The Watches Thread

Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Re: The Watches Thread

Post by Rich B »

JLv3.0 wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:41 pm Mate this really isn't the thread for you, is it :lol:
You do know that posting a daily mash link doesn’t mean I 100% agree with its story?!!!😂

In all seriousness, Yes, i don’t get the point of expensive watches, but that doesn’t mean I’m not enjoying learning about them.
mik

Post by mik »

John wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:37 pm There's another sale on at Christopher Ward at the moment, 15% off the Trident collection. I do like the bronze version.

Offer endeth tonight I believe
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

I really like JL's IWC 8-)

I posted on the old forum that I tried to buy a Citizen BL5250-2 from a jewler whilst they were digging around for a battery to fit my Jorg Gray, turned out it was another customers watch they'd put in the cabinet and it wasn't actually for sale, so how dare I ask how much it was :roll:

I found some online, turned out they're fairly old stock having been disconintued some ten years ago now but they're at great prices. I didn't do anything further as the other half suggested it could be a birthday present. Checking again earlier on today and virtually everywhere has sold out now, there's a few dodgy places left which give me virtually no confidence. Out of that lot there's a chain with one watch left, they're not the cheapest I've seen (serves me right for not buying earlier) and they're supposed to be giving me a call tomorrow about it. Having read the reviews I'd rather deal with them in one of their shops than go through their internet site so I've got somewhere I can go back to if needed.
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
mik

Post by mik »

I like everything about JL’s IWC. 8-)

Except the pricetag. :(
mik

Post by mik »

Anyone fancy a 5m old (slightly akwardly named) Alpina Alpiner4 auto? I think this is bl00dy lovely with the blue sunburst dial, but cant justify it to myself at the mo. Selling on the Chris Ward forum. Seller is based in the US but is a known and trusted forum user. He is looking for £485 including shipping costs - quite a saving over list! (Somewhere around £1150)

Full spec here
Gavin
Currently Driving: Skoda Superb, R56 Cooper S

Post by Gavin »

mik wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:25 pm Anyone fancy a 5m old (slightly akwardly named) Alpina Alpiner4 auto? I think this is bl00dy lovely with the blue sunburst dial, but cant justify it to myself at the mo. Selling on the Chris Ward forum. Seller is based in the US but is a known and trusted forum user. He is looking for £485 including shipping costs - quite a saving over list! (Somewhere around £1150)

Full spec here
Having 100M and 330Ft is a tep too far, like Cavalier GLS CDX Turbo 16V Injection Twin Cam
mik

Post by mik »

That doesnt bother me tbh. Other than the fact 100m is 328ft.
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

So I found a place which confirmed they had a Citizen in stock and places the order immediately, I got an email a few hours later saying they were in fact sold out and would be issuing a refund.

Sigh.

The only place left is Bigtime UK, I can't find any reviews of their website so I'm not confident they're genuine. Anyone on here had experience of them? Other than that I'm out of options for people in the UK.
Alex_

Post by Alex_ »

Which Citizen is it? I bought many watches from abroad and never had a problem.
M235i
PreacherCain

Post by PreacherCain »

Creation watches are also jolly good.
DaveE

Post by DaveE »

Well I wasn't expecting Xiaomi to come out with an automatic watch!

https://img.staticbg.com/images/oauploa ... a109bd.jpg
Last edited by DaveE on Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DaveE

Post by DaveE »

Well I wasn't expecting Xiaomi to come out with an automatic watch!

Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

Alex_ wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:26 am Which Citizen is it? I bought many watches from abroad and never had a problem.
It's a BL5250-2 so quite old now. I've found someone in New York via eBay with excellent feedback and several sales of the watch in the last twelve months all with positive reviews, who's just confirmed it's been posted, so fingers crossed!
Richard

Post by Richard »

I keep looking at Bell & Ross
davecG60

Post by davecG60 »

Does nobody on here have cheap watches? The most I've spent is £300 and that was with Mr Tesco and his tokens :D

I still would love a pricey watch but love the cheap stuff too.

I'll post some pix up of the SO EXCITING collection when I've finished this assignment :evil:
Cockwobble
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

For the cheapo's, I mostly wear this.

I also have a Tag Monaco which I now rarely wear.

I recently sold a late 60's early 70's Manuel Movement Omega Geneve Dynamic. Lovely thing but I couldn't get a strap big enough.

Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Rich B wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:46 am I’m not fussed about expensive watches (not saying anyone else is wrong for liking them), I don’t really get the point of a watch that costs thousands and have no interest in what movement they have. I quite like russian and military style watches and I currently have Vostok Europe Anchar (that I like but just annoys me because it dies if I don’t wear it for a day or so (kinetic)).

So I bought a cheap quartz watch for daily wear the other day that I’m waiting for. This time German pilot style. Astroavia N57s.

about £80
John

Post by John »

Carlos wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:46 pm
I recently sold a late 60's early 70's Manuel Movement Omega Geneve Dynamic. Lovely thing but I couldn't get a strap big enough.

I've got similar, had it years and I think paid around £200 for it. I can't remember the last time I wore it though.

A cheaper watch I wear quite often is this Seiko The Great Blue. This was also a used buy for around £50. Slightly blurred photo.

And the one that gets the most wear is this Seiko orange "Monster", £120 ish

mik

Post by mik »

John wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:19 pm As I posted on the last forum I recently bought a Rolex BLNR after being on the waiting list for almost a year. I was actually on the waiting lists of two Rolex dealers and a couple of weeks after buying my watch the second dealer phoned me and well you can guess where this is going.

A friend also wanted one so I offered it him at list (silly boy) and he turned me down :shock: so I sold it to a grey dealer for a nice but not excessive profit. I know people frown on this but I'm pretty certain if I hadn't bought it someone else would have done the same.
Alex/John.

Remember not to get them serviced!

CLICks
John

Post by John »

mik wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 8:29 am
Alex/John.

Remember not to get them serviced!

CLICks
Look at the stretch in the bracelet, I'll have to revise my offer :lol: