Your fleet running reports

duncs500

Re: Your fleet running reports

Post by duncs500 »

mik wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 10:29 pm
Marv wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 9:08 pm
Can I say I didn't really notice any difference in performance between Mik's Evora SR YC edition, and Ross's 'normal' Evora? Obviously a few years passed between passengering in each of them, and Ross had the muppet induction kit fitted, which sounded ace 😎

Maybe it's also because Mik seemed a little less of a nutcase behind the wheel as well? 😉
Mine has as extra 70bhp. Now I am no racing snake, but c'mon Marv :cry:

I may have made several fully audible - but competely involuntary - noises when Ayrton Mudge gave me a p-ride on teh secret road in his Exige. If he ever states that he is just going to "take it easy,...no heroics"... do not even get in the car. :shock:
:D Yeah, Nigel Mudgesell doesn't mess around, I think most of my audible noises were giggles though. You don't hang around either though mik, never went in the Evora but I remember being deeply impressed with the VXR8.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Coming up to 21k miles in my Audi. I still really like it. I'll do an end of term report when it goes next month but in the meantime, it has an annoyance: the driver's side sunvisor won't quite stay put in its extended position now. The passenger one works fine.
drcarlos

Post by drcarlos »

My ball joint problem turned out to be a CV making noise so we ordered that and the wrong one turned up damaged! Anyway this was after my tame mechanic had taken the old one off discovered it had been off previously and the c clip left out plus the inner joint was worn too. Joy.
On the plus side I got a new driveshaft for less than a CV joint and it's back in on Monday to have it fitted.
He already did the AC regas which now means it really does cool on hot days.

Carl.
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

For the FTAO of ste:

YHPM
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Dude - he's blanking you. Deal with it.
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

:cry: The shame.
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

No-one likes you Duncs, because you smell.
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Meanie.
240PP
Currently Driving: A5 3.0 TDI, 987 S.

Post by 240PP »

JLv3.0 wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 7:41 pm No-one likes you Duncs, because you smell.
And he's gay.
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

240PP wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 8:01 pm
JLv3.0 wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 7:41 pm No-one likes you Duncs, because you smell.
And he's gay.
Oi! This is a tolerant forum.
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Maurice

Post by Maurice »

duncs500 wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 6:29 am
mik wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 10:29 pm
Marv wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 9:08 pm
Can I say I didn't really notice any difference in performance between Mik's Evora SR YC edition, and Ross's 'normal' Evora? Obviously a few years passed between passengering in each of them, and Ross had the muppet induction kit fitted, which sounded ace 😎

Maybe it's also because Mik seemed a little less of a nutcase behind the wheel as well? 😉
Mine has as extra 70bhp. Now I am no racing snake, but c'mon Marv :cry:

I may have made several fully audible - but competely involuntary - noises when Ayrton Mudge gave me a p-ride on teh secret road in his Exige. If he ever states that he is just going to "take it easy,...no heroics"... do not even get in the car. :shock:
:D Yeah, Nigel Mudgesell doesn't mess around, I think most of my audible noises were giggles though. You don't hang around either though mik, never went in the Evora but I remember being deeply impressed with the VXR8.
My moustache is better.
Beany

Post by Beany »

Puma - Gone.

Mondeo - ticking along nicely, although the front end of it now looks like some kind of genocidal statement towards insect life of all stripes. It's hideous.

I should probably clean it up next time I'm down at the missus's for a full weekend (as opposed to this weekends one night stayover) and check for stone chips and whatnot, though, as I expect that'll start taking it's toll soon with the number of miles it's doing.

Oh, and it cruises very smoothly at 95mph, thanks.
Marv

Post by Marv »

Yesterday I spent a few hours cleaning the interior of the M3, today I spent several hours cleaning the outside... Still need to give it a good coat of wax too! Also fitted a rear number plate minus, any dealership advertising.

Next weekend I'll be tinkering with the 968.
Oui, je suis un motard.
mik

Post by mik »

Marv wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 9:30 pm Also fitted a rear number plate
Where is your BS mark and supplier postcode LAWBREAKER! :evil:

Shiney though 8-)
Marv

Post by Marv »

mik wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 10:57 pm
Marv wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 9:30 pm Also fitted a rear number plate
Where is your BS mark and supplier postcode LAWBREAKER! :evil:

Shiney though 8-)
They doth hast the BS mark, Mik.
Oui, je suis un motard.
mik

Post by mik »

Felony reduction - 50%.
Gavin
Currently Driving: Skoda Superb, R56 Cooper S

Post by Gavin »

Picked up the newer Saab on Friday, drove it homewards only for the oil light to flicker. Decided to park at a mate's and do a sump drop as it is a well known problem on the B235 lump.

Got it done eventually as the design is stupid, only for the oil light to now be on permanently despite having a clean sump and strainer.

Car is being picked up by AA tomorrow to go back to get he oil pressure gauge on to see what the problem is but likely the new oil pressure switch they fitted is faulty. Hope so anyway.

On the plus side, it felt much tighter and faster than the grey one it replaces so possibly happy days.
JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Post by JonMad »

Update. There is no update. Megane currently gathering dust on the driveway, having not moved in 6 weeks now apart from
- 10 mile round trip to get the bonnet closing fixed
- 40 miles to/from the ov9/dyno run/costco hot dogging meet
- 1 mile to/from my local tyre place to get the tyres swapped ahead of Bedford.

I might get to drive it to work on Thursday, here's hoping.
Left over crest; tightens.
ste

Post by ste »

UPDATE

Catherham Superlight R

Collected the Caterham from paint a week last Thurs and had an MOT booked for Friday and a drive to a weekend away at a car show booked for Friday afternoon. So I've had a week of madness putting almost a bare tub into a road-worthy state. It was skin of my teeth stuff but somehow I got it ready for the MOT.

..and even more surprisingly this happened.

I then took it home and got it nearer to a finished state before setting off to Goodwood with Hoyley where we met up with a load more reprobates and I drank myself slowly into a clebratory stupor.

Driving with aeroscreen and goggles is quite an experience. I made it there and back though and it all worked, nothing fell off and there were no leaks or failures. So I guess that's a success. I now just need to make it up to the family for disappearing into the garage for an entire week and then buggering off for the weekend.

Will update with proper rebuild update soon.