Your fleet running reports

Foz

Re: Your fleet running reports

Post by Foz »

nuttinnew wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:23 am
Foz wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:18 pm She’s back again this year to defend her title, a 90kg diet and we are hopeful!

How much did you weigh? :shock:
The car not me FFS!!

I don’t even weigh 90kg :lol:
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Oi you make weight 90kg sound like a bad thing :lol:
How about not having a sig at all?
Foz

Post by Foz »

Just checked and I am 78kg actually
Beany

Post by Beany »

Well, thanks to drunken spastics, I need either:
A: New heated mirror glass, or
B: A new complete mirror, depending on how well superglue holds the now rather broken adjustment mechanism in place.

Pissheads - kill them all. We'd not be losing any cures for cancer.
Coaster1

Post by Coaster1 »

Woooowhoooo, one year ownership anniversary today :)

Did 5900 miles in the last twelve months, returned just over 18 mpg.

JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Happy birthday 8-) - that's a really decent amount of usage for a fun car!
Coaster1

Post by Coaster1 »

The first owner did 26k miles in the first 10 months :lol: :shock: :o it’s a late 2005 car; he took it up to 40k in 2009 before selling.

Then another 20k was added in the next 9 years.

66450 miles now.
John

Post by John »

The first owner of my old vx220 took it to over 100k in its first three years :shock:
Coaster1

Post by Coaster1 »

John wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:40 am The first owner of my old vx220 took it to over 100k in its first three years :shock:
:o that’s quite something.
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Decided that it was time to give the 330i a tidy up outside. I last polished and waxed it about 6yrs ago, and it looked great for a couple of years until I took it for an alignment and the garage stuck it through their Swirlmaster6000 automatic car wash. It utterly ruined the job I'd done on it to the extent that even the wife noticed how horrible it looked in bright conditions.

Anyway, I opted for the same 2 stage Meguiars polishing (105 & 205), after claying, and then topped off with some fairly hard Collinite wax I've had for years. I also got new plates as they were looking dated and tatty as well. Had to drill out one screw, and after taking the front plate off the plate holder was only loosely held on with 2 rusty screws. I took that off and after a brief poll decided to leave it off.

Here's the scabby plate holder:

Here's new plate fitted:

And here's an obligatory beading shot:

Ideally I want to get it booked in for a new front bumper as it's been reversed into at some point, as you can see. And it's so stonechipped it's probably only 80% covered in paint!

Still, I don't think it looks too bad for a 122k 13yo family car that rarely gets treated to a wash.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Looks good, Swerv! Did anyone other than me vote in your poll?
Middle-aged Dirtbag
GG.

Post by GG. »

I've heard that detailing your car and posting beading pictures on the internet is strongly correlated with catastrophic engine failure and as a result I will not be bothering*

*definitely nothing to do with being too lazy.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

GG. wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:02 pm I've heard that detailing your car and posting beading pictures on the internet is strongly correlated with catastrophic engine failure and as a result I will not be bothering*

*definitely nothing to do with being too lazy.
I’ve done on 2 cars: my Skyline GTR and my 911. The Skyline blew up too. 😂
Middle-aged Dirtbag
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Mike, get some Meguiars Hybrid Ceramic Wax on top of all that good work. 8-) Cheap as chips, works a treat and a doddle to apply. Just spray it onto the car when wet, towel it off and you're good.
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

NotoriousREV wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:39 pm Looks good, Swerv! Did anyone other than me vote in your poll?
Aye. A few. Almost universally for ditching the holder. I can't see it's purpose really as it's actually got almost the same curvature as the bumper itself. I suppose it makes placement easier. Took me fookin ages to line it up. I need to find a better fixing than the Halfords Velcro - it's utterly crap.

James - noted. I'll see if i can be arsed. It sounds like my sort of easy application. Maybe if I get the bumper sorted and a few other blemishes I might well do.
Coaster1

Post by Coaster1 »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:20 pm Here's new plate fitted:
That looks great.

Can’t find the Roll Call thread, but that’s the Touring isn’t it? M-Sport? The Touring, in that exact colour combo, is probably my favourite E9x, discounting the M3.

You must have had it for a while now, has it been costly to run?

Is there much difference between 330i and 335i? Both are turbocharged ain’t they? Same engine? (Not looking, just curious :) )
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:20 pm

Still, I don't think it looks too bad for a 122k 13yo family car that rarely gets treated to a wash.

8-)
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Coaster1 wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:36 pm
Swervin_Mervin wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:20 pm Here's new plate fitted:
That looks great.

Can’t find the Roll Call thread, but that’s the Touring isn’t it? M-Sport? The Touring, in that exact colour combo, is probably my favourite E9x, discounting the M3.

You must have had it for a while now, has it been costly to run?

Is there much difference between 330i and 335i? Both are turbocharged ain’t they? Same engine? (Not looking, just curious :) )
MSport Kin yes. Had it 6.5yrs now which is nearly twice as long as any other car I've owned :shock: It's been very cheap to run really. Only big job it needed was the water pump last year. I did spend near 2k on refrshing the chassis but that was by choice.

Engine is the last of the normally aspirated straight 6es (I'm ignoring the inferior unreliable N53 that followed). Also the last with hydraulic pas.

I have zero need to change it and still utterly love how it drives - very analogue and with skipfuls of feedback. But I feel I need to get out of it before i end up keeping it forever. If I had the room I'd likely never sell it
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Considering binning our e46 off on eBay as spares / repair.

Needs a maf and a power steering hose as a minimum, plus an Mot, insurance, tax if I want to drive it after the Mot, plus any repairs that throws up, and what for? It might just scrape a grand on a really good day?

Not sure I can be bothered with the effort, got to be worth £300 as it is maybe?
Cheers, Harry
Nic

Post by Nic »

X5 sold, owned for 6 months, 4 new tyres, a suspension air bag, cv joint and sorting the dent in the rear quarter. Sold for £2650 to the first person who viewed.