Your fleet running reports

duncs500

Re: Your fleet running reports

Post by duncs500 »

ste wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 11:49 am I've heard them referred to as '8 spokes'. Dunno if they have a proper name. They seem quite desirable, always at least 1 wanted advert for them on L7C. I have a set that came with the car, think they are 6" front 8" rear. Currently got Ao21r (I think) wets on them.
Don't want to sell them do you? ;) 13s I take it?
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

The little bugger only went and fired straight up.

Very tappy, and the fuel regulator had a bit of a dribble on the first run, but after sitting five minutes and restarting didn't leak any more.

Video from instagram live which YouTube has cropped even more 🙄

Cheers, Harry
ste

Post by ste »

duncs500 wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 12:28 pm
ste wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 11:49 am I've heard them referred to as '8 spokes'. Dunno if they have a proper name. They seem quite desirable, always at least 1 wanted advert for them on L7C. I have a set that came with the car, think they are 6" front 8" rear. Currently got Ao21r (I think) wets on them.
I might do actually. Yeah 13s. It went to paint on them, so will have a think once it comes back.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

scotta wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 11:41 am Firewall on the elise needs some attention. I had a jumper in behind the seats last weekend and it melted a poo bag i had in the pocket it got that hot. Presuming its not going to be a cheap or easy job.
Stop shitting in a bag. HTH.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
mik

Post by mik »

integrale_evo wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 12:30 pm The little bugger only went and fired straight up.

Very tappy
Yay. 8-)

But "a bit tappetty" ? It's like Roy Castle in his heyday Harry. :?
ste

Post by ste »

What's the spec harry? My K is 'tappy' when cold but it's the solid lifters and forged pistons. It quietens once its warm. Is yours still hydraulic tappets? They're probably a bit sticky if its sat that long.
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Yah, still hydraulics, and very mild vvc cams.

I'd imagine they're bone dry, they used to get a bit noisy after sitting a couple of weeks. Will probably take quite a few stop start cycles to get them filled up.

To be fair, the video makes them sound far noisier as it loses a lot of the other basey tones, and has muffled the throttlebodies too.
Cheers, Harry
scotta

Post by scotta »

NotoriousREV wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 1:19 pm
scotta wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 11:41 am Firewall on the elise needs some attention. I had a jumper in behind the seats last weekend and it melted a poo bag i had in the pocket it got that hot. Presuming its not going to be a cheap or easy job.
Stop shitting in a bag. HTH.
When youve gotta go man...
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

ste wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 12:52 pm
duncs500 wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 12:28 pm
I might do actually. Yeah 13s. It went to paint on them, so will have a think once it comes back.
Marvelous, let me know. TBH I only need a scruffy set, but they don't seem to come up very often!
ste

Post by ste »

Theyre new AFAIK, but have blistering on the paint. I understand Caterham had issues with them all doing it. Apparently this set was a set given under warranty to replace another set that did it. So they've hardly been used but need a refurb really.
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

ste wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 5:27 pm Theyre new AFAIK, but have blistering on the paint. I understand Caterham had issues with them all doing it. Apparently this set was a set given under warranty to replace another set that did it. So they've hardly been used but need a refurb really.
Fine with me.:)
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

duncs500 wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 6:23 pm
ste wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 5:27 pm Theyre new AFAIK, but have blistering on the paint. I understand Caterham had issues with them all doing it. Apparently this set was a set given under warranty to replace another set that did it. So they've hardly been used but need a refurb really.
Fine with me.:)
once it’s got wheels you’ll be able to drive it Duncs!
hoyleyboyley

Post by hoyleyboyley »

Clio 182 in for MOT - failed failed on emissions, so a sports cat was the obvious choice to replace. 8-)

fitted and a pass 8-)

I'd squirreled the car away at my folks for a few months over winter in their garage while I didn't need to use it, and after driving it for a few odd days I am head over heels with it again, it reminds me of old skool proper hot hatches and very much of Unzippys mk1 golfs, but with A/C. :D

It pulls decently and sounds great with the sports cat on, not sure if it's any better performance wise but it's bloody good fun.
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

As the Elise hasn't moved much, it had a good run today with the stunning weather. They really are awesome cars.

However, I think the rear caliper is sticking...it doesn't roll as well as it should, like there's friction. Pushing the car I can hear a slight groaning from the O/S rear. Rear calipers (both sides) feel warm after a good 30 mile run, so possibly both sides. Due a full B service this week so fingers crossed it's an easy fix.

Once the service is done it'll be up for sale....so if anyone is interested, there will be an OV9 friends and family discount.
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Land Rover, Peugeot 406 replica

Post by Sundayjumper »

From experience, once a caliper starts sticking, the only real cure is a rebuild. You can free it up a bit but it'll never be 100%.

Weekend update - I'm just about to set to on the Porsche, target is to fit back boxes and X74 springs by tomorrow lunchtime. Wish me luck...
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Land Rover, Peugeot 406 replica

Post by Sundayjumper »

Weekend update - both backboxes off. Two broken bolts, and one bracket that has been bodged by a previous owner / mechanic :roll:

I can get it all back together today, but it'll mean putting the bodge back in place. It's that, or wait until next week for a new bracket. Stupid Bank Holidays.

The car is generally looking pretty tired under there. I think it'll need a proper suspension refresh as soon as I have the time (and a nice big workshop...)

IMG_6915.jpg
IMG_6915.jpg (88.33 KiB) Viewed 3145 times
GG.

Post by GG. »

Halfway to firey death :D plus a little over 6k in my ownership.

Driving around the Cotswolds was glorious this afternoon. Great to get an opportunity to drive it how it was meant to be driven without having to get up at 6am!
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Today's task was to get the engine and gearbox out of the brm.

Gearbox was a bit of a pain, I couldn't get the driveshafts out of the gearbox, they just wanted to split at the inner cv, so I did the shafts at the hub end and pulled the box out with them still intact and slid it out underneath. Taking them out later on revealed that thankfully it is still a proper torsen type b diff.

Next the engine, I jacked the car as high as possible, put a jack and blocks under the engine, then lowered the car down. This got the engine about 3/4 above the front slam panel, but was still too heavy for me to get out on my own.

A friendly neighbour came round and with a bit of pole and some rope we were up and out. 😎
Cheers, Harry
mik

Post by mik »

integrale_evo wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 9:53 pm A friendly neighbour came round and with a bit of pole and some rope. 😎
Jimmy?
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

mik wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 10:27 pm
integrale_evo wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 9:53 pm A friendly neighbour came round and with a bit of pole and some rope. 😎
Jimmy?
Choo or Savile?
Middle-aged Dirtbag