Today’s want

Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Re: Today’s want

Post by Sundayjumper »

Well, how's about that ? The place that sold my Bentley to the guy I bought it from has a reasonable looking 360 in stock. I'm not completely sure about the interior but it looks like it's just the steering wheel & seats, so not too difficult to change.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/325696805811

Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

How about not having a sig at all?
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

I can't decide if that doors a different shade? Colour is nice though, the steering wheel and seats are awful, but like you say, not a hard job to sort.

I'd be getting a challenge rear grill too, because they look awesome.
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Rich B wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 7:31 pm I can't decide if that doors a different shade? Colour is nice though, the steering wheel and seats are awful, but like you say, not a hard job to sort.

I'd be getting a challenge rear grill too, because they look awesome.
I think it might just be the light, but it is hard to tell

The seats remind me of the "sporty" Mazda5 versions.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

The steering wheel is the most awfulest but also easiest to change bit. I’d be tempted just to die the red bits on the seats black, but then again I’d probably just live with them as you can’t really see them while you’re driving ( unlike the steering wheel )
Cheers, Harry
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

I could live with the seats. Retrim the wheel in alcantara with red stitching and it's good to go😎
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

The door does look off. Interior wise, I think the silver centre console and doors in silver make the red stand out, if they were black I think it would calm down. Not manuel :(
integrale_evo wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 7:43 pm most awfulest
:o :cry:
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

nuttinnew wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 8:01 pm Not manuel :(
Manuel commands the best part of £10k premium on these unfortunately.
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

Sundayjumper wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:59 pm The place that sold my Bentley to the guy I bought it from...
Heh. I just found their instagram, they do pics of their buyers, here's Mark buying a Bentley, thinking it'd be good for towing his caravan :lol:

jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Those seat look like they’ve had red dog collars fitted as inserts…..

So have you bought it yet? :lol:
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

jamcg wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 11:56 pm So have you bought it yet? :lol:
I'm wrestling with the man maths atm :) It's the best deal I've seen in recent years (measured against my own priorities at least, others will no doubt differ) but I can't help thinking that with interest rates being where they are, people will be cutting back on discretionary purchases like this, and more opportunities will arise later this year. At least a couple of people on here have already said they're putting off car purchases because finance rates don't seem like a good deal right now.

One positive - I showed my wife the first photo and she said "that's quite pretty", so we're off to an OK start on that front !
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Porsche finance rates have come down since we ordered in Feb. My Audi Hire Purchase rate is better than the average mortgage rate. With inflation still close to 10% the capital value is eroding just sat in your bank.

I’m not trying to persuade you, of course 😂
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

Jobbo wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 7:07 pm Porsche finance rates have come down since we ordered in Feb. My Audi Hire Purchase rate is better than the average mortgage rate. With inflation still close to 10% the capital value is eroding just sat in your bank.
Both are manufacturer-backed schemes though, which I assume will be highly competitive, even subsidised ? I've never paid much attention to car finance products. I've just done a generic quote and the best offer was 9.9% APR *but* only for cars <10 years old. Is an old car better or worse ? You'd hope to assume there's lower depreciation and so better LTV over the term. Although telling them I want to buy a suspiciously cheap 23yo money-pit exotic from a seller called "Kash 4 Kars" probably has its very own set of alarm bells at the finance company :lol:

Jobbo wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 7:07 pm I’m not trying to persuade you, of course 😂
Of course not. None of you are. This is like a reverse-AA group.

Me: Hi, I'm Steve and I'm alcoholic. I'm feeling weak right now and worried I might do something self destructive.

OV9: CHUG IT ! CHUG IT !
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Both my examples are VW Financial Services so not a wide sample - but the fact that the standard Porsche finance rate has gone down while the base rate goes up is a sign that there may not be so much doom and gloom out there. I don’t think the people buying £50k 20yr old Ferraris are necessarily the ones who will be hit.
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

jamcg wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 11:56 pm Those seat look like they’ve had red dog collars fitted as inserts…..
I was thinking Batmobile.

Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

https://www.pistonheads.com/buy/listing/15241507

Ticks absolutely no boxes as an ownership proposition, it's violently green and probably more expensive now than when it was brand new by some margin.
But still....want.
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

You could get a lot of IT equipment in the back of there Matty, so surely a practical decision 8-)
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

I've been looking at Griffiths a lot lately. The interior on this one is lovely. No I'm not colour blind.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202305016869563
mik

Post by mik »

speedingfine wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 7:36 am I've been looking at Griffiths a lot lately.
There is still a lot to like about Griffs.

That one is probably on the best wheel option, but they all look a bit small now. I know I’d be tempted to switch to something slightly larger diameter, and probably mess it up. :(

edit: they look great on the later Spider alloys, but maybe they are a bit big. Also really suit 17" Ford RS alloys (but not sure I'd want polished).

Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

speedingfine wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 7:36 am I've been looking at Griffiths a lot lately. The interior on this one is lovely. No I'm not colour blind.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202305016869563
Babysick!