Changing WhatsApp profile pics

Gavster
Currently Driving: ya mum

Changing WhatsApp profile pics

Post by Gavster »

Please can you retain the same profile pic for at least a few months at a time.

One of my friends changes her pic on a weekly basis and a) it's confusing about who is messaging because your pic is the first visual point of reference and b) it's quite needy.
Broccers

Re: Changing WhatsApp profile pics

Post by Broccers »

I dont think I have ever changed mine from the day I set it up
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Land Rover, Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

Broccers wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 1:42 pm I dont think I have ever changed mine from the day I set it up
You never change, I'll grant you that.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Sundayjumper wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 1:43 pm
Broccers wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 1:42 pm I dont think I have ever changed mine from the day I set it up
You never change, I'll grant you that.
Consistency is key lad :shock:
Explosive Newt

Post by Explosive Newt »

My problem is more and more people were using whatsapp for work. So suddenly you need to look professional.
Eg if a paramedic can't send me the patient's ECG through the usual secure comms they'll take a picture and whatsapp it to me.
When their profile picture is her on a night out with a knocker showing you don't quite take them as seriously as a professional.
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Nothing like that should be getting sent on personal phones at all.

Dave!
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

V8Granite wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 10:44 am Nothing like that should be getting sent on personal phones at all.

Dave!
as it's a security thing, I checked with the Home Secretary, she said it was fine...
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

😂😂😂😂

Dave!
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

V8Granite wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 10:44 am Nothing like that should be getting sent on personal phones at all.

Dave!
Correct. Unfortunately it is almost unavoidable if the employer doesn't provide devices.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

If I can go into Tescos and get a phone that works, I can anyone else and it be on a work contract. Really no excuse at all.

Dave!
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

What do you mean? If the employer doesn't pay for the contract (plenty don't) why should the employee pay for it? You can set up work profiles on most recent devices but in doing so you have to accept that the control software that is installed can wipe device.

If the employer doesn't provide the necessary tools then, IMO, they're implicitly accepting that staff will use their own devices for work.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

DeskJockey wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 1:51 pm What do you mean? If the employer doesn't pay for the contract (plenty don't) why should the employee pay for it? You can set up work profiles on most recent devices but in doing so you have to accept that the control software that is installed can wipe device.

If the employer doesn't provide the necessary tools then, IMO, they're implicitly accepting that staff will use their own devices for work.
I mean the ambulance service, not the individual.

Lots of stupid managerial crap within it which makes a chronic waste of the paramedics who are being tied to ridiculous rules.

Mumble grumble I’m having a whinge 🫣

Dave!
Explosive Newt

Post by Explosive Newt »

V8Granite wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 3:39 pm
DeskJockey wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 1:51 pm What do you mean? If the employer doesn't pay for the contract (plenty don't) why should the employee pay for it? You can set up work profiles on most recent devices but in doing so you have to accept that the control software that is installed can wipe device.

I mean the ambulance service, not the individual.

Lots of stupid managerial crap within it which makes a chronic waste of the paramedics who are being tied to ridiculous rules.

Mumble grumble I’m having a whinge 🫣

Dave!
Sometimes the reception is not sufficient for the Corpuls to send its ecg through. So they can either drive down the lane to try and send or just ping it over on WhatsApp. If the clock is ticking for the patient…

This is much better than 5 years ago when all they could do was drive to somewhere with a fax machine… or WhatsApp it.

I agree this is sub par for data integrity.
Beany

Post by Beany »

Whatsapp is at least encrypted end to end I suppose.