The Motorbikerist Thread

Barry

Re: The Motorbikerist Thread

Post by Barry »

I have heated gloves, not bothered about grips. Cruise was strangely fun and I reckon useful on those boring slogs back from Portsmouth/Scotland.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

I don’t use the cruise on my KTM at all. It does some weird things I don’t like such as suddenly and sharply turning itself off or not setting until I’ve stabbed the button a few times. I should probably RTFM but I don’t like it.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
tim

Post by tim »

Well I'm home again. Exactly 2,000 miles after I left 10 days ago. That was a *lot* of fun. I'm reminded again how lovely Reims is (and only 2 hours from Calais if you want to take the boring autoroute). Some kind of Belgian supercar trip were staying at my hotel

2x GT2 RS
3x Ferrari F488
2x Audi R8
Huracan
Half a dozen AMG GT Mercs

Sadly they were not hard to spot in the hotel bar, but there you go.

Pics on twitter as before.
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

JLv3.0 wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:08 pm Finally got around to servicing the Yamaha, ready for it to be my daily when the summer finally fucks off. Haven't done any tinkering for months, forgot how much I enjoyed it! New oil and filter, changed the shaft oil, new front pads and new coolant.

Tomorrow it's rear pads, plugs, air filter, check the spokes and balance the throttle bodies, then a lube of the pedals and levers and a general tighten and check, and we done.
And now the airbox temp sensor has been refitted, having taken the side panels off and lifted the tank through gritted teeth, it's now actually done :lol: - good fortune tbh, the idiot mechanic (me) had forgotten to tighten the bands around the airbox intakes into the throttle bodies.

Anyway - all ready for another year (well, 7 months or so) of daily grind 8-) Incredibly satisfying getting a bike all buttoned up and tickety boo after a service :D
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Mother of God - this has to be the most reckless and fkn selfish riding I've ever seen, 1.21 suggests he's running from the cops:

Barry

Post by Barry »

Saw this guy a few weeks ago and yes, total dick. This vid is also why I can't own an MT10, they make you behave like this.. Plus they have shit fuel range/mpg, which may be related to the above.
Simon

Post by Simon »

JLv3.0 wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:06 pm Mother of God - this has to be the most reckless and fkn selfish riding I've ever seen, 1.21 suggests he's running from the cops:

Oh look, an organ donor in a rush to make his donation.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
mik

Post by mik »

Just a matter of time..... but it will undoubtedly be a serious one. :?
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

His choice I guess, less so the no-doubt plural people he will take with him. What a cunt.
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

A Lithuanian superbike gang were about yesterday evening. Oddly appeared to be middle aged men on super bikes, the odd fluffy tank cover, lights in the wheels trying to look like a Tron re-enactment team.

I was hoping for wheelies and stop pies galore but I just got a lot of straight line work and slow roundabout navigation.

Dave!
tim

Post by tim »

What's with his weird way of holding the left hand bar? Fvcking mental.
Barry

Post by Barry »

TMF does similar with his right hand, drives me mad. His hand is half off the throttle in most of his vids. I think he's so used to his GS his muscle memory kicks in, freak of nature.

And as if by magic, his latest vid has him doing it again.. 5minutes in. <argh>

JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

He seems like a nice enough guy but his vids leave me cold for some reason, not sure why.

44Teeth and BvG remain favourites, particularly 44T right now as it features plenty of James.

That sentence will only make sense to some :lol:
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

tim wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:36 am What's with his weird way of holding the left hand bar? Fvcking mental.
Looks like an MX style of riding, very light on the bars to stop twanging your wrists off the kickback. We should all be riding with fingertips rather than gripping it like your todger.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
tim

Post by tim »

His thumb is over the top of the bar... just weird.
240PP
Currently Driving: A5 3.0 TDI, 987 S.

Post by 240PP »

I feel knackered after watching that.
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

JLv3.0 wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:41 am He seems like a nice enough guy but his vids leave me cold for some reason, not sure why.

44Teeth and BvG remain favourites, particularly 44T right now as it features plenty of James.

That sentence will only make sense to some :lol:
The current BBB Italia is excellent, it's crude but just the right side of funny. The Strawberries t-shirt had me in stitches.

Dave!
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

One skin
Two skin
Three skin
Four - hello!!

😂
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

240PP wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:19 pm I feel knackered after watching that.
Me too! He's a cock riding like that.

TBF In June when I was on the Peripherique this is what a lot of bikers seemed like :lol: :lol:
Barry

Post by Barry »

Youtube "Ghostrider" if you want to see mental Peripherique riding :lol: