Your fleet running reports

DeskJockey

Re: Your fleet running reports

Post by DeskJockey »

mik wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 4:22 pm
Beany wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 3:25 pm Yeah, I'm liking the 135i idea more and more.
I just popped onto Teh Trader and found you a good one.

https://www.pistonheads.com/buy/listing/15893217
That's the ultra rare special edition?
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Beany

Post by Beany »

Sundayjumper wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 4:31 pm
Beany wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 1:52 pm Max of £10k. Not at the stage of 'what next' thread, just looking for simple recommendations.
I can do you a Flying Spur for £10k in the spring 😎
Park that bitch on the street, let it get clarted with tree sap and pollen and have it's wing mirrors knocked off by morons 8-)
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

Beany wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 6:07 pm
Beany wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 1:52 pm Max of £10k. Not at the stage of 'what next' thread, just looking for simple recommendations.
Park that bitch on the street, let it get clarted with tree sap and pollen and have it's wing mirrors knocked off by morons 8-)
Salary sacrifice and get yourself a Kia e-Niro 😉 😂
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Have you considered an electric pickup truck :lol:
How about not having a sig at all?
Beany

Post by Beany »

McSwede wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 6:57 pm
Beany wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 6:07 pm

Salary sacrifice and get yourself a Kia e-Niro 😉 😂
I'm not that fucking boring quite yet.

Mito - I'm not that fucking desperate quite yet.

There's a white one for sale local to me, six owners :lol: cat N repaired (no idea how that would affect insurance?) but very keenly priced, has all the toys with 100k miles....

I'd guess a front-end smash going by the panel gaps on the bonnet - that I can't see on other cars and I can't entirely put it down to a wide angle lens...

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-detail ... 2134793339
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

You'll get a nice one for 10k!
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

Did @Zonda_ sell his?

viewtopic.php?p=193623#p193623

I'm sure he'll do you an ov9-mates-rates discount if not?
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

No I didn’t and to be honest I haven’t put much effort into it as I really don’t want to. I know it’s going to be wasted on the new commute though so it will have to go. @Beany , it might be as heavy as an E36 convertible but i guarantee one wouldn’t see which way a 135 went, my 330ci was slow in comparison.

Oh and mine has a replacement touch screen that looks standard but does wireless Carplay and Android Auto.
Beany

Post by Beany »

Well, I'm not looking to buy something this week - I need to look at the best option for getting £10k first, as I don't have that to hand - I've been having a year of boring hedonism to make up for the last seven years of living on the edge (in a bad way) so I haven't been saving up :lol: just buying toys and not overthinking takeaways and things.

I assume that most people who don't just have a wodge of cash sitting around do something slightly cheaper/more efficient than a personal loan for these things, but I've not looked at it in depth yet, any pointers? I guess I could say I could chuck £350/month easily on this.

HP you don't own the car till it's done so no mods, and PCP just wouldn't apply for something used, so personal loan I guess?
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

mik wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 4:22 pm
Beany wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 3:25 pm Yeah, I'm liking the 135i idea more and more.
I just popped onto Teh Trader and found you a good one.

https://www.pistonheads.com/buy/listing/15893217
attempt 2...

the lengths Range Rover drivers will go to make their car insurance affordable...!
Yes, I know it's a sport...
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

Personal loan will always be the cheapest - it's how I've always financed my cars. You can loan slightly cheaper if you take it off your mortgage, as long as you pay it off within the same terms as a usual loan (3-5 years, not just leaving it the full mortgate term).
Beany

Post by Beany »

Haha. Mortgage*. :lol:

But yeah, point taken, personal loans seem reasonable enough at the moment (rates are down to more like 6% rather than the 10% they were recently, lowest I saw 'in the good times' was about 4% ) and over three or four years it makes little *real* difference.

* that said I am in a position to start saving for something like that/just having cash on hand for emergencies etc now, even with a loan for a car added on, so I'll be starting that next year...
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

I’ve bloody well done it again. Locked the Cayenne key in the car while it was running. But this time with parents & Gavster here to witness it 😂

To get in I’ve broken the same window as last time:

IMG_3547.jpeg
IMG_3547.jpeg (68.88 KiB) Viewed 42791 times

The replacement glass I fitted last time had some deep scratches in it so needed replacing anyway….
Beany

Post by Beany »

How in the fuck did you manage that?
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

Beany wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 12:20 am How in the fuck did you manage that?
With a hammer 8-)

Oh, locking it in the first place ? Not sure this time. I had leant in, started it, and closed the door so that it could warm up slightly. My parents & Gavster were here and staying over at the travelodge down the road, my wife was about to drive them down there. A minute or two later gavster tried to open the door but it was locked.

My best guess is that when I started it I grasped the key too hard and hit the ‘lock’ button without realising. Oopsie.

Replacement glass is £30 and I already know how to fit it because I’m an idiot and did the same thing in March.

Funniest part though - the whole thing could have been avoided with a £9 Uber but we didn’t think it necessary. Next time….
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Do you not have a spare key? And if so does it not work when the engine is running?
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

Spare key - no.

Should I have bought a spare key after last time - yeah.
mik

Post by mik »

:evil: And :lol: - sorry. As you say - not ruinously expensive thankfully, but I can imagine it was quite annoying.

Did they all have to then slum it in the Bentley? :cry:
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

mik wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 10:27 am Did they all have to then slum it in the Bentley? :cry:
MiL’s Renault Kadjar :lol:
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Would have preferred a breezy trip in the back of a cayenne getting showered in glass fragments than that 🤣
Cheers, Harry