Your fleet running reports

DeskJockey

Re: Your fleet running reports

Post by DeskJockey »

Explosive Newt wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 1:56 pm
DeskJockey wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 1:53 pm I can help with the wine too! Just had a delivery today!
What is the wine?

Also, where's the autotrader link to SJ's Bentley?
Not opened the boxes yet, my wife ordered, but they're mixed cases plus a couple of extra favourites. Definitely some Malbec.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Land Rover, Peugeot 406 replica

Post by Sundayjumper »

Explosive Newt wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 1:56 pm Also, where's the autotrader link to SJ's Bentley?
It's on ebay:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/296429776509

Slight back story. I bought it for £9k last March , the seller didn't tell me it was Cat N, and I didn't check, so that's partly on me.

It was provisionally sold @ £7500, I changed the front air springs last week and it immediately developed a bad rattling noise from the front suspension that wasn't there before. I don't know what or why. The plan was to pull it all apart this weekend and fix it, but then I bought the RR on Monday and now I'd like it gone quickly. The rattling is really bad, it should be blindingly obvious where the problem is. But it's not.
Explosive Newt

Post by Explosive Newt »

DeskJockey wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 2:03 pm
Explosive Newt wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 1:56 pm
DeskJockey wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 1:53 pm I can help with the wine too! Just had a delivery today!
What is the wine?

Also, where's the autotrader link to SJ's Bentley?
Not opened the boxes yet, my wife ordered, but they're mixed cases plus a couple of extra favourites. Definitely some Malbec.
My case of Lampyres just arrived. I adore their Dens Sens (it's a white grenache and it's lush)
GG.

Post by GG. »

Sundayjumper wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 2:20 pm
Explosive Newt wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 1:56 pm Also, where's the autotrader link to SJ's Bentley?
It's on ebay:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/296429776509

Slight back story. I bought it for £9k last March , the seller didn't tell me it was Cat N, and I didn't check, so that's partly on me.

It was provisionally sold @ £7500, I changed the front air springs last week and it immediately developed a bad rattling noise from the front suspension that wasn't there before. I don't know what or why. The plan was to pull it all apart this weekend and fix it, but then I bought the RR on Monday and now I'd like it gone quickly. The rattling is really bad, it should be blindingly obvious where the problem is. But it's not.
Did you leave it parked like that and go and do your shopping afterwards :lol:

16vCento
Currently Driving: XFS Portfolio
V60 D3 SE
Xantia Activa

Post by 16vCento »

I'm definitely staying off the beer today now :lol:
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

I can do a deal for a forumite ;)
IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

16vCento wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 3:20 pm I'm definitely staying off the beer today now :lol:
😂🤣😂
Cheers,

Ian
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

I was wondering if a metal biscuit tin works as a Faraday cage so I tried it. It seems it does.

Key near car, you touch the door handle, the car unlocks.

Key in tin, even right up against the door handle, touch it, nothing.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Do you get a discount on your car insurance if you use the code ‘Peek Freans’?
mik

Post by mik »

Is a biscuit tin more practical than a faraday cage bag thingydoodah? Do you want to keep your keys safe whilst enjoying a wee chocolate hob nob when you head out in the car?
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

Jobbo wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 10:18 pm Do you get a discount on your car insurance if you use the code ‘Peek Freans’?
Garibaldi, Bourbon, Peek Freans Trotsky Assortment.
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

mik wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 10:42 pm Is a biscuit tin more practical than a faraday cage bag thingydoodah? Do you want to keep your keys safe whilst enjoying a wee chocolate hob nob when you head out in the car?
It was cheaper ! Would a bag be better ? Genuine question. If the bag’s advantage is portability, surely it’s only useful if you’re out & about but also close enough to the car to see someone trying to steal it anyway. Biscuit tin in the kitchen (at the back of the house) seems like it’ll stop a relay attack at home.
mik

Post by mik »

Sundayjumper wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 11:06 pm
mik wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 10:42 pm Is a biscuit tin more practical than a faraday cage bag thingydoodah? Do you want to keep your keys safe whilst enjoying a wee chocolate hob nob when you head out in the car?
It was cheaper ! Would a bag be better ? Genuine question. If the bag’s advantage is portability, surely it’s only useful if you’re out & about but also close enough to the car to see someone trying to steal it anyway. Biscuit tin in the kitchen (at the back of the house) seems like it’ll stop a relay attack at home.
We keep Mrs mik’s etron key in a faraday bag, but it doesn’t leave the house, so maybe you’re right. Maybe it’s an age thing? When I get older, go completely garibaldi and start worrying about the point when I am shortbread, I’ll breakaway to join your club in order to adequately protect her (wagon) wheels.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Sundayjumper wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 10:59 pm
Jobbo wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 10:18 pm Do you get a discount on your car insurance if you use the code ‘Peek Freans’?

It's worth a try, after all, you've got nothing to lose...
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Sundayjumper wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 10:59 pm
We should have made him an honorary member of the forum for appearing more than once at the LJR. Don’t think anyone ever spoke to him though 😄
Beany

Post by Beany »

I have no memory of interacting with him either.

But we regularly had TVs (writer) Richard Porter so that probably made up for it.
John

Post by John »

Sundayjumper wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 11:06 pm
Don't forget the spare key too. I wrapped ours in tin foil :D
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

This is what I’m dealing with. Someone claiming to be be very interested. I did a start up video for them. They have evidently gone over the video with a magnifying glass and said they’ll only offer £5k because it’s rusty here on the top of the door.

f91bf20b-f9d3-430f-a980-55697e166c5f.jpeg
f91bf20b-f9d3-430f-a980-55697e166c5f.jpeg (63.25 KiB) Viewed 223 times

FRO :roll: The cheapest one on AT is £9k.
16vCento
Currently Driving: XFS Portfolio
V60 D3 SE
Xantia Activa

Post by 16vCento »

Isn't that the b pillar finisher, a bolt on part :lol:

I hate the general public, this is half the reason I CBA selling the Jag!
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

THRILLING FUEL CONSUMPTION NEWS

38.0mpg on my drive to work this morning according to the app (yes, there’s an app for that), or 38.2mpg on the OBC in the car.

IMG_1012.jpeg
IMG_1012.jpeg (10.54 KiB) Viewed 187 times