Decent Recent TV

dinny_g

Re: Decent Recent TV

Post by dinny_g »

There’s a smidge of T&A in the first series but very little if any after that. Relatively violent too

If it’s a consideration for the kids…
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Wild Isles - starting now. Usually I turn off anything Attenborough after a bit once he starts bleating on about climate change but I helped a tiny bit with the Badger bit which I think is in tonight’s episode.
How about not having a sig at all?
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Fecking hell was that it, 3 weeks filming for all of a minute showing some badgers 😂
How about not having a sig at all?
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Tulsa King

Binged it while home with COVID - not bad but not an absolute classic. Bit thin in places.

6 out of 10
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Mito Man wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 7:21 pm Fecking hell was that it, 3 weeks filming for all of a minute showing some badgers 😂
Reminds me of the time the folk who made Taggart and my school had all the boys in my year do an hour long country run for what ended up being 5 mins of footage in the show :lol:.
An absolute unit
mik

Post by mik »

ZedLeg wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:50 am
Mito Man wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 7:21 pm Fecking hell was that it, 3 weeks filming for all of a minute showing some badgers 😂
Reminds me of the time the folk who made Taggart and my school had all the boys in my year do an hour long country run for what ended up being 5 mins of footage in the show :lol:.
Most subtle “I was in Taggart” claim evah
Shlergen

Post by Shlergen »

Daisy and the six on Prime. Enjoying so far and a bit different. Reminds me a little of halt and catch fire (one of best series Eva imo), maybe it's the era or filming style, no idea.
240PP
Currently Driving: A5 3.0 TDI, 987 S.

Post by 240PP »

Red Rose on Netflix

Girl downloads an app on her phone promising great things. Freaky shit happens. It’s giving the GF massive anxiety watching it despite wanting to watch four episodes on the bounce last night 😂
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

mik wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 12:50 pm
I don’t even think I ended up in the footage they used. I exercised for nothing :(
An absolute unit
Beany

Post by Beany »

ZedLeg wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 12:38 am
mik wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 12:50 pm

I don’t even think I ended up in the footage they used. I exercised for nothing :(
Just like all exercise.
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Pieces of Her on NetFlix

Toni Colette’s daughter discovers their whole life is a lie and they are actually in Witness Protection.

Pretty good. Good cast and an interesting premise.

7 out of 10
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

So, is anyone watching Succession? I was saving them up to watch in one go but looks like there's spoilers everywhere so Mrs Mike advised watching the first three last night...

We started watching The Wire again when away and I'd forgotten just how good it is, despite that first episode or two seeming really impenetrable when the show first aired.
Cheers,

Mike.
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Ascender wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:45 pm
Yellow Jackets
I binged series 1 a few weekends ago and now watching every Friday.

It’s OK - not a classic but interesting enough.

I did fear it might become a bit “Lost’ish” but they have set the Duration timeline for the “Before” bit very early on and are already well through is so I don’t think this will happen.

Christina Ricci is brilliant in it.
DaveE

Post by DaveE »

We just finished watching "The last of us"

Really enjoyed it, the episode with the two old gay guys especially was a brilliant episode, so well done, and genuinely touching

I bought the box set of The Sopranos on Blu-ray a few years ago, and we've yet to start it! Really need to get around to that...

I'm excited and worried (that they'll fuck it up) for Silo - the books on which it's based are some of the best sci-fi I've ever read
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

dinny_g wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 2:02 pm
Yellow Jackets

I did fear it might become a bit “Lost’ish” but they have set the Duration timeline for the “Before” bit very early on and are already well through is so I don’t think this will happen.

I only got about 4 or 5 eps in. When the spooky kid storyline turned up I was out, too much mystery for one show.
An absolute unit
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

dinny_g wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 2:02 pm
Yellow Jackets

I quite enjoyed it as I remember but haven't started watching the second series yet. I did have the same thought as you about the Lost comparison and how that really lost its way (no pun intended) at times, almost tying itself in knots before just dropping plots and leaving stuff unanswered.

I do wonder how Lost would stand up to a rewatch now - it was really frustrating at times but opinion of it now seems pretty favourable.
Cheers,

Mike.
Simon_P

Post by Simon_P »

Not in any particular order.

Dope sick.
Bear.
The Piano - I haven’t stopped thinking about this since I watched it a few weeks ago. I wouldn’t normally watch something like this.
I missed this back in 2019, it’s on iPlayer and series three is currently showing - Race across the World. Really enjoyed series one.

Succession - season four I’m waiting until the second from last episode is aired.
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

Simon_P wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 10:48 pmSuccession - season four I’m waiting until the second from last episode is aired.
Risky strategy.... be aware of spoilers in the most unlikely of places is all I'll say. I'd be tempted to watch the first few episodes.
Cheers,

Mike.
Simon_P

Post by Simon_P »

Ascender wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 12:44 pm
Simon_P wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 10:48 pmSuccession - season four I’m waiting until the second from last episode is aired.
Risky strategy.... be aware of spoilers in the most unlikely of places is all I'll say. I'd be tempted to watch the first few episodes.
It looks like you jinxed me Mike, spoilers have found me! I will be starting to watch it from this weekend and then live.

On the BBC Blue Lights was pretty good and something a bit different.
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

Simon_P wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 10:50 am
Ascender wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 12:44 pm
It looks like you jinxed me Mike, spoilers have found me! I will be starting to watch it from this weekend and then live.

On the BBC Blue Lights was pretty good and something a bit different.
Dammit!

My spidey sense was tingling when my wife started to ask me if I'd seen about the latest episode of Succession on Monday. Something had popped up in Facebook and on news sites - in the way that they like to utterly spoil something for everyone in a roundabout sort of way, but while also knowing exactly what they're doing.

I'll check out Blue Lights.
Cheers,

Mike.