Glastonbury 2023

KiwiDave
Currently Driving: GT86

Re: Glastonbury 2023

Post by KiwiDave »

teacherboy wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 10:25 am Teskey Brothers / Yusuf were perfect for a sunday afternoon - amazing musicianship and vocals
I was quite a Teskey Brothers fan. Been to a number of their shows down here. But earlier in the year they unceremoniously dropped their drummer and bass player, the recording and arranging chops of the band and founding members since they were all snotty teenagers at high school. Apparently the two brothers Sam and Josh had their Mrs getting in their ear about how the two guys were the real talent... Always hard to know what's actually true, but I do know the drummer and bassist were treated like shit. Both decent chaps too from what I can tell, I speak to the drummer on and off. I'm not a fan of that kinda bullshit.

QOTSA being a high point don't surprise me - they don't really do bad shows. Their music has a lot of guts and drive to it and they're generally tight AF as a band, John Theodore is a fucking monster on the drums. Josh is a great front man too.
Gavster
Currently Driving: ya mum

Post by Gavster »

Am I being dim, or does anyone know of a good place to download just the audio from Fatboy Slim’s 2023 Glastonbury set?
DaveE

Post by DaveE »

Gavster wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 4:50 pm Am I being dim, or does anyone know of a good place to download just the audio from Fatboy Slim’s 2023 Glastonbury set?
This one?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m001n9yr
DaveE

Post by DaveE »

Gavster wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 4:50 pm Am I being dim, or does anyone know of a good place to download just the audio from Fatboy Slim’s 2023 Glastonbury set?
Here you go @Gavster

Pop it into a new tab using the icon in the top right corner and then you can download/save as

Shlergen

Post by Shlergen »

DaveE wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 6:48 pm
Here you go @Gavster

Pop it into a new tab using the icon in the top right corner and then you can download/save as

Legend
DaveE

Post by DaveE »

If anyone else has any Glastonbury sets they want, post them here and I'll see what I can do...
Gavster
Currently Driving: ya mum

Post by Gavster »

DaveE wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 6:48 pm
Here you go @Gavster

Awesome! Legend, thanks Dave :mrgreen: gonne rock Monday morning with that one 8-)
teacherboy

Post by teacherboy »

KiwiDave wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 11:34 pm
teacherboy wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 10:25 am Teskey Brothers / Yusuf were perfect for a sunday afternoon - amazing musicianship and vocals
I was quite a Teskey Brothers fan. Been to a number of their shows down here. But earlier in the year they unceremoniously dropped their drummer and bass player, the recording and arranging chops of the band and founding members since they were all snotty teenagers at high school. Apparently the two brothers Sam and Josh had their Mrs getting in their ear about how the two guys were the real talent... Always hard to know what's actually true, but I do know the drummer and bassist were treated like shit. Both decent chaps too from what I can tell, I speak to the drummer on and off. I'm not a fan of that kinda bullshit.

QOTSA being a high point don't surprise me - they don't really do bad shows. Their music has a lot of guts and drive to it and they're generally tight AF as a band, John Theodore is a fucking monster on the drums. Josh is a great front man too.
Thats a dick move on their part :evil:
DaveE

Post by DaveE »

For anyone who may want it, the Rick Astley & Blossoms set where they played Smiths tracks