Bicyclist thread

a7x88

Re: Bicyclist thread

Post by a7x88 »

Ah i won't be there today - kids stuff already arranged. Will be there for a quick lap of the blue tomorrow though
JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Post by JonMad »

Is this starting from The Look Out? Are there rides you can do on a road bike (and kids’ little bike)? Need to get our daughter riding her bike a bit more, and get her on a bigger one than the tiny thing she insists she can still ride - the one she first rode on after a balance bike.
Left over crest; tightens.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

JonMad wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:56 am Is this starting from The Look Out? Are there rides you can do on a road bike (and kids’ little bike)? Need to get our daughter riding her bike a bit more, and get her on a bigger one than the tiny thing she insists she can still ride - the one she first rode on after a balance bike.
its all off road there - plenty of big wide fire roads which are fine for an average bike, but not really suitable for an actual road bike (depending on what you mean by a road bike).
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Put my road tyres back on my Rockhopper recently - can bloody fly again but could definitely do with a few
Larger gears... :|
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Got my wife a bike last week. An Orla Kiely women’s bike in duck egg. Orla Kiely went bust the day after I picked it up 😄

It’s great - was down to £200, made of aluminium, has 8-sp Shimano rear hub gears and a built-in stand. Compared to the Pashley and Pendleton it’s higher spec but RRP was a little cheaper; but as a run-out model it was a bargain.
drcarlos

Post by drcarlos »

Bought my mrs a cube wls race 29er last year. She likes a bit of fire road riding, we went for several rides over the forest over the summer.

Gave swinley a swerve this morning as it started to rain. I just went for a quick 10 miles over the forest.

Ordered the last bits to convert my fs trail bike to 1x11 too, might order a larger disc and brake spacer too.

Carl
JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Post by JonMad »

Rich B wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:20 pm
JonMad wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:56 am Is this starting from The Look Out? Are there rides you can do on a road bike (and kids’ little bike)? Need to get our daughter riding her bike a bit more, and get her on a bigger one than the tiny thing she insists she can still ride - the one she first rode on after a balance bike.
its all off road there - plenty of big wide fire roads which are fine for an average bike, but not really suitable for an actual road bike (depending on what you mean by a road bike).
Cheers. It’s a Specialized Sirrus Sport hybrid on thin tyres. Yeah, my generic ‘road bike’ description probably didn’t help at all :)
Left over crest; tightens.
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

JonMad wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:53 pm
Rich B wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:20 pm
Cheers. It’s a Specialized Sirrus Sport hybrid on thin tyres. Yeah, my generic ‘road bike’ description probably didn’t help at all :)
Youll be fine for the main paths, though maybe pick a dry day! The trails may be pushing your luck though!
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

I wrote a big reply but lost it.

Specialized Camber, Lycra, cycle lots, torch fetish, fat bastard etc etc

Dave!
IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

Rich, have you used the trail from LVS to Swinley? I was looking at it on google maps and it seems to connect up.
Cheers,

Ian
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

IanF wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:01 am Rich, have you used the trail from LVS to Swinley? I was looking at it on google maps and it seems to connect up.
ive not seen that, I’m trying to work out the run - there’s a fair few “obstacles” to cross?
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

Going to look at this

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Focus-Wasgo- ... 3446674495

tonight for £190 to do the 6 mile round trip to work. Looks a heavy bike so should be good exercise :mrgreen:
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

8-) No one's laughed, sanity check passed
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

At least ditch the bloody kickstand mate 😂
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

Is a MIPS helmet worth it or is it marketing guff? Cheers gents.
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

speedingfine wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:38 am Is a MIPS helmet worth it or is it marketing guff? Cheers gents.
My full face helmet is MIPS, (Fox Proframe) I’m not really willing to test it for you though.
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

speedingfine wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:38 am Is a MIPS helmet worth it or is it marketing guff? Cheers gents.
I looked into this and it seems to make perfect sense to me, so got a MIPS helmet after cracking the previous one. Can't hurt, can it.
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

Ah, Dinny's PM'd and said he's happy to test (he's just got to remember to take the head wand off first)
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

Cheers JL
Gwaredd

Post by Gwaredd »

A guy who rode with us bought this, did about 90 miles on it & then died from cancer.

I really want it, but don't want to haggle with his wife over the price as I'd feel a right cunt.
Cheers.

Gwaredd