Seeing harrowing things

mik

Seeing harrowing things

Post by mik »

Driving a hire car to the airport in foreign land tonight.

Big truck a few cars in front has just squashed mummy duck flat. I am in the next lane over and I haven’t registered what it is in the road yet... a hat? :?

There are a couple of smaller blobs or similar colour near by that I don’t have time to assess either, and it only really pieces together in my head as I draw almost alongside and realise there are 6 or 7 tiny ducklings running in random directions in blind panic / confusion :cry:

Nothing I could do. :(

(To help I mean - didn’t hit any but passed at about 80mph and it was pretty busy)
nuttinnew

Re: Seeing harrowing things

Post by nuttinnew »

:(
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

Hate things like this :( I once had someone get road rage with me because I stopped to let some ducks cross a road.
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

I clocked a fox making a b-line for the road so slowed and got rear ended by a bint on her mobile
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
Marv

Post by Marv »

Many years ago I drove over a baby rabbit 😭
Oui, je suis un motard.
scotta

Post by scotta »

I narrowly missed a badger one night by hammering on the brakes. unfortunately the car coming the other way couldnt avoid it and its head went under the back wheel. stopped but it was proper dead. Phoned police to remove it.
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

I exploded a pigeon once with a mk2 Clio. Now that was proper messy. I mean, we're talking "I need to get the car washed now and hope that no one at the car wash phones the police thinking I've been in a hit and run" messy.

Mind, not as messy for me as it was for the chap behind with the open sunroof, into which the solid remains of the pigeon appeared to fall. :oops:
GG.

Post by GG. »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 11:29 am Mind, not as messy for me as it was for the chap behind with the open sunroof, into which the solid remains of the pigeon appeared to fall. :oops:
🤢
Gavin
Currently Driving: Skoda Superb, R56 Cooper S

Post by Gavin »

GG. wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 11:30 am
Swervin_Mervin wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 11:29 am Mind, not as messy for me as it was for the chap behind with the open sunroof, into which the solid remains of the pigeon appeared to fall. :oops:
🤢
:lol: :lol: I am a bad person but that made me laugh. When I recently hit a small deer there was a nice streak of blood up the car that I jetwashed off fairly quickly.
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

dinny_g wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 9:45 pm I clocked a fox making a b-line for the road so slowed and got rear ended by a bint on her mobile
Wasn't she in a car?
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I haven’t hit anything bigger than a blackbird.

Saw a car smash into a big deer, which was totally avoidable if the idiot braked a bit rather than think he could plough through and write off both his car and the deer. The crash left the deer blocking half the road so we got out with the people from the car behind and moved the deer to the side, which was still alive.

Most gruesome must have been about 2 years ago when I saw the aftermath of a cyclist/lorry incident as I must have just got to the scene a few minutes after it happened, still feel a bit sick whenever I go past the area in Knightsbridge
How about not having a sig at all?
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

God yeah Mito, aftermath of fatal accidents is horrible - Like the driver that decided to commit suicide by driving at the back of a parked up Articulated Lorry - car turned into a convertible... :shock:
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
mikeyb
Currently Driving: R56 Mini GP2
R53 Mini Cooper S
L322 Range Rover Westminster
BMW F30 330d

Post by mikeyb »

dinny_g wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 2:13 pm God yeah Mito, aftermath of fatal accidents is horrible - Like the driver that decided to commit suicide by driving at the back of a parked up Articulated Lorry - car turned into a convertible... :shock:
I'm sure it will have been a seperate event, but someone committed suicide in the same manner, driving into the back of one of dad's trucks. The force of the impact moved the rear axle of the trailer forwards by over 6 inches. Doesn't sound a lot, but the trailer had a collision/impact bar (which would've absorbed some of the force of the impact) and was fully loaded, so circa 44 tonnes :shock:
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

One I saw was on the Newport Pagnell Bypass about 4 or 5 years ago.
ShockDiamonds

Post by ShockDiamonds »

My niece was in the car with my father when he passed away at the wheel last month (low speed, coming up to a roundabout, still enough to write off the car though). She's a strong character but is getting the shakes every now and again as the shock settles, or however to describe it. Absolutely horrible for her. And through this, she's doing ok in her exams we think and succeeded in passing her driving test yesterday. Strength of character is immense.
Richard

Post by Richard »

I saw a deer get run over by the car in front of me, as a kid

It hit the deer, then the deer went under the front wheels, got dragged, then the car went over, only for it to be dragged by the rear wheels for a bit, then finally the car went all the way over

It was really horrible, the deer was still alive. We covered it’s head with a dark cloth to calm it whilst the local keeper came to kill it

Poor thing
Richard

Post by Richard »

My dad hit a deer once too

We were driving along, I was reading a book or something, and the deer jumped out in front of him. Dad slammed on the brakes, the deer went over the bonnet and as I pulled the book down in shock, I saw a deer staring at me. I was fucking terrified.

After the deer trotted off

The only damage to the car was a cracked headlight
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

3 humans, 2 dogs, a few birds, one of which made my car overheat as it’s remains blocked and cooked a big part of my radiator.

A Hare did my front grill, lower grill, headlamp was her and dented the bonnet on my 405.

A guy at work ended up with an arm in his ex Postal van from a biker who was mid crash when he came round the corner.

Seeing animals getting hurt and getting all emotional make you wonder how mentally strong doctors and surgeons etc must be.

Dave!
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

I hit a pheasant in a new MK1 Focus approaching 3 figures and that made a hell of a bang. I kept going as I had to be somewhere. When I eventually got out of the car it looked like a bomb had gone off. Bodywork sticking out all over the place!

Seen the aftermath of a few horrible human things like RTA fatalities or a stabbing fatality but I just think TF it wasn't me or mine! You got to move on from these things as sad as it is for those involved.