New iPhones

Nathan
Posts: 494
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:08 pm

Re: New iPhones

Post by Nathan » Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:45 am

I have a an absolutely mint 7 Black 32GB on Vodafone which can be unlocked for free if you are with them

User avatar
Beany
Posts: 1196
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:27 pm

Re: New iPhones

Post by Beany » Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:03 am

Nathan wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:57 am
Jobbo wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:38 pm
Yeah, my earpiece had been muffled for a while. I thought it was just people mumbling before realising it was every call. I spotted you mention the same thing.

I fixed this on my friends phone, dirt on the speaker. Easy
I've done the same for a couple of iPhones in the office. Speakers and microphones get the same problem, giving them a clean out with a small pin made the phone actually usable again.

User avatar
ste
Posts: 877
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:16 pm

Re: New iPhones

Post by ste » Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:17 am

Nathan wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:45 am
I have a an absolutely mint 7 Black 32GB on Vodafone which can be unlocked for free if you are with them
I'm not with Vodafone, what's the process?

User avatar
ste
Posts: 877
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:16 pm

Re: New iPhones

Post by ste » Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:17 am

I think my wife might be though actually...

Nathan
Posts: 494
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:08 pm

Re: New iPhones

Post by Nathan » Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:40 am

ste wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:17 am
Nathan wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:45 am
I have a an absolutely mint 7 Black 32GB on Vodafone which can be unlocked for free if you are with them
I'm not with Vodafone, what's the process?
You can stick a Vodafone contract or PAYG sim in it, make a call, take it out again if you like and request a free unlock code 30 days later

User avatar
mik
Posts: 2214
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:15 pm

Re: New iPhones

Post by mik » Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:45 am

Beany wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:03 am
Nathan wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:57 am
Jobbo wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:38 pm
Yeah, my earpiece had been muffled for a while. I thought it was just people mumbling before realising it was every call. I spotted you mention the same thing.

I fixed this on my friends phone, dirt on the speaker. Easy
I've done the same for a couple of iPhones in the office. Speakers and microphones get the same problem, giving them a clean out with a small pin made the phone actually usable again.
Sounds dangerous.

I use a blob of blue tack to remove dust n shizzle from phone apertures. Gentle pressure (/swisstony) Works superbly. 8-)
Last edited by mik on Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
ste
Posts: 877
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:16 pm

Re: New iPhones

Post by ste » Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:47 am

Nathan wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:40 am
ste wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:17 am
Nathan wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:45 am
I have a an absolutely mint 7 Black 32GB on Vodafone which can be unlocked for free if you are with them
I'm not with Vodafone, what's the process?
You can stick a Vodafone contract or PAYG sim in it, make a call, take it out again if you like and request a free unlock code 30 days later
AH Ok, I'd like it for next weekend ideally though. How much?

User avatar
Beany
Posts: 1196
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:27 pm

Re: New iPhones

Post by Beany » Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:49 am

Oh, these ones were *caked* - I did follow up with a wipe of (citrus based) solvent and a can of compressed air for the rest of it, I didn't just ram a pin in all the holes! :lol:

User avatar
JLv3.0
Posts: 4677
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:42 am

Re: New iPhones

Post by JLv3.0 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:50 am

I've never had this issue and can only imagine you lot eject actual earwax from your lugs :D

User avatar
mik
Posts: 2214
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:15 pm

Re: New iPhones

Post by mik » Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:55 am

JLv3.0 wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:50 am
I've never had this issue and can only imagine you lot eject actual earwax from your lugs :D
My phone goes in my pockets. There can be fluff in them thar pockets.

User avatar
JLv3.0
Posts: 4677
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:42 am

Re: New iPhones

Post by JLv3.0 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:57 am

My phone is also regularly placed in pockets. Thankfully the fluff is neither adhesive nor congealing :D

User avatar
Rich B
Posts: 2865
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:22 pm

Re: New iPhones

Post by Rich B » Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:02 pm

JLv3.0 wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:57 am
My phone is also regularly placed in pockets. Thankfully the fluff is neither adhesive nor congealing :D
the pocket fluff is different out there.

Nathan
Posts: 494
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:08 pm

Re: New iPhones

Post by Nathan » Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:26 pm

ste wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:47 am
Nathan wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:40 am
ste wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:17 am


I'm not with Vodafone, what's the process?
You can stick a Vodafone contract or PAYG sim in it, make a call, take it out again if you like and request a free unlock code 30 days later
AH Ok, I'd like it for next weekend ideally though. How much?
£160 inc del with new cable. Can chuck in an old charger

Screen is unmarked, protector fitted since new

User avatar
ste
Posts: 877
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:16 pm

Re: New iPhones

Post by ste » Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:44 pm

Cheers, may take you up on that, just trying to work out how I can unlock it...

User avatar
Richard
Posts: 778
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:03 pm

Re: New iPhones

Post by Richard » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:31 pm

Are we all exceptionally excited about the Apple September Event? New iPhones, watches and other things? Perhaps news about Apple Card moving to new countries?

It’s going to be streamed on YouTube for the first time ever, which is probably a good thing.

6pm


User avatar
DeskJockey
Posts: 835
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:58 am

Re: New iPhones

Post by DeskJockey » Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:46 pm

No. We're not.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away

User avatar
JLv3.0
Posts: 4677
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:42 am

Re: New iPhones

Post by JLv3.0 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:52 pm

Richard wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:31 pm
Are we all exceptionally excited about the Apple September Event?
I'm not, because I'm not a moron.

User avatar
Matty
Posts: 564
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:50 pm
Currently Driving: 2010 Evora N/A
2005 VW Bora

Re: New iPhones

Post by Matty » Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:52 pm

I'm sure they're be world-changing, revolutionary devices for reasonable, affordable money.

User avatar
Mito Man
Posts: 2387
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:27 pm

Re: New iPhones

Post by Mito Man » Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:52 pm

You know what I want, an iPhone which is almost the same as my current iPhone but has 5% more battery life, another camera for teh lols and a slightly faster processor. On top of this I want to be able to place the AirPods which I don’t have on my phone to recharge them thus negating any battery life improvements.
How about not having a sig at all?

User avatar
JLv3.0
Posts: 4677
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:42 am

Re: New iPhones

Post by JLv3.0 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:55 pm

Do real people even care about phones any more? We've discussed this before but we're "there" now, aren't we? Beyond more battery life I don't want any more features, and tbh the battery life of my S8+ of from-waking-up-to-going-to-bed is fine anyway.

Internet speed is the same - quick enough now, cheers, go improve something else.

Post Reply