Coronavirus

Explosive Newt

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Explosive Newt »

JonMad wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 2:31 pm Mum got a positive LFT.,, yep, 9 days before they were due to come to us for Christmas. PCR happening later today. She's not feeling too bad. Interestingly, she was really ill last week whilst getting negative LFTs. Someone nearby had that with their kid - the +ve LFT and PCR came just as they were getting better after repeated -ve LFTs.
Just goes to show - I would get a PCR if you have symptoms; the LFT is useful as a screening test to see if you are infectious or not but I think a negative one can be falsely reassuring in the symptomatic. Hopefully she had the worst of it last week and will now be on the mend.

Mrs Newt just got boosted today, work having opened up their vaccine centre to all comers as walk-ins now they have vaccinated pretty much all the staff.
Gwaredd

Post by Gwaredd »

I was booked in for Jan 6th for my booster, as that was the earliest appointment I could get. Just had a text from my Doctors saying I can have one next Tuesday instead, so fair play to them. They're really moving with this.
Cheers.

Gwaredd
Explosive Newt

Post by Explosive Newt »

DeskJockey wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:06 am
Simon wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:00 am
Explosive Newt wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 8:50 am Good luck getting your SVT ablation or angioplasty done this side of Christmas!
Damnit, that's what I'd asked Santa for!
I can offer you a half price deal for both in my new mobile medical practice in return for a five star review. Further discounts available if you don't mind holding the rib spreader yourself while I work and cleaning up before you leave.

(For the absolute avoidance of doubt this is not serious)
Nah reckon you are on to something here. A coat hanger and a 12V battery and I reckon you could perform a cardiac ablation. And probably to a similar degree of success as the so-called 'experts'.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I thought coat hangers were solely used for improvised abortions.
How about not having a sig at all?
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Explosive Newt wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 4:39 pm
DeskJockey wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:06 am
Simon wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:00 am

Damnit, that's what I'd asked Santa for!
I can offer you a half price deal for both in my new mobile medical practice in return for a five star review. Further discounts available if you don't mind holding the rib spreader yourself while I work and cleaning up before you leave.

(For the absolute avoidance of doubt this is not serious)
Nah reckon you are on to something here. A coat hanger and a 12V battery and I reckon you could perform a cardiac ablation. And probably to a similar degree of success as the so-called 'experts'.
Want to be my senior consultant?
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
revsRus
Currently Driving: Mclaren 600LT
VW Golf Clubsport S

Post by revsRus »

Rich B wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 1:11 pm Vaccines ✔️

Masks. I don't like wearing masks, however, I'm happy to tow the line in shops if it helps other vulnerable people feel more comfortable. I don't feel some great oppression from wearing a mask in these situations, but I won't be wearing a mask 24/7 ever.

Is this the sheep bit? What's your take on masks Broccers.
Pedant alert - I think this should be “toe the line”. I had to check though. For me, “tow the line” conjurs an image of using a rope to manually drag a narrow boat up a canal, similar ish sentiment to following set rules/commands
mr_jon

Post by mr_jon »

Yes, toe. Though once at a trackday a fella proudly showed me his 'toe' point sticker he'd made himself :lol:
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Always happy to learn! 😎
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

mr_jon wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 11:16 pm Yes, toe. Though once at a trackday a fella proudly showed me his 'toe' point sticker he'd made himself :lol:
😂 did he ever insert his toe?
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Masks. I don't like wearing masks, however, I'm happy to tow the line in shops if it helps other vulnerable people feel more comfortable. I don't feel some great oppression from wearing a mask in these situations, but I won't be wearing a mask 24/7 ever.

Sorry for the slow reply. Properly ill in this household but its not covid according to the test Nic did.

I wear masks where required.
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

Broccers wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 9:20 am

Sorry for the slow reply. Properly ill in this household but its not covid according to the test Nic did.

ok, so you're basically fine with:

Vaccine ✔️
Masks ✔️

So what are we all being sheep about?

- Lockdowns? I don't think I'd observe another lockdown - though I have actually worked from home this week (mainly because we've had 2 cases in the office).

- Covid itself? It is real.

- The great reset?

- national ID cards?

- moon landings?

Let us know!
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Rich B wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 9:49 am
Broccers wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 9:20 am

ok, so you're basically fine with:

Vaccine ✔️
Masks ✔️

So what are we all being sheep about?

- Lockdowns? I don't think I'd observe another lockdown - though I have actually worked from home this week (mainly because we've had 2 cases in the office).

- Covid itself? It is real.

- The great reset?

- national ID cards?

- moon landings?

Let us know!

Lockdowns essentially. Glad you are on the same page. I've done my bit up to now and complied with everything dished out. I was a sheep, I am not now :D
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Bollocks to another lockdown. I think the idea of schools closing again in the New Year might just tip half the population over the edge! :lol:
Gwaredd

Post by Gwaredd »

Rich B wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 9:49 am

- The great reset?

I welcome this. If it's true, and this is it, there will be one of two types left.

1, us - the law(ish) abiding citizens that can see the big picture and are willing to pull together for the greater good (insert Hot Fuzz giff here)

2, them - the knuckle dragging, fish posing profile picture, vanderbilt fearing, live, love, laugh doomsayers that are hell bent on teaching us the truth that consists of telling us to doo some rEsercH!

If 1 is left standing, then good. Carry on as we are but without 2 trying to fuck it all up.

If 2 is left standing, I'll be glad I'm gone, as I don't want to be here with them in charge.

So, for me, it would be a win - win situation. Except it won't be, as it's complete bollocks.
Cheers.

Gwaredd
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Noticed last night that my sense of smell has gone at some point. The wife was feeding the Xmas cake with brandy, and I couldn't smell it at all. Poured myself a whisky and had a good sniff - nothing. Weirdly, not even the alcohol burn, which I would have at least still expected even if the actual smell has gone.

Very strange.
Simon

Post by Simon »

The speed Omicron is spreading we'll see the peak before kids go back in January. I don't see them closing the schools, especially now they are actually getting around to jabbing kids, and I imagine they'll go down to the 5 year olds in Q1 next year too once the booster program is mostly done.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Simon wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 11:43 am The speed Omicron is spreading we'll see the peak before kids go back in January. I don't see them closing the schools, especially now they are actually getting around to jabbing kids, and I imagine they'll go down to the 5 year olds in Q1 next year too once the booster program is mostly done.
AIUI they're waiting on EHRA approval of a reduced dose vaccine for the younger age groups, and that it might only then be pushed for CEV kids or those living with someone that's CEV. We won't be letting our lad have it I don't think. THe wife will be 4x jabbed soon, and I'll be going for my booster in the New Year, so it just seems pointless.
Simon

Post by Simon »

Interesting. Why wouldn't you let your lad have it?
The artist formerly known as _Who_
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Simon wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 1:51 pm Interesting. Why wouldn't you let your lad have it?
What would be the point, mainly. The wife is up to full protection, as am I. It won't stop the spread, which I believe is moving to endemic status anyway. And he's not CEV, so is highly unlikely to be affected by Covid.

Whilst I'm pro-vax, I think we have to temper our desire to jab everything that moves. And I think there's a mental break that we'll need to make at some point if we want to shift back to any proper sense of normality. We need to get back to being prepared to live with some degree of risk, just as we do with cold and flu viruses etc.
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

How can it "move to endemic status" - its around the world?