Jeffrey Archer
Re: Jeffrey Archer
RIP Archole.
So many tall stories. Even this damning article from the Guardian 25 years ago refers to him being at Oxford: https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2001/jul ... s.archer11 - but he actually did a one year teacher training diploma rather than studying for a degree at the university.
The Telegraph used to be an excellent paper, as this article from 1998 demonstrates: https://archive.is/20130114071427/http: ... e-top.html
Going back further, apparently he destroyed Monica Coghlan's life after getting caught with her:

So many tall stories. Even this damning article from the Guardian 25 years ago refers to him being at Oxford: https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2001/jul ... s.archer11 - but he actually did a one year teacher training diploma rather than studying for a degree at the university.
The Telegraph used to be an excellent paper, as this article from 1998 demonstrates: https://archive.is/20130114071427/http: ... e-top.html
Going back further, apparently he destroyed Monica Coghlan's life after getting caught with her:
Re: Jeffrey Archer
I really should have added a link to this BBC article when he went to prison:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/1447880.stm
I hadn't realised that after serving his sentence he was elevated to the House of Lords. If that's not an argument for reform I don't know what is.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/1447880.stm
I hadn't realised that after serving his sentence he was elevated to the House of Lords. If that's not an argument for reform I don't know what is.
-
speedingfine
- Posts: 2845
- Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:05 pm
Re: Jeffrey Archer
I had a sensible chuckle when Gyles Brandreth described him as an 'excellent storyteller' on the radio this morning.
Could you really live with a single temp for your and your passenger in 2026?
Re: Jeffrey Archer
Given he did jail time, one assumes the judge wasn't a fan of his storytelling, regardless of Mr Brandreths opinions on the matter.
Re: Jeffrey Archer
My BBC News link has died - I assume they haven't pulled it and it's just because people want to read something other than the fawning, polite obits.
Fortunately this Substack from today covers his antics in more detail: https://brokenbottleboy.substack.com/p/ ... rey-archer
Fortunately this Substack from today covers his antics in more detail: https://brokenbottleboy.substack.com/p/ ... rey-archer