For the FTAO of JL

User avatar
Jobbo
Posts: 13427
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:20 pm

Re: For the FTAO of JL

Post by Jobbo »

OLIO JUG or OLIO CAN too. OLIO HOT but that’s £499.
User avatar
jamcg
Posts: 5948
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:41 pm

Re: For the FTAO of JL

Post by jamcg »

integrale_evo wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2026 8:44 pm I saw a car with an OL10 *** reg, which as my ‘sud has an OLIO cap for the engine oil, and the Mito has the dials in Italian, I now quite fancy an OL10 reg for the Mito 😅

No idea what three letters to get, plenty of choice for £250 on the dvla site. Yes I know there’s probably more sensible things to spend £250 on…
It has an olio cap you say

https://dvlaregistrations.dvla.gov.uk/b ... &price=250
User avatar
integrale_evo
Posts: 5882
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:58 pm

Re: For the FTAO of JL

Post by integrale_evo »

Well that’s a nice obvious one 😅

I was wondering if there’s a clever Italian 3 letter word that would work and is available.

I can’t actually remember what the mito oil cap says
IMG_0575.jpeg
IMG_0575.jpeg (234.38 KiB) Viewed 2053 times
Cheers, Harry
IanF
Posts: 4063
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:58 pm

Re: For the FTAO of JL

Post by IanF »

NO II TAX on a Jaaaag..

And P15 PAW on a Purosangue
Cheers,

Ian
User avatar
Sundayjumper
Posts: 8417
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:04 pm

Re: For the FTAO of JL

Post by Sundayjumper »

IMG_0037.jpeg
IMG_0037.jpeg (144.97 KiB) Viewed 439 times

I think this is the first F10 M5 I’ve seen on the road since buying my one. Looked like a shit plastidip paint job.
IanF
Posts: 4063
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:58 pm

Re: For the FTAO of JL

Post by IanF »

M&S or Tesco? 😁
Cheers,

Ian
User avatar
Sundayjumper
Posts: 8417
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:04 pm

Re: For the FTAO of JL

Post by Sundayjumper »

Right by there, yes 🤣 but I was just passing by on my way into Camberley.
User avatar
Sundayjumper
Posts: 8417
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:04 pm

Re: For the FTAO of JL

Post by Sundayjumper »

Incidentally, that big fancy showroom that used to be Audi is now mostly given over to Chery SUVs.
User avatar
Beany
Posts: 8645
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:27 pm

Re: For the FTAO of JL

Post by Beany »

Sundayjumper wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2026 12:08 pm I think this is the first F10 M5 I’ve seen on the road since buying my one. Looked like a shit plastidip paint job.
Are you sure it wasn't a factory 'frosted' finish?

Which also looks shite, frankly, and I have no idea why anyone would want one given they're a fucker to repair, too.
User avatar
Sundayjumper
Posts: 8417
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:04 pm

Re: For the FTAO of JL

Post by Sundayjumper »

Beany wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2026 2:07 pm Are you sure it wasn't a factory 'frosted' finish?
I said what I said. I never said it wasn’t factory ;)

It looks very similar to the finish you see on shite campers & pickups by the “one life live it” crowd.

Or the Batmobile I spotted the other day.

And you’re right, I imagine it’s nigh impossible to match if you ever need to repair.
User avatar
Beany
Posts: 8645
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:27 pm

Re: For the FTAO of JL

Post by Beany »

I can't think of the last time I saw one with that finish, probably because everyone realised that after the first week of looking different, it was fucking moronic and a nightmare to keep looking presentable in the real world.

Catch a door on the wall as you leave the drive? No polishing that out or a £75 visit from a chipsaway mobile bloke, last I heard it's a full panel respray by BMW approved bodyshop specialising in the finish.
IanF
Posts: 4063
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:58 pm

Re: For the FTAO of JL

Post by IanF »

Sundayjumper wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2026 1:13 pm Incidentally, that big fancy showroom that used to be Audi is now mostly given over to Chery SUVs.
Interesting… a post came up on Instagram recently and it was all very high end

ETA- it was pic 2, but they do mention the Chery link up

Cheers,

Ian
User avatar
Sundayjumper
Posts: 8417
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:04 pm

Re: For the FTAO of JL

Post by Sundayjumper »

IanF wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2026 4:28 pm Interesting… a post came up on Instagram recently and it was all very high end

ETA- it was pic 2, but they do mention the Chery link up
It's always been very high end stuff. The company was incorporated in 2019 by a then 23-yo Chinese national.

https://find-and-update.company-informa ... 8/officers

I had assumed it was some kind of slightly sketchy tax scheme. Unless of course I've missed something and there's actually a lot of 23 year olds setting up as the sole director of a business that immediately holds tens (maybe hundreds) of millions of pounds' worth of stock.

When I passed this morning, the high end stuff was crammed down one end and all the rest was Chery.
IanF
Posts: 4063
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:58 pm

Re: For the FTAO of JL

Post by IanF »

JL adjacent.. I daren't go look at my car now!


Cheers,

Ian
User avatar
dinny_g
Posts: 7304
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:31 pm

Re: For the FTAO of JL

Post by dinny_g »

That's terrible...
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
User avatar
Sundayjumper
Posts: 8417
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:04 pm

Re: For the FTAO of JL

Post by Sundayjumper »

I’ve had multiple cars like that. Multiple cars with multiple holes where successive dealers have done that repeatedly.

However, “Premium Plate Hangers” ? GTF. Sticky pads FTW.
User avatar
integrale_evo
Posts: 5882
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:58 pm

Re: For the FTAO of JL

Post by integrale_evo »

“This Volvo came to us with factory OEM number plate mounting points already built into the boot lid. They exist for one reason... to mount the number plate without damaging the vehicle.”

I mean, there are ways to fix holes in metal…..

Yeah it’s shit, but just dab some paint over the bare metal and get on with your life?

Unless you’re a weirdo who likes fitting smaller numberplates.

You would think a dealer would have a jig matching the mounting points, there’s really no reason to be that sloppy. Just obviously someone who doesn’t care about their job.
Cheers, Harry
Post Reply