Your fleet running reports

integrale_evo

Re: Your fleet running reports

Post by integrale_evo »

It does look huge, but I can’t be bothered with the potential grief from fitting a smaller one.

I’ve got a new number on the way anyway, but will probably still leave it oe size as I’ve tried cut down but standard size digit plates before too and they look wrong.

In a way I quite like the plate looking big, makes you realise how slim the car is compared to a lot of modern cars 😁
Cheers, Harry
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Big plate is ok (with the correct font 8-) ), though it maybe looks a bit buck toothed in the pic.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Rich B wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 9:24 pm
Sundayjumper wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 9:18 pm And you can be very proud of the life choices that led you to that conclusion 8-)
Who shall we give the casting vote to?
The Surrey roads police who post on Twitter: https://twitter.com/surreyroadcops?lang=en

I can just imagine what they'd say if they saw SJ's car:
Court Result ⚖️

SUNDAYJUMPER (50) from Letsby Avenue, Bookham was found guilty of driving with an excessively small front registration mark.

Disqualified for 120 months
£999 in fines, costs and surcharges.

#HangHim
tim

Post by tim »

The HowMuchUar is booked in to have the most inaccessible of the 4 O2 sensors replaced Monday week. Which can't come soon enough as it's stuck in open loop and therefore throwing fuel through it more than it ought to be.

67.8 litres pumped in this morning, for 322 miles. £112. :lol:
mik

Post by mik »

I had an argument with the cops about the (smaller font and plate) front plate on the VXR8 (which was officially an import). The front bumper had a recess that a smaller plate sat in - which looked way better).

He didn’t like it when I pulled a copy of the regs out of my glove box and was able to explain why it was legal.

I decided that showing him the image of the Police evo (7?) with smaller font was probably not going to calm things down, so I didn’t).

Broccers

Post by Broccers »

My current bike has a too small plate and has done for 13 years. No problems at all. Its even got a badly placed screw which may or may not change one of the numbers from a distance :lol:

Car - last time I was done for mis spaced characters I got the copper to measure it on the hard shoulder of the M5. Putting his life at risk for 30 quid he went ahead, fetched his highly accurate tape measure and proved it was in fact 3mm too close. What a prick. :lol:
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

mik wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 10:14 am I had an argument with the cops about the (smaller font and plate) front plate on the VXR8 (which was officially an import). The front bumper had a recess that a smaller plate sat in - which looked way better).

He didn’t like it when I pulled a copy of the regs out of my glove box and was able to explain why it was legal.
#HangHim
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Boxster - the coolant too low light has been coming on then going off again for a while now so thought maybe it was time to top it up. Bought 5 litres of readymixed g30 yesterday thinking that would be over kill - it drank half of it so guess it was low after all :lol:

This afternoon its in for the rusty brake hub / park or disk painting with hamerite and the inner wheels cleaned up.

Mini - having its wheels refurbed soon as they seem to have corroded a bit and kerbd themselves as there is no way Nic did it :lol:
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Land Rover, Peugeot 406 replica

Post by Sundayjumper »

Jobbo wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 9:15 am The Surrey roads police who post on Twitter: https://twitter.com/surreyroadcops?lang=en

Court Result ⚖️

SUNDAYJUMPER (50) from Letsby Avenue, Bookham was found guilty of driving with an excessively small front registration mark.

#HangHim

I had a small plate on my motorbike for years with no issue. I have had a small plate on the front of the 911, Vantage & Compact for years with no problem. I have had mis-spaced (but otherwise legally sized) plates on the Passat, Touareg, MINI & Cayenne and never been stopped.

My theory - unproven apart from my own empirical evidence - is that if you don't drive like a pillock, nobody really cares.

Broccers wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 10:32 am Car - last time I was done for mis spaced characters I got the copper to measure it on the hard shoulder of the M5. Putting his life at risk for 30 quid he went ahead, fetched his highly accurate tape measure and proved it was in fact 3mm too close. What a prick. :lol:
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

I had an unintentionally mis spaced plate (plain plate LR08DFN, just didn't have quite big enough space between the R and 0) on my e92 M3 for years, then it failed an MOT because of it. I stuck on the awful honeycomb effect ones that the car came on (as in I just temp taped them on top of the other plain ones) and it passed.

I was never stopped for them.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I ran without a front plate on the Defender for nearly a year and that was all around central London without issue. Eventually stuck one on for the MOT and left it there ever since. I wouldn’t do that on a nice car though as the Police do seem to pick on nice cars without a front plate just to make an example of them on social media.
How about not having a sig at all?
mik

Post by mik »

I eat my fish & chips directly from the paper they come in. No plate. I’ve done this for years, and nobody - not my mum, my dad, nor my wife, has ever stopped me.
Beany

Post by Beany »

Sundayjumper wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 2:02 pm
Jobbo wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 9:15 am The Surrey roads police who post on Twitter: https://twitter.com/surreyroadcops?lang=en

Court Result ⚖️

#HangHim

I had a small plate on my motorbike for years with no issue. I have had a small plate on the front of the 911, Vantage & Compact for years with no problem. I have had mis-spaced (but otherwise legally sized) plates on the Passat, Touareg, MINI & Cayenne and never been stopped.

My theory - unproven apart from my own empirical evidence - is that if you don't drive like a pillock, nobody really cares.

Broccers wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 10:32 am Car - last time I was done for mis spaced characters I got the copper to measure it on the hard shoulder of the M5. Putting his life at risk for 30 quid he went ahead, fetched his highly accurate tape measure and proved it was in fact 3mm too close. What a prick. :lol:
It's always struck me as an "add another one to the charge sheet" offense after being stopped for something else.
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

I drive a car you’d expect to be driven by a 17 year old chav, so despite being a greying 42 year old nerd I’d rather not bother with the looks.

I’ve actually been considering a 3/4 size plate for the front of the sud because the full size uk one looks absurdly huge. They look so much better with the little Italian size ones.
Cheers, Harry
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

Right, that’s another job to add to the “jobs I Do Not Like” list - bonded glass. Super sticky urethane adhesive all over the place. Too much in some places and it oozes out into the wrong places. Anyways, there should definitely be enough adhesive in there.

I also polished the rest of the drivers side, and even got some proper wheel cleaner out to get the brake dust off. I know it’s only a cheap old van but I think it’s looking quite presentable now. It has its first motorsport outing this weekend, towing Jon’s Fabia RALLY CAR to & from the Kemble Targa.

A82E5FDC-8021-42CD-B05B-0D4E286DB702.jpeg
A82E5FDC-8021-42CD-B05B-0D4E286DB702.jpeg (111.06 KiB) Viewed 685 times
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

I think you need some slightly nicer alloys, and to wrap the B pillar black.
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

Nice alloys are expensive unfortunately. And if I do that I’ll want to lower it too.

B pillar - I’m on it :) I have some leftover carbon-effect vinyl that I used & was pleased with on the 530d dash trim, I was going to experiment with a bit of that.

Edit - I can’t remember if it’s external-rated. No matter. It’s already here so it’s effectively free.
mr_jon

Post by mr_jon »

I was thinking about wrapping a few interior trims on the Auris with some fake carbon effect stuff. The interior is sadly completely the same as an uber-granny Auris and the trim is looking tired. Any particular stuff good or just grab whatev's from the 'bay?

Polishing looking good, I have to do the other half of the Auris still!
JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Post by JonMad »

Damn, do I need to wash the Fabia now? I’ve not cleaned it since Bramley. There is much dust and many spiders’ webs all over it.
Left over crest; tightens.
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

mr_jon wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 10:37 pm grab whatev's from the 'bay?
That's all I did :) It's weird stuff, flexible at room temperature but you use a hairdryer on it and it suddenly goes very loose & stretchy. You work it into the nooks & crannies while it's warm.

Before, after, and fitted:

E3E53116-BE27-4D8D-8270-5542D8EEC930.jpeg
E3E53116-BE27-4D8D-8270-5542D8EEC930.jpeg (83.78 KiB) Viewed 630 times
02DD74D8-1321-41A3-9349-3633769D7539.jpeg
02DD74D8-1321-41A3-9349-3633769D7539.jpeg (81.33 KiB) Viewed 630 times
3780C67E-9D89-4642-8F61-7298CF8DABD2.jpeg
3780C67E-9D89-4642-8F61-7298CF8DABD2.jpeg (95.67 KiB) Viewed 630 times