers.
How about not having a sig at all?
GG.

Post by GG. »

H.R. Owen's website seems to be suggesting that you can still buy one - it may be just an estimate of how many Lambo think they can sell :lol:
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

The Italians would never lie about how many cars they intend to produce/have produced would they 😉
How about not having a sig at all?
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

:lol:
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
Gavin
Currently Driving: Skoda Superb, R56 Cooper S

Post by Gavin »

A 60s Dodge Challenger and a beautiful Dutch registered Giulia. Spoke to the owners who were over for some sort of tour. Had roll cage and headphones in the back and sounded really really nice!
Beany

Post by Beany »

No pics, but coming back up from the south on Monday night, I did see a filthy silver Mk3 St220 hatch being given absolute hell up the A1M. Had a fruity zorst on it.

Pulled up behind a 65mph dawdler, blipped it down a coupe of gears, and gave it full beans to the limiter as it pulled away when the slow coach moved over.

Literally never seen one of those being driven 'as intended', it looked and sounded surprisingly purposeful - edit, although I do recall it not sounding that *tuneful*, just a bit loud and bwarpy Definitely a V6, but I don't recally anyone noting that the Ford V6s sounded all that good in the first place so I wasn't shocked that it sounded a bit meh.
Gavin
Currently Driving: Skoda Superb, R56 Cooper S

Post by Gavin »

It is half an AM engine remember!

I saw a 996 with what looked like the upturned spoiler from a 2.7 RS. Whether it was a Singer type thing I don't know as we were past it and I was driving so could not take a photo.
mik

Post by mik »

Another local Pinzgauer 912 I have seen a couple of times but not managed to get a pic. The last one was a hard-top, whereas this one is a softie. Cool reggie too.

JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

I don't get it.
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

mik wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:30 pm Another local Pinzgauer 912 I have seen a couple of times but not managed to get a pic. The last one was a hard-top, whereas this one is a softie. Cool reggie too.

8-)

Can-Am must be a giggle. The Invicta is butt ugly unfortunately... nice spot though 😎
Peterlplp

Post by Peterlplp »

Toyota Blade Master G - These usually have the 2.4l 4 from the Camry but the Master G has a 3.5L V6 for some reason.:

Not sure if you guys ever got these - Legacy Blitzen - always liked the flat face on the wheels and the split spoiler.:

I like how black paint and different wheels make a cutsey kei car into something a little mean looking:

Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

I saw a light blue Bentayga today. After marvelling at the size of its rear tyres I was then struck by what a hideous piece of tarted-up bling the air itself was. I shall assume the same observation would apply to the driver of said car, but boy does it just sum up everything that's wrong with "luxury" SUVs.
Cheers,

Mike.
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Land Rover, Peugeot 406 replica

Post by Sundayjumper »

Really nice Mk1 Granada, in convoy with a very tidy (but less cool) Mk2.

IMG_7254.jpg
IMG_7254.jpg (90.81 KiB) Viewed 3052 times