Your fleet running reports

Carlos

Re: Your fleet running reports

Post by Carlos »

Auxiliary heating is usually referred to as a Heat Pump which was an extra and much more efficient at heating the car.

DC Rapid charging would be nice but I've only ever used it 3 times in 15k miles.
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Land Rover, Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

V8Granite wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 10:16 am Now trying to get another 4 quality coils, these were genuine Audi 35000 miles ago...
It's definitely the coils at fault ? They should last far longer than that.

At risk of creating an egg-sucking situation.....

I'd start by checking error codes and swapping the coils around between cylinders to see if the codes follow suit.
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

I’m 99.9% sure it’s the coils, breaking down when cold on a first damp start and then fine once warmed up. Then breaking down at load.

Seems to be a common thing on the 1.8T.

You’re right though I should at least confirm which one/ ones to be 100%.

I should remove all other car energy and get to putting my Donkey Defender back on the road 😂

Dave!
16vCento
Currently Driving: XFS Portfolio
V60 D3 SE
Xantia Activa

Post by 16vCento »

Sundayjumper wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 10:04 am I like the idea of an i3 as a runabout but wifey is very attached to her MINI. Got linky to i3 ?
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202310203195678

That's the one I went to look at, the passenger door has two big compressions in it, and the panels are pressed carbon or plastic so can't be repaired.

I didn't bother with it, it's not ideal for us I don't think, it showed 26 miles at over half charge which doesn't bode well, and I think it might be a bit small, the dog wouldn't get in the boot comfortably I don't think size wise.

Back to the drawing board.
KevH18

Post by KevH18 »

16vCento wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 8:55 am
Sundayjumper wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 10:04 am I like the idea of an i3 as a runabout but wifey is very attached to her MINI. Got linky to i3 ?
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202310203195678

That's the one I went to look at, the passenger door has two big compressions in it, and the panels are pressed carbon or plastic so can't be repaired.

I didn't bother with it, it's not ideal for us I don't think, it showed 26 miles at over half charge which doesn't bode well, and I think it might be a bit small, the dog wouldn't get in the boot comfortably I don't think size wise.

Back to the drawing board.
Range extender version?

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202308040435644

Not sure on whether the higher mileage is a big concern with these, although it's still under half the average mileage anyway.
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

16vCento wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 8:55 am http://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202310203195678

That's the one I went to look at...
Brown seats ? I think you made the right choice giving it a swerve.
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

They aren't great dog cars, the boot isn't massive. Occasionally I have them in there and fold one of the back seats forward or just let them sit in the back!

That 22kw should do 60miles in winter. I cant see you getting less than 3 miles per kw unless you're hammering it down a motorway at 90mph :lol:
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

18.8kwh usable when new, say 15% of that has gone to the angels, so you're left with 16kwh x 3 miles per kw = 48 mile range. Which will only get worse. It's ok if you genuinely only commute 6 miles per day and plan on keeping it till you scrap it. I'd be worried about selling it on in another few years with an even more degraded battery as the range keeps dropping.
How about not having a sig at all?
16vCento
V60 D3 SE
Xantia Activa

Post by 16vCento »

I think if I did get one it would have to be a REX, but that won't solve the big ginger dog fitting into the boot issue I think I'd have.

I think my biggest issue is now I've no idea what else to look at.

I was given a list of it needing to be Automatic, heated steering wheel and front screen, all/four wheel drive, high up driving position, fit the dog in the boot, and has to be smaller than the XF.

I managed 3/7 with the i3 😂

I hate to say it, but I think the only car to cover all bases for less than 10k is going to be an Evoque 2.2d.

Shame as I like the i3, they're fun and different.
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

I take back everything I've ever said about my daughter's Alfa MiTo build quality. She is an animal!

This morning her GT86 has been recovered from a car park with more rubber on it than Santa Pod :roll:
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Poor little mito, just sat there and took all the blame 🥲
Cheers, Harry
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

16vCento wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 2:57 pm ......Automatic, heated steering wheel and front screen, all/four wheel drive, high up driving position, fit the dog in the boot, and has to be smaller than the XF.

<snip>

...the only car to cover all bases for less than 10k is going to be an Evoque 2.2d.
Standard practice ! Decide on the car you want, write a list of requirements that in combination define that car and that car only, then ask your partner (/post a forum thread) saying "I don't know what to do, what should I buy ?" when in fact you've already decided :lol:
16vCento
V60 D3 SE
Xantia Activa

Post by 16vCento »

Haha, I can't think of owt else, I'd rather get a non high up car.

I thought a 330d xdrive touring would be a decent all round car and cover most bases.

I am wrong 😂
Beany

Post by Beany »

Mk4 Mondeo Tit X wagon.

Just to annoy the piss out of her. ;)
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

16vCento wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 9:32 pm I am wrong 😂
Yes. And you will be each & every day until you buy her an Evoque 2.2d.

And then you'll be wrong again when it breaks down. Because she didn't ask for an Evoque 2.2d. Not in writing anyway. You can't prove it 😂
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Isn't buying an old Evoque the equivalent of motoring BDSM? It'll kick you in the nuts and wallet every week until you sell it or someone steals it.
How about not having a sig at all?
16vCento
V60 D3 SE
Xantia Activa

Post by 16vCento »

Sadly, knowing as much as I do about jlr products, I would never but any engine other than the 2.2, as that's the most reliable by far.

They're not bad really, pretty old design, other than haldex Puno filters blocking, rear main oil seals leaking and suspension buses wearing, they're pretty good.

I have found that Countryman/Pacemans come with heated front screens however, but the engines are shite, petrol or diesel.

I think a 5 door Fiesta ST3 covers 5 of 7 bases though :?
IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

GLA, X1? Macan - if you EVO it and double your price point 😁 ?
Cheers,

Ian
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

A JLR product that isn’t brand new with a warranty ?

No thanks.

Dave!
16vCento
V60 D3 SE
Xantia Activa

Post by 16vCento »

Never had a FTP in the XF and it 11 years old now, it's probably been the car that's cost the least in maintenance I've ever owned!

There's a couple of awd GLA's local for 15k ish I might go see as they seem quite decent inside and have a big enough boot.