Your fleet running reports

User avatar
Beany
Posts: 8652
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:27 pm

Re: Your fleet running reports

Post by Beany »

I've been ill this week, so humping 30kg batteries around wasn't my idea of fun. Have done it now, and now have a lovely 14v steady at idle, and it doesn't go below 13v with lots of extras on (both heated seats on 'ball boiler' setting, headlights, HVAC cracked up, etc) - that previously was dropping it down near 10v

Much happier car. Transport mode cleared, low-voltage/battery swap codes cleared, happy happy.

Was a NAPA AGM battery in there, I think it's about four or five years old, hopefully the Bosch lasts better.
User avatar
Swervin_Mervin
Posts: 5770
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:58 pm

Re: Your fleet running reports

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Beany wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2026 7:17 pm I've been ill this week, so humping 30kg batteries around wasn't my idea of fun. Have done it now, and now have a lovely 14v steady at idle, and it doesn't go below 13v with lots of extras on (both heated seats on 'ball boiler' setting, headlights, HVAC cracked up, etc) - that previously was dropping it down near 10v

Much happier car. Transport mode cleared, low-voltage/battery swap codes cleared, happy happy.

Was a NAPA AGM battery in there, I think it's about four or five years old, hopefully the Bosch lasts better.
Is yours AGM? Would be surprised if it is
User avatar
Beany
Posts: 8652
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:27 pm

Re: Your fleet running reports

Post by Beany »

Not from factory, but the NAPA one that was in it was, and the one I've put in is - they tend to suffer short runs and light use a bit better (less, but not no, sulphate build up) and there's no reason to not use one from a technical perspective, if you can get it at a reasonable price for a decent one.

Well, not that I could find out anyway!
Post Reply