Your fleet running reports

GG.

Re: Your fleet running reports

Post by GG. »

Sundayjumper wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 4:42 pm Thank you :D That plus a pale interior and Panasonic (sic) roof makes it super-airy. It might end up being a greenhouse come summer though.

guessthecar2017rangeroversdv8autobiographyedition2.jpg

Speaking of typos, another car I saw advertised had a cracking one. It didn't have bi-xenon headlights. Oh no. It had......

Bison on headlights

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Should have a retractable blind for the pan roof. Until I saw the interior it was worryingly similar to the one that I had (for two weeks) :lol:
Explosive Newt

Post by Explosive Newt »

Sundayjumper wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 4:06 pm
Sundayjumper wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 12:43 pm I'm behaving myself at the moment and waiting until both are gone before I buy anything new.
Well that didn't last long :lol:

New car game. What kind of silver 2017 Range Rover 4.4 SDV8 Autobiography did I buy today ??
Hope you get it home fast so it can be among even more cars than in the picture.

Excellent, good looking interior too. It should be a terrific place to while away the miles. Let us know how the first drive pans out.
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Land Rover, Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

Explosive Newt wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 5:32 pm Hope you get it home fast so it can be among even more cars than in the picture.

Excellent, good looking interior too. It should be a terrific place to while away the miles. Let us know how the first drive pans out.
Thank you. It ended up being delivered last night. It’s been to Tesco (fuel) & Sainsbury’s (in store Argos for a data SIM) today. It’s reporting 21mpg for that pootling about. Not great but the Bentley would be doing ~10mpg so this is quite an improvement. I tried pitching this to the wife as me being financially prudent but she saw right through it.

Actually it’s interesting to compare to the Bentley. I was slightly surprised that the a-pillars in the RR are just coloured plastic. The Bentley has leather, it’s leather *everywhere*. RR V8 is impressively smooth….. for a diesel. The W12 is just awesome though. The trade off being 2x the fuel consumption of course.

It’ll have a proper run on Thursday, the long drive to work & back. Very much looking forward to the adaptive cruise control & having CarPlay. Just like a Golf !
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

P.S. how’s the Aston shopping going ? ;)
Explosive Newt

Post by Explosive Newt »

Sundayjumper wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 7:34 pm P.S. how’s the Aston shopping going ? ;)
On gentle questioning Mrs Newt informed me that she was violently yet slowly remove my testicles if I remortgaged the house to buy a car so I may need to do a little more saving before I can start browsing autotrader again…
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Sundayjumper wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 7:34 pm Actually it’s interesting to compare to the Bentley. I was slightly surprised that the a-pillars in the RR are just coloured plastic. The Bentley has leather, it’s leather *everywhere*.
Yours is an Autobiography isn’t it? I thought that would mean alcantara headlining and pillars at least. The RRS Autobiography I went in felt nicely plush inside, and I’d always felt an RR is a step up.
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

Headlining yes, pillars no. As I said, I was surprised. Even the Cayenne is fabric to match the headlining, not bare plastic.
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Would it have been an option or part of an extended leather (or similar) package? Does sound a bit stingy given what it would have cost new.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

Jobbo wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 12:24 am …I’d always felt an RR is a step up.
And a Bentley is a step up again ! To vaguely attempt an apples & apples, the current RR starts at £100k. The current Bentayga is £170k, current Spur is £175k.

I am not getting a Bentayga, they’re hideous.
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

DeskJockey wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 7:37 am Would it have been an option or part of an extended leather (or similar) package? Does sound a bit stingy given what it would have cost new.
Quite possibly, I’ve not looked. There’s lots of leather elsewhere and it’s all very lovely. I’m not disappointed with the car !

Another area - inside the door pockets. Leather in the Bentley (and Aston FWIW), flocked in the RR.
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

As the rr is designed to be able to go off road, it’s possibly plastic as it’s a potential touch point when entering or exiting the vehicle with the possibility of having hands covered in horse shit, so anything other than plastic or leather would be ruined- you’d clean your hands once you got sat back down so other controls wouldn’t be damaged but the a pillar would be fucked
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

DeskJockey wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 7:37 am Would it have been an option or part of an extended leather (or similar) package? Does sound a bit stingy given what it would have cost new.
I thought the Autobiography had the full leather as standard. But if the headlining is alcantara and the pillars aren't that's just weird. Porsche charge you extra for the sunvisors to be covered in alcantara (Race Tex as they call it) on top of the cost of the alcantara headlining, but the pillars are always included with the headlining.
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Maybe it is as @jamcg says, a nod to the cars intended purpose.

Edit: or recognition of who normally buys them new, and the extra money that can be extracted from them.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

Headlining is leather. Sun visors are leather on the side you see when they’re up, alcantara on the other side. Secondary visors are alcantara. Dash is leather. Doors are leather top half, plastic lower half. A, B, C, D pillars are plastic.

I’ve no idea if this is standard but honestly, it’s far too late for me to worry over it 🤣
16vCento
Currently Driving: XFS Portfolio
V60 D3 SE
Xantia Activa

Post by 16vCento »

I'm surprised by the plastic pillars and door panels.

My Jag has alcantara/suede pillars and roof lining/sun visors and everywhere else is leather or piano black wood.

Its been a while since I've been in that shape RR so I can't remember if they're all like that, but probably to make sure it's easy to clean, which would make sense.
IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

Feel this is relatable 😁 @Sundayjumper excluded obviously 😉

Cheers,

Ian
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

IanF wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 9:52 am Feel this is relatable 😁 @Sundayjumper excluded obviously 😉

Thats superb! I will be posting that on the work WhatsApp the next time a client whines about a quote being too much!
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

Sort of related but opposite, I'm getting a steady flow of people doing stupid lowball offers on the Bentley "because it has to go to a main dealer for repairs and they're expensive".

Fcuk off. Nobody buys a £5k Bentley and then writes the main dealer a blank cheque to look after it :lol:

(I'm not selling it for £5k, that's what they're offering, and one person tried for £3k)
Explosive Newt

Post by Explosive Newt »

I thought you had planned to sell the Bentley prior to buying the RR?
IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

Explosive Newt wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 11:09 am I thought you had planned to sell the Bentley prior to buying the RR?
😂
Cheers,

Ian