Your fleet running reports

Gavin
Currently Driving: Skoda Superb, R56 Cooper S

Re: Your fleet running reports

Post by Gavin »

Spent an hour or so under the steering column with a drill and a screw driver and the Volvo now starts. Happy days!
Mark_bt52

Post by Mark_bt52 »

Well we now have the 530d.

It's very nice. Still on runflats so the ride quality over rough roads is not as good or as controlled as the S4.

The confusion between turbo lag traction control and slow-witted slushbox isn't as bad as our 320d but the contrast with the instant response of the supercharged double clutch 4wd Audi is huge.

Mainly though it's a soft comfy car that pampers rather than threatens to bite your head off. And the 50mpg is nice.

The colour is nice too. It isn't carbon or sapphire black. In fact I don't think it is a "black" at all. Much more blue
Last edited by Mark_bt52 on Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nissan GT-R / Audi S4./ BMW 530d
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Land Rover, Peugeot 406 replica

Post by Sundayjumper »

Booked the Aston in for a service next month. £899+VAT.

I'm not looking for sympathy, this pricing goes with the territory, I'm just hoping it cheers up some other people :)
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

Mark_bt52 wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:20 pm Well we now have the 530d.
Heh, it's the inverse of my one:
IMG_5591.jpg
IMG_5591.jpg (115.05 KiB) Viewed 2756 times
Mine's only averaged 45mpg over the last 11k miles though.
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

Sundayjumper wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:57 pm Booked the Aston in for a service next month. £899+VAT.

I'm not looking for sympathy, this pricing goes with the territory, I'm just hoping it cheers up some other people :)
£750 for my 220d C Class next week. :lol:
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

McSwede wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:16 pm £750 for my 220d C Class next week. :lol:
Just for a service ??? There must have been some other stuff too ?

Mine's a major service which includes air filters (!) and gearbox oil. But apart from that I think it's just an oil change and general look over.
Mark_bt52

Post by Mark_bt52 »

Sundayjumper wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:57 pm Booked the Aston in for a service next month. £899+VAT.

Had GT-R service last weekend. £173. :D. (Inc Vat)
Nissan GT-R / Audi S4./ BMW 530d
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

Sundayjumper wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:31 pm
McSwede wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:16 pm £750 for my 220d C Class next week. :lol:
Just for a service ??? There must have been some other stuff too ?

Mine's a major service which includes air filters (!) and gearbox oil. But apart from that I think it's just an oil change and general look over.
A major service with gearbox oil & filter change.
mik

Post by mik »

Give us a laugh - what was the hourly rate for the techs?
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

mik wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:23 am Give us a laugh - what was the hourly rate for the techs?
No idea but safe to say they are robbing C-Units though!!
John

Post by John »

Mercedes certainly know how to charge for servicing and I'm glad that mine came with a service pack. When I collected it from the last service they didn't realise this and presented me with a bill for £800 plus. Admittedly it included diff and gearbox oils but that adds maybe 3 litres of oil and an hour or two of labour being generous.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I have bought a big boys fuel cap

I am sure it will be much fun to use in winter when it’s -10.
How about not having a sig at all?
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Just to sum up, is there a single piece of useless, functionless expensive crap you haven't bolted to your urban warrior spackerwagon yet?
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I’m still waiting on the spacers. But they will make the turning circle better so it’s pure functionality 8-)
mr_jon

Post by mr_jon »

MOT is looming on the Qashqai, dunno what to expect tbh.

Zoe is booked in for yet more warranty work next week - it's developed a big old clunk from the drivers' front which you can feel through chassis and steering wheel. Bit random when it happens, sometimes with acceleration/braking, sometimes over bumps. Wishbones (well the joints in 'em) are a common item, so could be that. Allegedly they are just Clio items so don't cope so well with an added few hundred KG's and stiffer (highly inflated) tyres. Have to extend the warranty by the May 2019 4 year birthday at a cost of around £300 (the warranty on the rest of the car is 5 years, but electrical drivetrain is only 4 years), plus they will want about the same again for a brake fluid change at service time. Will probably change to a newer 41kwh model around April and pass on those costs to someone else.
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Mito Man wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:23 pm I’m still waiting on the spacers. But they will make the turning circle better so it’s pure functionality 8-)
Ahh the spacers, now considering mine can navigate a tight multi-storey car park without hitting the lock stops.

I truly believe someone on a forum 20 years ago said they are needed and everyone just copied them.

Or fitted tyres which are too big.

Discs and Pads on the back of the ML today which was a nice job.
Talks about getting a GL next year due to our rekindled camping obsession but I’m enjoying the ML too much still and a GL350 is not enough engine so I’d need to spend a lot of money.

Sitting at 85, fully loaded with roof box on and averaging 22mpg still, very pleased with that.

Dave!
Beany

Post by Beany »

Took the Mondeo into work today just to make sure it wasn't going to be a fusspot after not being driven for a couple of weeks.

Wow, the controls are light. Wow, the ride is good. Wow, the aircon is strong. Wow, the torque out of roundabouts is strong.

Still IMPRESSIVE then. ;)

No bites on the ad so I suppose I should refresh it and change some more details, etc.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Make sure to mention that you polish the maf with your bollock juices every week - that’ll get them.
Gwaredd

Post by Gwaredd »

Took the foster sister-in-law car shopping the other day. She had a 10K budget & wanted a petrol car, £30 a year to tax with 5 doors (baby impending).

Looked at the usual Audi's, BMW's, Golf, Ford's etc, but we both couldn't get past the new Mazda 3's. For the money, there's nothing to touch them. The one she chose was a late 2014 Sport model in black with 19k on the clock for £10k. It's absolutely fully loaded, looks & drives like new & because it came from a Mazda dealer, is has a 12 month waranteeee, new MOT & is serviced before she picks it up. Strange cars really, in that they just sneak under the radar from the usual suggestions.

Whilst there, I had a good look at the new 2018 Mazda 6 & personally think they look way better than the 5 series etc. Mazda seem to be on the up.
Cheers.

Gwaredd
Coaster1

Post by Coaster1 »

Mazda do make some nice motors; was following one the other day, no idea what it was until I looked closely.