Your fleet running reports

nuttinnew

Re: Your fleet running reports

Post by nuttinnew »

We'd been here on the old forum, and apart from SJ's I can't remember any :cry:
ste

Post by ste »

Sundayjumper wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:06 pm I lent my car to a pasta chef once.

It came back all denty :(
When he asks "cannelloni again", you'll have to tell him you've bucatini with the Latvian bodyshop guy; Riga Toni. When you Pici(t) back up you'll have to put-an-extra excess on the insurance to cover any future damage he causes.
scotta

Post by scotta »

2 years ago today i Flew to London Luton to Buy the Elise. Pity i lost the buying thread on the old forum as would have been good to read back through.

Still loving the car. Smile on face job every time i take it out.
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

ste wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:28 pm the Latvian bodyshop guy; Riga Toni
Pure gold that one... :lol:
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
mik

Post by mik »

dinny_g wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:49 am
ste wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:28 pm the Latvian bodyshop guy; Riga Toni
Pure gold that one... :lol:
Ste is a pasta master at puns. Cant gnocci him.
GG.

Post by GG. »

ipod cable has stopped working again - on my second already and given they're a proprietary design (with a connector for an ipod 4 :? ) they're £30 a pop...

Bitten the bullet now and invested in a Bovee 1000 bluetooth dongle which I can plug into the lead meaning I don't need to have it trailing out of the centre console onto the seat (which I expect is what has caused the leads to fail) - another £95 :(
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Finally think I’ve sorted the ongoing wheel bearing issue on the Defender.

It goes through left rear bearings on a Salisbury axle every 5000 miles ish. These axles can take hundreds of hp, are bomb proof and will outlast nearly everything else on the car easily.

Inner axle seals can go on these but it’s ok as a common modification is to poke through the seal or remove it completely and then diff oil gets to the bearing aswell. This makes the bearing last longer as EP90 is a lovely oil for bearings too and doesn’t wash the grease away.

I’m not running ep90 though, I’m running fully synth super Ashcroft oil :oops:

So it’s washing the grease from the bearing race and that’s why the bearings are dying early.

I shall check in after I’ve done another 5000 miles (contain yourselves!!!) and will inspect it again.

Embarrassing mistake :?

Dave!
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

My time with the C220d AMG Line Premium Plus is drawing to an end and it's just been in for a big service and gearbox oil/filter change at a princely £732!

It's been a great car. No, it's not fast but it's got enough poke for the normal day to day stuff and it's been super reliable and very economical. This last weekend my wife and I had a couple of nights at the Rudloe Arms nr Corsham. It's a 4hr trip each way and the car managed 60.1mpg at a 63 mph average for the trip. Not bad at all I'd say. Similar on this summers trip to France too. I think it looks great in Black and chrome and is a lovely place to be with superb seats, that are heated, electrically adjustable and memory set. Also the belting 560w Burmester sound system, great sound insulation and a well thought out infotainment system made it a nice place in which to spend a lot of time.

I think I'll soon move on when I jump up to a 335bhp RWD hatchback :lol: :lol:
GG.

Post by GG. »

V8Granite wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:35 pm
I shall check in after I’ve done another 5000 miles (contain yourselves!!!) and will inspect it again.
Too. much. suspense :lol:
Bri957cc

Post by Bri957cc »

Tiguan continues to work well as a family appliance. It’s had some part of the throttle body replaced twice under warranty now, and an injector replaced a couple of months ago (again under warranty). Keep looking at the new bi-turbo Tiguan, but think a Skoda Kodiak could be a better buy, however not planning on changing it just yet.

The golf is getting lots of use, at one point 90 miles a day for three weeks. Only issue that reared it’s head was a blown radiator and pipe. Thoroughly enjoying tinkering with it, and think the next project will be building up a spare engine on a stand.

JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

That Golf though 8-)
Nathan

Post by Nathan »

Amber lenses and period correct plate font 👌
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Nathan wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:33 pm Amber lenses and period correct plate font 👌
those tabs will be perfect!!
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Maybe he should make a notoffer on it?
Bri957cc

Post by Bri957cc »

No LEDs fitted either 😎
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

😍
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Bri957cc wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:47 pm No LEDs fitted either 😎
You and Nathan sound like a match made in heaven. First OV9 relationship?
How about not having a sig at all?
Bri957cc

Post by Bri957cc »

Alas I’m holding out for Donna.
Nefarious

Post by Nefarious »

V8Granite wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:35 pm I’m not running ep90 though, I’m running fully synth super Ashcroft oil :oops:

So it’s washing the grease from the bearing race and that’s why the bearings are dying early.
I made a similar mistake on the Westfield gearbox (modded type 9) - running fancy-pants Fuchs Race Pro blah blah that costs more than pedigree racing horse spunk and the first and second gear synchros hate it. Was preparing myself to rip the box out for yet another rebuild when I switched back to bog standard Comma GL4 at about £6 a litre and all is right with the world again!
"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough"
Nefarious

Post by Nefarious »

Oh and a bit of an update from me:
Racecar - Couple of bodywork fibreglass repairs, bit of re-wiring, fire extinguisher servicing, another gearbox stripdown and ratio change. Same old same old.
TVR - Mostly good apart from rear end crash damage sustained in France (other fella admitted liability, so just waiting for insurance to sort it all out). I suspect one of the injectors is weeping a bit (wee bit down on power, slightly too lumpy at idle, smells a little rich), so will need to pull them all and check 'em on the ASNU machine once its back from the body shop.
Westfield - Been chasing a electric gremlin, which I currently suspect is down to the wrong sized o-ring on the crank position sensor (very narrow sweet spot between keeping the oil in and letting the CPS sit close enough to the trigger wheel). Aero upgrades continue (what this space :D )
Clio - It works.
Jag - Recently burst a fuel pipe, which was a bit scary. Rubber section on there temporarily until I can be arsed to fix properly. Generally OK, but not being driven enough.
Disco - Just got another year's MOT (which I thought might be a touch and go thing). Currently doing some fiddling jobs with electrics - specifically the "multi-function unit", which lives on the back of the fusebox and controls stuff like interior lights, rear fog, rear demister etc. It's a bitch to get to, and even more of a bitch to diagnose (not least because you have to unplug all the wires to get to the little bastard). Couple of door locks the fix too. New head appears to be performing well (4 months in and all is well - not bad for £100 off eBay!). Still loving this car more than I should for a £500 shitter!
"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough"