Your fleet running reports

DeskJockey

Re: Your fleet running reports

Post by DeskJockey »

Ooooh. Yes! I bought Bosch wipers for both cars so they match the new kettle!
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

I need some piaa silicones for the compact, can’t decide whether to stick to standard replacements or go for aero style retrofits which I hate the look of but they do work better :lol:
Cheers, Harry
Beany

Post by Beany »

integrale_evo wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 7:35 pm I need some piaa silicones for the compact, can’t decide whether to stick to standard replacements or go for aero style retrofits which I hate the look of but they do work better :lol:
I still haven't got PIAAs for the car yet, although given the absolute pig regular Bosch's were to fit I'm thinking I might just not bother :lol:
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Are they that difficult to fit? Fronts on both mine are pushbutton, and biggest faff with the rears was because I'd gotten them mixed up, so was trying to fit the Galaxy wiper on the Zoe.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

ML service done, it was a service C but only needed oil and filter and power steering fluid so was nice and easy.

It keeps soldiering on happily.

Dave!
__CA__

Post by __CA__ »

Haven't done a fleet report since the old old forum probably, so here goes, youngest first:

'12 Peugeot Ion
Also the most recent purchase, has become my daily for all the crappy short journeys. I was looking at importing a Mitsubishi i or i-miev from Japan but this popped up on eBay cheap. On a good day it might do 60 miles range and worst case less than 40... but it's enough! I have bought a Webasto auxillary heater to help preserve the range on the coldest days... yes, diesel :?
It is a hoot to drive when range is not a concern, slots into any gap and gets gawped at, the packaging is amazing... I would love to lower it a touch, reduce the roll, give it a bit more grip, a bigger battery and more power or even a second motor to win any TLGP :D A company in Oz has engineered a battery with twice the capacity but it's £7k!!!

'10 A6 Allroad
Love the waftiness of this after the Peugeot, but its gearbox feels horrifically old school and slushy. In my ownership it's had tints, the awful grey bodykit painted body colour (black), 19s from an A7, an OEM dog guard (feels like it would stop a tank) and will get a remap to 400+ bhp at some point. Oh I forgot to say it's supercharged. I've always been an Audi-avoider - because understeer :roll: - but this is so fit for purpose as a fast family dog wagon. The air suspension and adaptive damping is fab, the bandwidth from high riding allroad/ lift mode to low-riding dynamic mode gives it an appeal beyond a 5 Series touring and XF Sportbrake, which has surprised me.

'06 Suzuki Carry tipping pickup
Second most recent purchase, direct from a Japanese auction. Slightly rustier than expected but soooooo cute and will be extremely useful for several building / landscaping projects coming up. I haven't got around to registering it yet, it needs a fog light and a set of tyres. Must not crash it as I am the crumple zone :shock:

'02 M3
Now owned for 7 years, only 50k, full respray, new wings, minty mint and is barely used but whenever I do... ooh that engine :twisted:

'85 90 soft top
Ex RAF, as rough as a LR gets before it fails an MOT, but thankfully it doesn't have too many left to pass! Long term I want it to be restored like one of the Portuguese 'coolnvintage' cars, stripped back, pure, roof and door tops off, V8 woofling instead of diesel hammering...
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

This post needs photos. I
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Another Allroad lover 😎
Gavin
Currently Driving: Skoda Superb, R56 Cooper S

Post by Gavin »

Have to say the Allroad ticks a lot of boxes. I've had a browse on what is available locally a few times, especially when the weather seems to be getting ever more extreme.

Still loving the E though and a slightly newer Allroad is hard to justify when it is likely another £10k over and above. Still fancy an S4 avant though...
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

Beany wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 7:59 pm ....given the absolute pig regular Bosch's were to fit I'm thinking I might just not bother :lol:
Huh ? Is there something particular to the convertible / coupe ? I've had E46 Touring & Compact and don't remember any issues.
Beany

Post by Beany »

Sundayjumper wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:33 am
Beany wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 7:59 pm ....given the absolute pig regular Bosch's were to fit I'm thinking I might just not bother :lol:
Huh ? Is there something particular to the convertible / coupe ? I've had E46 Touring & Compact and don't remember any issues.
I honestly don't know - there's a plastic peg to hold some wipers in place (removable) and the wiper just didn't want to fit in place well at all.

Eventually worked out a 'trick' to it and it's in now, but it took three of us - two of whom fit wipers every bloody day - and even they were scratching their heads.

Perhaps the wiper arms are knackered. Either way, it's put me off trying anything with them for a while :lol:
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

Chinese ditchfinders on the 320d are now gone and in there place are correct size (non-RF) Hankook Kinergy 4 season tyres that are balanced correctly. Car drives so much better now.

I have been reminded how epicly shit E90 standard headlights are (especially after 330e LED's) so I ordered some Philips Xtreme 150% H7 bulbs for dip and main beam. I shall be sacrificing some knuckle skin this weekend getting the fiddly bastards in. New wipers coming too as old ones judder like fuck!

MX5 is now moved up to my dad's for a while so I've ordered a car cover for it. Come the new year it needs to go off for some TLC in the form of a steam clean, any repairs then undersealing with Dinitrol or the like.
Shlergen

Post by Shlergen »

I have wonderful memories of replacing lights on my e91, side lights were the worst.

Maybe that's what made hpfp, injectors and steering rack to crap themselves and not the incompetence of the BMW garage.
Foz

Post by Foz »

Explosive Newt wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:09 am
Foz wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:18 pm Everything’s for sells.

So if anyone wants a 996 C4S, a Loltus race car or a camper, slide into my DM’s :lol:
I do want a 996 C4S but I suspect you will want more money than I can give you if this kind of firesale is happening! What prompted this?
Investment opportunities..

Re the 911
Factory Spec
C16 UK Car
Basalt Black
Black leather

Heated seats

White dials

small aluminium pack
Hard Back Sports seats
6CD Changer
Manual Gearbox
Litronics (xenon’s)
Nav
Alcantara roof
Leather dash
N Rated Michelin PS2's

Hartech Rebuild (October 2012) when engine 61k

i got the car in April 2018, previous owner had it since 2011, 6 owners in total.
Modifications from OEM
Rose Joint Short shift
Bilstein B8 Dampers
RS engine mounts
Dansk exhaust backboxes

Recent Work
Full Respray (May – August 2020)
Full underbody refresh/ strip back & underseal (Jan-March 2021)
All rear suspension arms new
New top mounts
New Engine Mounts
Full Powdercoat of all steel items inc rollbars etc
New ARB Bushes
New Clutch
New Starter

Service History
PDI
4 June 2003 – JCT600 Newcastle – 7,567 miles
6 May 2005 Porsche Edinburgh – 15,870 miles
7 June 2006 Porsche Edinburgh – 20,749 miles
21 May 2007 Porsche Glasgow – 39,303 miles – major service
15 April 2008 RPM Glasgow 45,050 miles
8 April 2009 Bavaria Auto Werke (Abdn) 50,645 – major service and clutch change
28 September 2010 Bavaria Auto Werke (Abdn) – 57,391
10 November 2012 Diack Autos Inverurie 61,081 Major and Hartech rebuild
17 October 2013 Diack Autos Inverurie 62,395
13 March 2015 Diack Autos Inverurie 63,507
18 February 2016 Diack Autos Inverurie 64,199
16 February 2018 Diack Autos Inverurie 65,109
19 September 2019 DC Garage Services & Motorsports 66,599 (Major service, Coils, plugs, MAF, new discs and pads, Caliper Refurb)
13 November 2020 DC Garage Services & Motorsports 71,629 (Major Service Inc Gearbox oil)
29 March 2021 DC Garage Services & Motorsports 72,180 (Underbody rebuild, protection, new clutch, engine mounts, rear arms Powder coating and various service items)
Nov 2021(ongoing) AC pipe replacement, Seat tilt switch, Xenon level sensor and a full service & MOT

hundreds of photos available of work done since I bought it.

£29k
KevH18

Post by KevH18 »

The now 157k mile Mazda 6 still going strong. MOT passed today with no issues and no advisories. A bottle of Forte engine cleaner and a quick blast to clear out the soot last night obviously helped!
Foz

Post by Foz »

Ascender wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:24 am
Foz wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:18 pm Everything’s for sells.

So if anyone wants a 996 C4S, a Loltus race car or a camper, slide into my DM’s :lol:
That's one hell of a message to just put out there! Everything ok?!
Yeah all good 😂
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

I’ve been using the compact for a week now and enjoying it, but there are some modern conveniences I miss.

Outside temperature sensor. No idea why, I just like to know what’s going on outside. Retrofit in process, collecting bits isn’t easy as the compact obc is a lot less common than the full size e36.

Steering wheel volume controls. Because I’m lazy. Retrofit is possible using e38/39 button packs and a bit of wiring, may get round to it one day.

One touch indicators. Amazing how quickly you learn a behaviour and how long it takes to unlearn it. There’s a couple of roundabouts where I’m so used to just tapping the stalk for three flashes that I keep forgetting the e36 doesn’t do that, no doubt getting plenty of comments from other road users for being a typical bmw driver and not indicating 😁
Cheers, Harry
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

integrale_evo wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:11 am

One touch indicators.
https://www.cum-cartec-shop.de/BMW-3er- ... inker.html
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

nuttinnew wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:16 am

One touch indicators.
Wow, cool ! I don't use my Compact on the road enough to warrant it, but if I did, it would.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

nuttinnew wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:16 am

One touch indicators.
Based on the url, were you actually searching for something else?