Crap drivers pt138572

Beany

Re: Crap drivers pt138572

Post by Beany »

Salahs on Leeds road. Dirt cheap, good chicken.

Dodgy as fuck area to park up in though, I'll swear people were eyeing the car up to see if anyone was in it, so they knew if it was safe to put the windows through....
Beany

Post by Beany »

We also like a bit of Reds True BBQ in Leeds (who are now doing quad burgers - YES PLEASE), and Lahores, who do sort of indian fusion stuff but can knock up a damned nice lasagne with sweet chilli fries.

basically most Fridays we get some food in, and if it's somewhere like salahs who don't deliver, then someone goes and gets it. Twas my turn this week.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

I was the crap driver today. I managed to reverse MrsREVs BMW into a post. It’s put the slightest of ripples in the bumper. It’s not so bad that I want to get it repaired immediately, but it catches my eye when I walk past it. Pissed myself of.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Beany wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:26 pm We also like a bit of Reds True BBQ in Leeds (who are now doing quad burgers - YES PLEASE), and Lahores, who do sort of indian fusion stuff but can knock up a damned nice lasagne with sweet chilli fries.

basically most Fridays we get some food in, and if it's somewhere like salahs who don't deliver, then someone goes and gets it. Twas my turn this week.
I went to Reds in Manchester last week and sent my first meal back. The food tasted great but what I ordered turned out to be 4 burnt ends on a slice of toast with a pile of kale for £16. I swapped it for the big platter thing that is basically a huge pile of meat for £18. They didn’t bat an eyelid when I said the first meal wasn’t worth the money they were charging, so I get the impression I wasn’t the first to mention it.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
mik

Post by mik »

NotoriousREV wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:48 pm I was the crap driver today. I managed to reverse MrsREVs BMW into a post. It’s put the slightest of ripples in the bumper. It’s not so bad that I want to get it repaired immediately, but it catches my eye when I walk past it. Pissed myself of.
Was it because you'd just had un oeuff ? :?
Beany

Post by Beany »

NotoriousREV wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:51 pm
Beany wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:26 pm We also like a bit of Reds True BBQ in Leeds (who are now doing quad burgers - YES PLEASE), and Lahores, who do sort of indian fusion stuff but can knock up a damned nice lasagne with sweet chilli fries.

I went to Reds in Manchester last week and sent my first meal back. The food tasted great but what I ordered turned out to be 4 burnt ends on a slice of toast with a pile of kale for £16. I swapped it for the big platter thing that is basically a huge pile of meat for £18. They didn’t bat an eyelid when I said the first meal wasn’t worth the money they were charging, so I get the impression I wasn’t the first to mention it.
Never had a bad meal from the Leeds one, but we always do collection, not table service, so perhaps there's less pressure on the staff to time it all etc or something.

Love the swine fries.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Beany wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:05 pm
NotoriousREV wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:51 pm

Never had a bad meal from the Leeds one, but we always do collection, not table service, so perhaps there's less pressure on the staff to time it all etc or something.

Love the swine fries.
It wasn’t a bad meal, per se, just a tiny portion for the money. I actually questioned if they’d brought the correct meal at first because it looked so small compared to others’ meals. It looked like a starter. They confirmed it was correct so I just said it was too expensive for what it was and swapped it. They were great about it, to be fair.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

mik wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:02 pm
NotoriousREV wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:48 pm I was the crap driver today. I managed to reverse MrsREVs BMW into a post. It’s put the slightest of ripples in the bumper. It’s not so bad that I want to get it repaired immediately, but it catches my eye when I walk past it. Pissed myself of.
Was it because you'd just had un oeuff ? :?
Well, I wasn’t full of beans.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

I did read this today which made me smile...

https://www.thesun.co.uk/motors/103060 ... e-hogging/

:)
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Only £100 fine. Shame.

If anyone is looking for a proper Indian in London go to Punjab in Covent Garden. It’s authentic with large portions for London and very well priced for the area. It’s supposedly the first Punjabi restaurant in the UK so it has lots of history inside. I’ve been going frequently with my family for 20 years and it’s always been good.
How about not having a sig at all?
Beany

Post by Beany »

Mito Man wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:47 pm Only £100 fine. Shame.

If anyone is looking for a proper Indian in London go to Punjab in Covent Garden. It’s authentic with large portions for London and very well priced for the area. It’s supposedly the first Punjabi restaurant in the UK so it has lots of history inside. I’ve been going frequently with my family for 20 years and it’s always been good.
It's the Empress on Lemans Street still a good shout, anyone know?

If I'm doing an overnighter in London someone soon I might expense a dinner.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

dinny_g wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:06 pm I did read this today which made me smile...

https://www.thesun.co.uk/motors/103060 ... e-hogging/

:)

8-)

The comments are not as bad as expected on the whole (or 'on the subject of that arse' if you prefer).

The Corsa in the vid clips is :lol:
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

One less of ‘them’... hopefully...
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
16vCento
Currently Driving: XFS Portfolio
V60 D3 SE
Xantia Activa

Post by 16vCento »

Beany wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:59 pm

Bundobust in Leeds is great for curry and beer.
Deeva in Farsley is good but more traditional, and the original Sweet Center in Bradford on Lumb Lane beats all, best Seekh Kebab I've ever had.

If your still in Pudsey Beany, get to the Sweet Center on Bradford Road between Owlcoates and Thornbury and get a couple of Samosas, 50p each and they're cracking!
Beany

Post by Beany »

16vCento wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:58 pm

Deeva in Farsley is good but more traditional, and the original Sweet Center in Bradford on Lumb Lane beats all, best Seekh Kebab I've ever had.

If your still in Pudsey Beany, get to the Sweet Center on Bradford Road between Owlcoates and Thornbury and get a couple of Samosas, 50p each and they're cracking!
We work on Bradford road so I'll raise this with the collective....
16vCento
Currently Driving: XFS Portfolio
V60 D3 SE
Xantia Activa

Post by 16vCento »

Oh you must be quite close to my works head office then!

You should pop to the Aagrah for their buffet lunch, lists about 8 quid I think!
Beany

Post by Beany »

16vCento wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:21 pm Oh you must be quite close to my works head office then!

You should pop to the Aagrah for their buffet lunch, lists about 8 quid I think!
Nah mate, we're on the Pudsey side of Bradford road. You know, the *nice* side ;)
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Beany wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:15 pm
16vCento wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:21 pm Oh you must be quite close to my works head office then!

Nah mate, we're on the Pudsey side of Bradford road. You know, the *nice* side ;)
All things are relative tho eh? :D
Beany

Post by Beany »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:47 pm
Beany wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:15 pm

All things are relative tho eh? :D
Compared to the other end of Bradford road, trust me, this is objective truth, not opinion ;)
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

16vCento wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:58 pm

I'm in Bradford tomorrow so will be launching at the Sweet Centre if all goes according to plan 😎