Your fleet running reports

Beany

Re: Your fleet running reports

Post by Beany »

Very nice 8-)
Barry

Post by Barry »

Yeah, been chatting to him during the purchase, 2 owner UK, stock spec. Needs a bit of TLC in couple places but seems honest overall. Meeting him and Matt at Donnie on Monday, but I think he's bringing the Mégane still.
mik

Post by mik »

Say Hi from me - I didn’t meet up with the Highland Hoon crowd this year.
Coaster1

Post by Coaster1 »

mik wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:55 am As I don’t think he even came over here from the old forum (?), I don’t think I am ruining any surprises…. new car for BenB. Un-modified VI. Still has the 964 of course. Nice. 8-)

That looks really nice in silver 8-)
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Jobbo wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 7:56 am Blimey, you could have been like TenPenceShort’s victim, Broccers. Stay safe.
Its a good point - dont do U turns on a 60 mph road just around a bend on a hill. Good job I didnt panic else yes would have been quite serious.

Ben's car looks ace. Only see his insta updates which are holidays :lol:
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Fuck him, If he's too good to join us on this forum, then he doesn't deserve any praise from us.
😘
Cool car dude!
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

Jobbo wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 7:56 am Blimey, you could have been like TenPenceShort’s victim, Broccers. Stay safe.

30 miles electric range isn’t too bad if it’s consistent. These PHEVs are more intended to run on electricity when they’re in town, which is the inefficient bit with an ICE engine. I’m not sure they’d be that efficient in my use so I’ve not considered them; be interesting to see McSwede’s longer term report.
To be fair I was expecting 20-25 miles so the 30 was a surprise especially as I'd been out with a colleague for a few miles hammering it in Sport with the Xtraboost function as often as possible.

I'm hugely sceptical of these types of cars for people like me. If you drive upto 30 miles to the office and can plug it in and drive home then it's great but for someone like me that'll be doing 30-35k per year it makes less sense. Once I've used my 30 miles of electric I'm driving a car with a small engine that's having too carry around all those extra batteries and gubbins. I must say though having seen Harry's garage with the X5 and my brief experience with the 330e yesterday I'm reasonably optimistic. I believe that when doing journeys with satnav it uses the battery in the most appropriate places of the journey too.

The big thing for me is the reduction in BiK which will save me £300 per month (approx)

With regards to @Broccers question on the battery, it's 12kw and takes 5hr 40mins to charge from a 3 pin plug.

Performance in electric only is more than adequate for town and will happily sit at 80mph on the autobahn.

I'm much happier about it now that I've driven one and am actually quite looking forward to getting it.

What I will miss though is the sound and the performance of the M140i. What a cracking daily that car is!
Coaster1

Post by Coaster1 »

@McSwede you had a M135i didn’t you? Is the M140i quite a step up?
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

McSwede wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 9:47 am The big thing for me is the reduction in BiK which will save me £300 per month (approx)
No-brainer, which is why virtually every 3 and 5 series I see on the motorway is a 330e or 530e these days.

The fuel tank capacity is reduced, I think. Coming from an M140i I doubt that'll be much of an issue for you, but for anyone doing decent mileage, coming from a 320d they're going to be visiting the petrol station a lot more regularly.
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

Jobbo wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:06 am
McSwede wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 9:47 am The big thing for me is the reduction in BiK which will save me £300 per month (approx)
No-brainer, which is why virtually every 3 and 5 series I see on the motorway is a 330e or 530e these days.

The fuel tank capacity is reduced, I think. Coming from an M140i I doubt that'll be much of an issue for you, but for anyone doing decent mileage, coming from a 320d they're going to be visiting the petrol station a lot more regularly.
40l petrol thimble on the 330e so in reality with the electric I'll probably fill up as much as I do in the M140i.
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

Coaster1 wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:05 am @McSwede you had a M135i didn’t you? Is the M140i quite a step up?
No. Just had the M140i for 35 months now. The B58 engine is pretty robust by all accounts and will take a lot more power with no problems. It's a great motor though and I'll miss it.
Coaster1

Post by Coaster1 »

Thanks 👌

40l tank in 330e :|
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

Coaster1 wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:35 am Thanks 👌

40l tank in 330e :|
Yes. Quite small for me but I know plenty of my customers might only fill it once or twice a month due to their driving/charging routine
NGRhodes

Post by NGRhodes »

Pretezl Wagon went to an acquaintance to reset broken service interval correctly , whilst doing a full diagnostics it was decided a few tweaks to the ECU should be added. A few hours later and it feels like it has gained 30BHP, is now much smoother across the rev range, is now much smoother to drive around town (it started getting a bit jerky over the past few months).
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

NGRhodes wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:49 pm Pretezl Wagon went to an acquaintance to reset broken service interval correctly , whilst doing a full diagnostics it was decided a few tweaks to the ECU should be added. A few hours later and it feels like it has gained 30BHP, is now much smoother across the rev range, is now much smoother to drive around town (it started getting a bit jerky over the past few months).
is there some reason you refer to your car as a pretzel wagon? I've no idea what car you have.
NGRhodes

Post by NGRhodes »

Rich B wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 7:23 pm
NGRhodes wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:49 pm Pretezl Wagon went to an acquaintance to reset broken service interval correctly , whilst doing a full diagnostics it was decided a few tweaks to the ECU should be added. A few hours later and it feels like it has gained 30BHP, is now much smoother across the rev range, is now much smoother to drive around town (it started getting a bit jerky over the past few months).
is there some reason you refer to your car as a pretzel wagon? I've no idea what car you have.
Its a 2005 Audi A4 Avant 2.5v6 TDi.
The name stems from the fact that Pretzels are my favourite snack and the first thing we did after we got this car was drop into Lidl to get a few fresh Pretzels, so the kids named the car the Pretzel Wagon (I don't pick names myself for cars).
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

NGRhodes wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 7:46 pm
Rich B wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 7:23 pm
Its a 2005 Audi A4 Avant 2.5v6 TDi.
The name stems from the fact that Pretzels are my favourite snack and the first thing we did after we got this car was drop into Lidl to get a few fresh Pretzels, so the kids named the car the Pretzel Wagon (I don't pick names myself for cars).
ah, so it's a reference just for your kids to understand when they read it on here!
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

I'd already assumed it was an Audi as the badge looks like a pretzel :? :D
Gavster
Currently Driving: ya mum

Post by Gavster »

For the first time in my life I clay barred a car 😲 then cut and polished it, looking good 😎
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

Gavster wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 1:12 pm For the first time in my life I clay barred a car 😲 then cut and polished it, looking good 😎
The 4gc still looks good. Mineral grey is a great colour.