Bye Bye Boris!

User avatar
JonMad
Posts: 1481
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:25 pm
Currently Driving: 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Re: Bye Bye Boris!

Post by JonMad »

Unless that was his plan all along, or someone’s.
Left over crest; tightens.

User avatar
Beany
Posts: 2256
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:27 pm

Re: Bye Bye Boris!

Post by Beany »

JonMad wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:16 pm
Unless that was his plan all along, or someone’s.
Occams Razor people, for fucks sake.

Is it actually a Deep State conspiracy to subvert the democratic vote via an amazing triple bluff, a requiring a level of complexity that would make the middle east peace process look like a quick game of Solitaire.....


.....or is it that Johnson and his team are utterly fucking feckless, have seriously underestimated their position and vastly overestimated their influence, and have completely fucked it up in ways previously thought to be impossible due to the level of negligence required?

User avatar
Swervin_Mervin
Posts: 2048
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:58 pm

Re: Bye Bye Boris!

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Beany wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:28 pm
His greatest political act since becoming the PM has been to repeatedly call JC a chicken.

To the extent where they made up a poster of him in a chicken suit, and sent 'JFC' branded chicken to the press corp.
I was reading a Peston piece the other day, and he seemed to be suggesting that there could be a softening of the DUP's position on having a regulatory border in the Irish Sea. That BJ will come back with a renegotiated deal without the backstop, and that if his hardline ERGers refuse to back the deal in Parliament that they'll also be joining the Tory remainers in the dole queue i.e. that BJ may be willing to bring the Tory party to the brink in order to get a deal across the line before 31st Oct.
So I don't think that's likely.
Which bit? The regulatory border in the Irish Sea or him dumping the likes of Francois if they don't vote for it?

User avatar
JLv3.0
Posts: 4784
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:42 am

Re: Bye Bye Boris!

Post by JLv3.0 »

Ignoring the Brexitards, as I intend to fully do from now on, if Brexit actually was a good idea, I can't help but feel it would have been smoothly implemented by now, rather than essentially breaking the government.

User avatar
Beany
Posts: 2256
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:27 pm

Re: Bye Bye Boris!

Post by Beany »

Swervin_Mervin wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:33 pm
Beany wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:28 pm
His greatest political act since becoming the PM has been to repeatedly call JC a chicken.

To the extent where they made up a poster of him in a chicken suit, and sent 'JFC' branded chicken to the press corp.
I was reading a Peston piece the other day, and he seemed to be suggesting that there could be a softening of the DUP's position on having a regulatory border in the Irish Sea. That BJ will come back with a renegotiated deal without the backstop, and that if his hardline ERGers refuse to back the deal in Parliament that they'll also be joining the Tory remainers in the dole queue i.e. that BJ may be willing to bring the Tory party to the brink in order to get a deal across the line before 31st Oct.
So I don't think that's likely.
Which bit? The regulatory border in the Irish Sea or him dumping the likes of Francois if they don't vote for it?
I was thinking more that Johnson, and most of his team, actually haven't the nous to come up with anything such as the above, which would involve some actual politicking rather than making loud noises.

Again, we're talking about the party of....this:
Image

Proper high level stuff here.

User avatar
NotoriousREV
Posts: 6436
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:14 pm

Re: Bye Bye Boris!

Post by NotoriousREV »

JLv3.0 wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:35 pm
Ignoring the Brexitards, as I intend to fully do from now on, if Brexit actually was a good idea, I can't help but feel it would have been smoothly implemented by now, rather than essentially breaking the government.
It certainly wouldn't require a £100m advertising campaign...
Middle-aged Dirtbag

User avatar
JLv3.0
Posts: 4784
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:42 am

Re: Bye Bye Boris!

Post by JLv3.0 »

Image
Last edited by JLv3.0 on Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
dinny_g
Posts: 1991
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:31 pm

Re: Bye Bye Boris!

Post by dinny_g »

Beany wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:29 pm
.....or is it that Johnson and his team are utterly fucking feckless, have seriously underestimated their position and vastly overestimated their influence, and have completely fucked it up in ways previously thought to be impossible due to the level of negligence required?
Like it was all going swimmingly before he took over :lol: - he's just the latest. Cameron, spineless chicken he was in the first instance. Then May, who despite her faults, did seem to be trying to do the right thing - just really, really badly, to Boris and his strategy.
JLv3.0 wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm
I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.

User avatar
ZedLeg
Posts: 2585
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:19 pm

Re: Bye Bye Boris!

Post by ZedLeg »

JLv3.0 wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:10 pm
LET'S FUND OUR NHS INSTEAD!! :lol:
£6.5bn (and counting) is a small price to pay for our sovereignty and independence.
An absolute unit

User avatar
JLv3.0
Posts: 4784
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:42 am

Re: Bye Bye Boris!

Post by JLv3.0 »

Oh - I thought it was to pay for the NHS. That's what the bus would have me believe. Most odd.

User avatar
Swervin_Mervin
Posts: 2048
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:58 pm

Re: Bye Bye Boris!

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Beany wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:50 pm
Swervin_Mervin wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:33 pm
Beany wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:28 pm
His greatest political act since becoming the PM has been to repeatedly call JC a chicken.

To the extent where they made up a poster of him in a chicken suit, and sent 'JFC' branded chicken to the press corp.



So I don't think that's likely.
Which bit? The regulatory border in the Irish Sea or him dumping the likes of Francois if they don't vote for it?
I was thinking more that Johnson, and most of his team, actually haven't the nous to come up with anything such as the above, which would involve some actual politicking rather than making loud noises.

Again, we're talking about the party of....this:
Image

Proper high level stuff here.
Whilst the JFC nonsense was just that, I don't think they're any better or worse than any others in the house, or that have gone before. Stupid to perhaps believe that Corbyn wouldn't flip-flop for his own ends though.

There have been a few murmurings that they may have been instrumental in getting the DUP to soften - how much is down to BJ and his advisors who knows. I'm sure if they do secure a change to the backstop, they'll trumpet it as their solution when it was something suggested by the EU a very long time ago.

User avatar
ZedLeg
Posts: 2585
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:19 pm

Re: Bye Bye Boris!

Post by ZedLeg »

JLv3.0 wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:35 pm
Oh - I thought it was to pay for the NHS. That's what the bus would have me believe. Most odd.
Oh my no, we won't have the budget for an NHS after brexit. What are we, communists?

Fortunately we'll have all those helpful Americans on hand to help us set up a new, better way.
An absolute unit

User avatar
JLv3.0
Posts: 4784
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:42 am

Re: Bye Bye Boris!

Post by JLv3.0 »

Well, it's all fine. I'm sure there exists a long and detailed list of all the benefits of this Brexit so I'll just trust those in charge to do the right thing.

User avatar
Beany
Posts: 2256
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:27 pm

Re: Bye Bye Boris!

Post by Beany »

Swervin_Mervin wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:38 pm

Whilst the JFC nonsense was just that, I don't think they're any better or worse than any others in the house, or that have gone before. Stupid to perhaps believe that Corbyn wouldn't flip-flop for his own ends though.

There have been a few murmurings that they may have been instrumental in getting the DUP to soften - how much is down to BJ and his advisors who knows. I'm sure if they do secure a change to the backstop, they'll trumpet it as their solution when it was something suggested by the EU a very long time ago.
Oh they're all idiots, I just don't get the people who seem to think Boris is a spiffing chap with the gusto to get things done. He's always been a fucking eejit.

There are also murmurings that the reason the unredacted Yellowhammer report hasn't been released to MPs is because the actual negative side effects would make them all baulk and Brexit would be over.

Murmurings are just that, innit.

User avatar
Beany
Posts: 2256
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:27 pm

Re: Bye Bye Boris!

Post by Beany »

ZedLeg wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:50 pm
JLv3.0 wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:35 pm
Oh - I thought it was to pay for the NHS. That's what the bus would have me believe. Most odd.
Oh my no, we won't have the budget for an NHS after brexit. What are we, communists?

Fortunately we'll have all those helpful Americans on hand to help us set up a new, better way.
I'll pay less income tax and NI after the disband the NHS, yeah?

Yeah....?

User avatar
JLv3.0
Posts: 4784
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:42 am

Re: Bye Bye Boris!

Post by JLv3.0 »

Beany wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:22 pm
I just don't get the people who seem to think Boris is a spiffing chap with the gusto to get things done.
Dave! is rather guilty of this, to my immense shock at the time.

User avatar
NotoriousREV
Posts: 6436
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:14 pm

Re: Bye Bye Boris!

Post by NotoriousREV »

Beany wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:23 pm
ZedLeg wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:50 pm
JLv3.0 wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:35 pm
Oh - I thought it was to pay for the NHS. That's what the bus would have me believe. Most odd.
Oh my no, we won't have the budget for an NHS after brexit. What are we, communists?

Fortunately we'll have all those helpful Americans on hand to help us set up a new, better way.
I'll pay less income tax and NI after the disband the NHS, yeah?

Yeah....?
Well, you’ll be dead in a ditch, so yes.
Middle-aged Dirtbag

User avatar
Beany
Posts: 2256
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:27 pm

Re: Bye Bye Boris!

Post by Beany »

Ahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Another fucking bridge.



AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Because his history with them is just so, so exceptionally good.

User avatar
Broccers
Posts: 2261
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:37 pm

Re: Bye Bye Boris!

Post by Broccers »

I'm gradually changing my mind on the whole thing. Sorry for the winding up :D

Be good to get on with normalality.

User avatar
Beany
Posts: 2256
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:27 pm

Re: Bye Bye Boris!

Post by Beany »

Go on BrocStar, give us your considered thoughts on the situation 8-)

Post Reply