eBay 996 build thread

User avatar
Coaster1
Posts: 1164
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:38 pm

Re: eBay 996 build thread

Post by Coaster1 »

Double Grrrrrrr :|

User avatar
duncs500
Posts: 1651
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:59 pm

Re: eBay 996 build thread

Post by duncs500 »

When he dropped my current car off he started driving it off with a strop wrapped round the wheel. Started pulling tight and touching the bodywork before he realised there was some resistance and stopped. Thankfully no damage.

User avatar
duncs500
Posts: 1651
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:59 pm

Re: eBay 996 build thread

Post by duncs500 »

Anyway, sorry to hear that Rev, on both counts.

User avatar
Jimmy Choo
Posts: 885
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:43 am

Re: eBay 996 build thread

Post by Jimmy Choo »

NotoriousREV wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:34 pm
Well, it definitely isn’t the oil cooler 😢
Oh fuck....
I identify as a CUNT+.

User avatar
Broccers
Posts: 2135
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:37 pm

Re: eBay 996 build thread

Post by Broccers »

Sorry to read about the mishap! Whats the garage think it is?

User avatar
NotoriousREV
Posts: 6436
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:14 pm

Re: eBay 996 build thread

Post by NotoriousREV »

Broccers wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:40 am
Sorry to read about the mishap! Whats the garage think it is?
Cracked head.
Middle-aged Dirtbag

User avatar
Rich B
Posts: 4518
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:22 pm

Re: eBay 996 build thread

Post by Rich B »

Any left over bits of JB weld? 🤨

User avatar
NotoriousREV
Posts: 6436
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:14 pm

Re: eBay 996 build thread

Post by NotoriousREV »

This isn’t mine, but it’s where they usually go:

Image
Middle-aged Dirtbag

User avatar
Jimmy Choo
Posts: 885
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:43 am

Re: eBay 996 build thread

Post by Jimmy Choo »

Which head has cracked?
I identify as a CUNT+.

User avatar
dinny_g
Posts: 1970
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:31 pm

Re: eBay 996 build thread

Post by dinny_g »

The Transporter Driver's... :D
JLv3.0 wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm
I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.

Nathan
Posts: 735
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:08 pm

Re: eBay 996 build thread

Post by Nathan »

There are rumours they take cars back for major things like this

'..I’ve been told they pay-out on claims under their unofficial ‘warranty’ for about 3 months'

http://cardealermagazine.co.uk/forum/to ... e-reading/

User avatar
NotoriousREV
Posts: 6436
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:14 pm

Re: eBay 996 build thread

Post by NotoriousREV »

Nathan wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:13 am
There are rumours they take cars back for major things like this

'..I’ve been told they pay-out on claims under their unofficial ‘warranty’ for about 3 months'

http://cardealermagazine.co.uk/forum/to ... e-reading/
I've emailed them with pics. I don't really want to hand the car back, I'd be happier with a contribution towards repairs. Let's see what happens.
Middle-aged Dirtbag

User avatar
Maurice
Posts: 290
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:19 pm

Re: eBay 996 build thread

Post by Maurice »

I’m conscious this won’t help, but...





















Car Transportatiown3d.

In all seriousness, I hope your luck changes and it gets sorted quickly (and cheaply).

User avatar
Orange Cola
Posts: 2172
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:56 pm

Re: eBay 996 build thread

Post by Orange Cola »

NotoriousREV wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:49 am
Nathan wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:13 am
There are rumours they take cars back for major things like this

'..I’ve been told they pay-out on claims under their unofficial ‘warranty’ for about 3 months'

http://cardealermagazine.co.uk/forum/to ... e-reading/
I've emailed them with pics. I don't really want to hand the car back, I'd be happier with a contribution towards repairs. Let's see what happens.
Sounds like you’ve got fixing it in mind rather than jumping to a V8. Is that because you’re enjoying the 6cyl engine more then you thought or is it just not broken enough to justify the swap yet?
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace

User avatar
NotoriousREV
Posts: 6436
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:14 pm

Re: eBay 996 build thread

Post by NotoriousREV »

Middle-aged Dirtbag

User avatar
NotoriousREV
Posts: 6436
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:14 pm

Re: eBay 996 build thread

Post by NotoriousREV »

Orange Cola wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:18 pm
NotoriousREV wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:49 am
Nathan wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:13 am
There are rumours they take cars back for major things like this

'..I’ve been told they pay-out on claims under their unofficial ‘warranty’ for about 3 months'

http://cardealermagazine.co.uk/forum/to ... e-reading/
I've emailed them with pics. I don't really want to hand the car back, I'd be happier with a contribution towards repairs. Let's see what happens.
Sounds like you’ve got fixing it in mind rather than jumping to a V8. Is that because you’re enjoying the 6cyl engine more then you thought or is it just not broken enough to justify the swap yet?
Not broken enough and the V8 swap is very expensive. I’d love to do it one day, but probably when I have an income.
Middle-aged Dirtbag

User avatar
Explosive Newt
Posts: 346
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:33 pm

Re: eBay 996 build thread

Post by Explosive Newt »

NotoriousREV wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:07 pm
Balls

So what are you going to do with it? Is the seller buying back?

User avatar
NotoriousREV
Posts: 6436
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:14 pm

Re: eBay 996 build thread

Post by NotoriousREV »

Explosive Newt wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:21 pm
NotoriousREV wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:07 pm
Balls

So what are you going to do with it? Is the seller buying back?
I’m just going to throw a “new” head on it and carry on.
Middle-aged Dirtbag

User avatar
Simon
Posts: 2395
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:03 pm

Re: eBay 996 build thread

Post by Simon »

Is that the only crack? Can it just be welded then have the welds cleaned up then put it back?

Failing that, how much is a 'new' head (BTW, I think you're right to persevere with this car).
The artist formerly known as _Who_

User avatar
NotoriousREV
Posts: 6436
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:14 pm

Re: eBay 996 build thread

Post by NotoriousREV »

Simon wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:43 pm
Is that the only crack? Can it just be welded then have the welds cleaned up then put it back?

Failing that, how much is a 'new' head (BTW, I think you're right to persevere with this car).
There’s 2 cracks. The large one from the spark plug hole, and a finer one from one of the core plugs.

£700 for a pressure tested, skimmed and cleaned up head. Plus all the labour, obvs, including swapping the valves over and lapped in.
Middle-aged Dirtbag

Post Reply