Teh Spotted Thread

Simon

Re: Teh Spotted Thread

Post by Simon »

Motoring sofa.

No, seriously. You know that guy that makes anything stupid into a car? Well the 'sofa' drove past the cafe I was sitting in for breakfast yesterday. The sofa was blue.

Frustratingly I didn't see it for long because the other half was tricking me several times with 'oh look over there' etc so she could nick my chips. When she said 'ooooh look at that!' whilst pointing out the window I thought she was still doing it.

The artist formerly known as _Who_
GG.

Post by GG. »

Top spotteds there Richard.

My only interesting Porsche spotted this weekend was a re-spot of the 928 S2 which is sometimes parked on Village Way in Dulwich which I've posted a pic ofbefore. Its in a very sorry old state cosmetically with the badge missing off the front and a lot of the paintwork wearing an interesting crackle glazed effect. :?

I parked up next to it and got out to see what 'box it had in it as might have been worth an approach to the owner with a cheeky low bid if it was a manuel - sadly it was ein auto-getriebe, though the interior did look in pretty good nick (battery jump starter on the passenger seat aside :lol: ).

Other spotted were a Huracan behind a new 991 Turbo on the South Circular. Otherwise pretty unremarkable w/e.
Jezh

Post by Jezh »

In Eastbourne yesterday

Also a Renault Spider a few days earlier near Lewes (Library Pic but very much like this!)

Your opinion is very important for me. Thank you please.
Marv

Post by Marv »

Weird to see a Nissan PAO at the Hoek of Holland.

Oui, je suis un motard.
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

GG. wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 11:41 amif it was a manuel - sadly it was ein auto-getriebe
I don't understand. I was led to believe the manual gearbox is nothing more than a manifestation of irrelevant and outdated technology, and that automatic gearboxes are far better?
GG.

Post by GG. »

Indeed - plus by the S2 model they had shattered the manual into dust by inventing that modern miracle of gear shifting technology that was the FOUR SPEED auto. No 1960s 3 speed Mercedes box for you sir with your elasticated slacks and sore left hip.
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

I should've taken photos for Nathan :D

A client proudly showed me around his owned from new 2002 Rover 75 1.8T SE, 58k miles from new and immaculate with the fuel pump being the only non service item in 16 yrs.

I wasn't aware they made a turbo'd k series, i always thought the 160 cars were VVC motors.
Nathan

Post by Nathan »

Carlos wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 5:21 pm I should've taken photos for Nathan :D

A client proudly showed me around his owned from new 2002 Rover 75 1.8T SE, 58k miles from new and immaculate with the fuel pump being the only non service item in 16 yrs.

I wasn't aware they made a turbo'd k series, i always thought the 160 cars were VVC motors.
I don't believe it !
GG.

Post by GG. »

Nathan wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 5:35 pm
Carlos wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 5:21 pm I should've taken photos for Nathan :D

I don't believe it !
He meant the fuel pump was the only item not serviced - everything else had to be replaced :lol:
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

There’s an old giffer who parks his Rover 75 estate at Waitrose most days - immaculate BRG with gold pin stripe and RAC badges on the grill.
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

This one is Metallic BRG as well. There can't be many nice ones left particularly with that unusual motor.
Gavin
Currently Driving: Skoda Superb, R56 Cooper S

Post by Gavin »

I saw a BX estate yesterday.

And an Armstrong Siddeley (I think Sapphire) on Saturday.
Jezh

Post by Jezh »

Talking of Citroen's, one of these last Friday near Haywards Heath in white and being driven with some 'vigueur' 8-)

Your opinion is very important for me. Thank you please.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

I saw a Snap On van yesterday, can't remember the last time I saw one. It was just a 7.5 tonne box truck though, not as stylish as the big Mercedes vans they used to use :).
An absolute unit
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Carlos wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 7:50 pm This one is Metallic BRG as well. There can't be many nice ones left particularly with that unusual motor.
The 1.8 turbo k series isn't particularly unusual. It was a low blow unit for a little bit more mid range shove rather than anything particularly special.
Cheers, Harry
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:04 pm I don't think I've ever seen anything better than this, in my entire life.

John

Post by John »

This caught my eye yesterday

Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Finally got a pic of this one as its been under a cover and not moved in about 2 years.

Heard it once in the carpark and it sounded very nice.
How about not having a sig at all?
Peterlplp

Post by Peterlplp »

Some interesting style choices but I quite like it:

mik

Post by mik »

Peterlplp wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 11:00 am Some interesting style choices but I quite like it:

Ewww - do not like. :shock:

I am not sure how many others will recognise that as a Commodore / VXR8? (Where is pic taken?)