Today’s want

User avatar
Explosive Newt
Posts: 2159
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:33 pm

Re: Today’s want

Post by Explosive Newt »

IanF wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2026 11:16 pm
Can I ask, why a Cayman and not a Boxster? I admit, I’m a tart that loves convertibles but to me it increases the sense of occasion and enjoyment.

Little girl is followed by Monkey, Porter etc and is doing it right, as you did when you were young… time to show the kids that oldies can be cool too! 😎😁
No, it’s a good question. I don’t now have a garage (nor then) and with my 987 it trapped moisture inside and I had to make a lot of use of water absorbing materials etc. I imagine it is probably better on a newer car but when I was first looking I was looking at 987 Cayman and this has followed through.
IanF
Posts: 4075
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:58 pm

Re: Today’s want

Post by IanF »

Cheers,

Ian
User avatar
Sundayjumper
Posts: 8434
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:04 pm

Re: Today’s want

Post by Sundayjumper »

I was just wondering what a 996 with Aerokit is worth these days. £20k. Nice interior.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/128106353240

At least it’s an auto 👍
User avatar
DeskJockey
Posts: 6549
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:58 am

Re: Today’s want

Post by DeskJockey »

Sundayjumper wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2026 6:32 pm I was just wondering what a 996 with Aerokit is worth these days. £20k. Nice interior.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/128106353240

At least it’s an auto 👍
It is a Triptronic (sic) and a GT3. That's a bargain!
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
User avatar
ZedLeg
Posts: 8280
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:19 pm

Re: Today’s want

Post by ZedLeg »

I usually like a tan interior but that is bogging
An absolute unit
User avatar
Jobbo
Posts: 13455
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:20 pm

Re: Today’s want

Post by Jobbo »

ZedLeg wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2026 7:10 am I usually like a tan interior but that is bogging
Yes, even I’m out for that one. Baby diarrhoea.
IanF
Posts: 4075
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:58 pm

Re: Today’s want

Post by IanF »

Cheers,

Ian
User avatar
MikeHunt
Posts: 1168
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:34 am

Re: Today’s want

Post by MikeHunt »

A late-model V8 BMW 7 Series tuned to 700 bhp would make a pretty decent stablemate for my Z4.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-detail ... 8185195545
IanF
Posts: 4075
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:58 pm

Re: Today’s want

Post by IanF »

Cheers,

Ian
speedingfine
Posts: 2847
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:05 pm

Re: Today’s want

Post by speedingfine »

MikeHunt wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2026 4:56 pm A late-model V8 BMW 7 Series tuned to 700 bhp would make a pretty decent stablemate for my Z4.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-detail ... 8185195545
That looks a tonne (ok two tonnes) of fun. What's a 'live cockpit professional' though?
Could you really live with a single temp for your and your passenger in 2026?
speedingfine
Posts: 2847
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:05 pm

Re: Today’s want

Post by speedingfine »

Could you really live with a single temp for your and your passenger in 2026?
User avatar
DeskJockey
Posts: 6549
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:58 am

Re: Today’s want

Post by DeskJockey »

At what point does a restomod become a new car that just happens to look a bit like something older? Reading the blurb there's pretty much nothing of the original car left in any meaningful way.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
User avatar
Simon
Posts: 5839
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:03 pm

Re: Today’s want

Post by Simon »

Noice.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
User avatar
Beany
Posts: 8669
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:27 pm

Re: Today’s want

Post by Beany »

It feels like someone looked at the NSX and took all the wrong lessons from it.
User avatar
Mito Man
Posts: 13223
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:27 pm

Re: Today’s want

Post by Mito Man »

For me the whole appeal of the NSX is to have the car as Senna experienced it. If it weren’t for that connection I’d have almost no interest in it at all.
How about not having a sig at all?
User avatar
John
Posts: 1788
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:31 pm

Re: Today’s want

Post by John »

User avatar
dinny_g
Posts: 7336
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:31 pm

Re: Today’s want

Post by dinny_g »

Mito Man wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2026 10:18 pm For me the whole appeal of the NSX is to have the car as Senna experienced it. If it weren’t for that connection I’d have almost no interest in it at all.
Correct...
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
User avatar
JonMad
Posts: 3160
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:25 pm
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti

Re: Today’s want

Post by JonMad »

I'm sat at the Suzuki garage getting the Swift serviced (having now owned is 6 years almost to the day) so today I fancy this oddity. 2.4 petrol, AWD, CVT, so completely wrong on all levels I know, and you may not have even heard of it, or seen one
https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-detail ... 8245373414

Image
https://www.parkers.co.uk/suzuki/kizashi/review/
Left over crest; tightens.
User avatar
MikeHunt
Posts: 1168
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:34 am

Re: Today’s want

Post by MikeHunt »

Frustratingly, Motorway are unable to value my kidney or first born.
User avatar
Jimexpl
Posts: 769
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:30 pm

Re: Today’s want

Post by Jimexpl »

John wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2026 8:57 am Oh yes! 8-)

Image

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1984-fiat-131/
That looks great. My Dad had a 2.0 Sport from new before I was born (as a company car), which he liked, but it was bought back by the dealer after 12 months because of how much rust was coming through already - I'm always impressed that there's enough of one left to restore these days!
Post Reply