Car insurance
- DeskJockey
- Posts: 6547
- Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:58 am
Re: Car insurance
There's £20 in it between the Zoe and the Galaxy. Seven years difference in age, different mileage limits, and the Zoe being worth about double the Galaxy.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Re: Car insurance
Interesting - google tells me that EVs are typically still 10-25% more expensive to insure but the gap is closing. Obviously this is all averages.
Re: Car insurance
Yeti renewal with Aviva is up 20% compared to last year, Meerkat suggests Nutshell, for 50% of the Aviva cost. I think (aka ChatGPT confidently claims) they are a brand in a much bigger firm, MISL Ltd.
Left over crest; tightens.
- Delphi
- Posts: 1020
- Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:11 am
- Location: Leeds, West Yorkshire
- Currently Driving: 1987 Porsche 928 S4
2025 Skoda Kodiaq SE
Re: Car insurance
So I did insure the 928 with Locktons. £30K agreed value, European breakdown cover, free track day insurance for PCGB events (specifically excluding the Nurburgring), I can drive anyone else's car fully comp with their permission, anyone can drive the 928 fully comp with my permission and strangely it comes with Business use as well.
If you get all wobbly-lipped about the opinion of Internet strangers, maybe it's time to take a bath with the toaster as you'll never amount to sh1t anyway.
- Explosive Newt
- Posts: 2159
- Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:33 pm
Re: Car insurance
Equal fault accident just over 5 years ago, and a no-fault 3 years ago. Maybe having 2 within 5 years? But genuinely _no idea_ why it is so great.Beany wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2026 11:27 pmI'm 44, Leeds/BradfordExplosive Newt wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2026 2:46 pm I’m fairly sure I am getting shafted by NFU mutual and I’m not really sure why.
£174 a month.
From gocompare the median is about £70 with outliers £45 to £140.
I’m 41, been driving since 17. Nothing on driving licence.
No-fault accidents 11 and 3 years ago. At fault 5 years ago (but I had NCB protection). I’m therefore saying I have 10 years+ NCB… is that wrong.. should it be 5 to be conservative?
I will give them a ring on Monday to haggle this and see what damage adding a Cayman will do but it seems hard to justify sticking with them.with a Z4C 3.0si and I'm paying less than half that.
With a fresh write off against my name.
Fuck them off.
Went through a broker who I have access to as part of my income protection, switched to an LV policy for £1100 a year.