Crash diet fatty edition

V8Granite

Crash diet fatty edition

Post by V8Granite »

So we had our summer holiday in Wales and one of the days wanted to go on the Zip World forest coaster, treetop nets etc.

Tuesday the 19th I double checked the max weight for the forest coaster and it was 150kg for 2 people, the wife had previously told me it was 175kg. So I weighed my youngest who was 22kg, then myself at a portly 138kg and realised we had a problem 😂.

So I’d had a normal breakfast and lunch on the Tuesday and now had to lose 10kg in 7 days, coaster on the 26th at 15:00.

A steak every morning, a pint of milk at lunch and that was it, on the morning of the coaster I had half a litre of water but no food at all. I weighed in at exactly 127.6kg, Rolled up to the start and the guy looks me up and down and said “you’ll be fine” and didn’t fucking weigh us together!!!! Both happy and absolutely gutted!!

I could have been swimming in bacon and Doom Bar and cheese like you wouldn’t believe. Bastards.

Dave!
Broccers

Re: Crash diet fatty edition

Post by Broccers »

Heavy bastard :lol:
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

It’s all that Kale and rocket I have in my salads.

Dave!
Marv

Post by Marv »

Dave, you're twice the man I'll ever be!
Oui, je suis un motard.
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

Well done Dave 8-)

As a fatty I'm always terrified of embarrassing my kids on holiday or travelling.

I have my father in-laws funeral this week and it will be the first time I've worn a suit in way over 2 years so dreading trying stuff on tomorrow !

A low carb diet worked well for me for many years and I was 125kg and reasonably fit pre COVID now the scales say ERR :roll:

I need to get my shit together.
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

No oil, no sugar but good quality proteins and fats really help me lose weight.

Basically animal food that’s not been messed with.

I think as soon as you are aware of those little elastic button extenders it’s time to cut down on the food 😂

Dave!
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

I’m sure what you eat helped, but just a steak and a pint of milk each day would be a serious calorie deficit for me doing my desk job. Impressive weight loss. I was going to suggest for poisoning - I’ll never eat at a Subway these days after their food made me lose a stone in 7 days in 2007 (from a starting point of about 12st, so a similar proportion of my original mass to you).
Gavster
Currently Driving: ya mum

Post by Gavster »

Dave, you were close to the official 1977 Vogue eggs and wine diet :shock:

ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Honestly the best way to lose weight quickly is to quit booze and sugary drinks.

I can lose an inch or two off my waist by sticking to water and black coffee for my liquid intake for a few weeks.
An absolute unit
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Jobbo wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 7:33 am I’m sure what you eat helped, but just a steak and a pint of milk each day would be a serious calorie deficit for me doing my desk job. Impressive weight loss. I was going to suggest for poisoning - I’ll never eat at a Subway these days after their food made me lose a stone in 7 days in 2007 (from a starting point of about 12st, so a similar proportion of my original mass to you).
Ha same, I haven’t had a subway for years after getting food poisoning from one. The weird smell of the bread still makes me nauseous.
An absolute unit
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Who here tries intermittent fasting? I can do 12 hours between meal, 7 of those asleep :lol:

Apparently really good for you but I don't think feeling faint is either.
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Jobbo wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 7:33 am I’m sure what you eat helped, but just a steak and a pint of milk each day would be a serious calorie deficit for me doing my desk job. Impressive weight loss. I was going to suggest for poisoning - I’ll never eat at a Subway these days after their food made me lose a stone in 7 days in 2007 (from a starting point of about 12st, so a similar proportion of my original mass to you).
It was a 400g rump steak which apparently is 1100 calories, plus 200 calories for the full fat milk. I think it helps that the body can use everything that went in it.

I do enjoy a subway but will steer clear of dysentery, human shit tends to sit on the hips.

Gavster, I’m surprised at the lack of coke in that diet 😂

Dave!
Gavster
Currently Driving: ya mum

Post by Gavster »

Broccers wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 9:52 am Who here tries intermittent fasting? I can do 12 hours between meal, 7 of those asleep :lol:

Exactly, 12 hours is easy, if that even counts as fasting, going 7pm to 7am without eating is a piece of cake. I once tried 16/8 fasting and it drove me insane, that extra four hours was torturous. Eating is too much fun to restrict when I can do it.
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

Broccers wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 9:52 am Who here tries intermittent fasting? I can do 12 hours between meal, 7 of those asleep :lol:

Everyone I've spoken to about this bangs on about it, but when you talk in detail it's more about them just eating less, not the fact they're eating within a specific period.

1500 calories is 1500 calories, whether you eat it in a 14 hour window or a 7 hour window. Now I'm not sure if there are other benefits (digestive, sleep, energy) but most people talk about it in weight loss factor.

COVID was the best one for me. Weight-watchers meetings should just be grown up versions of Chicken Pox parties, but with CV.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I skip breakfast, have lunch at 1 and dinner at 7 usually so I guess I’m always fasting :lol:
How about not having a sig at all?
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

If you had a better diet you wouldn’t feel faint, unless you have diabetes etc.

It’s the lack of going to the toilet that was odd, you need a pooh and out comes a grape and you’re done!!

Dave!
Explosive Newt

Post by Explosive Newt »

Matty wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 11:27 am

Everyone I've spoken to about this bangs on about it, but when you talk in detail it's more about them just eating less, not the fact they're eating within a specific period.

1500 calories is 1500 calories, whether you eat it in a 14 hour window or a 7 hour window. Now I'm not sure if there are other benefits (digestive, sleep, energy) but most people talk about it in weight loss factor.

COVID was the best one for me. Weight-watchers meetings should just be grown up versions of Chicken Pox parties, but with CV.
I think that's bang on the money. The only way IF helps is that you eat fewer meals!

Calorie counting is the only thing that has ever worked for me. Suprise suprise, if you eat fewer calories than you burn then you lose weight!
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

I was told to read Dr Fung by my diabetes dr who thinks prescribing pills is utter bollox. Maybe he has some patient care in him rather than collecting the kickbacks prescribing heaps of meds. One of the many reasons the NHS is on its knees is people being put on tablets for life when simply modifying your lifestyle and exercising would do perfectly.

Any heres a short vid for you fatties :lol:
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

I’ll quite often ‘fast’ without thinking about it.

Ie friday. Had a snack about midnight on the Thurs, up at 8 for the college run, home just after 9, cup of tea - 2 sugars. Went to work, had a can of cherry Coke Zero around 3pm. Home at 5:45, cup of tea - 2 sugars. We picked up a Chinese takeaway at 7pm.

Felt fine, was fairly hungry by the time we got food but nothing daft.

In fact I do similar most weekends. Rarely eat until the evening meal then might have a few snacks later in the evening, then nothing until the main meal next day.
Cheers, Harry
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

I tried this yesterday - 14 hours nowt to eat. 11.30 went to mcdonalds as was starving (and it was a 1/4 pounds for 1 pound summat).
Continued to eat all day up till 8pm. Made it to 1130 and am now famished.

I dont think this is going so well :lol: