Your fleet running reports

Mito Man

Re: Your fleet running reports

Post by Mito Man »

Nathan wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:14 am
Mito Man wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:34 pm This seems to cover everything. Will probably order tomorrow https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LATEST-ULTIM ... QlEALw_wcB
How is it you manage to find the most expensive way of buying anything ?
It’s out of stock :lol:
How about not having a sig at all?
Beany

Post by Beany »

Beany wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:36 am Still waiting for this spring.
Update from the GLS "Delay in delivery due to customs clearance. We are waiting for the tracking update."

Apparently customs is hard for an international courier... :roll:

Edit: If we assume an average walking speed of 5km/hr, and the depot being 1390km from me, then walking 10 hrs a day it could be taken from there to me in 28 days on foot.

It's been 22 days so far since I ordered the spring.

Lets see if GLS can beat someone just carrying the fucking thing!
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Beany wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:35 pm
Beany wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:36 am Still waiting for this spring.
Update from the GLS "Delay in delivery due to customs clearance. We are waiting for the tracking update."

Apparently customs is hard for an international courier... :roll:
You’d be surprised man, UPS basically shut down in Europe for about 2 months at the start of the year because they weren’t ready for the new rules.

We’re still trying to find parcels they were supposed to deliver in Jan & Feb.

Brexit has been a nightmare for customs so far.
An absolute unit
Beany

Post by Beany »

Yeah, if it hasn't turned up by EoM then come payday I'm just going to GSF (dunno why I didn't check with them before) as they have a few depots around and may have it in stock locally. They do currently, but I don't have the money for it at the moment :lol:
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Removed the front and rear seats from the TT, shampooed the floor, cleaned all the dirt out, removed the Isofix points (valuable weight lost to turn it into a TT RS) and it’s now waiting for the carpet to dry before re-fitting the front seats, tears are back in.

I expect it to now feel like a racey race car.

Dave!
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

V8Granite wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:45 pm Removed the front and rear seats from the TT, shampooed the floor, cleaned all the dirt out, removed the Isofix points (valuable weight lost to turn it into a TT RS) and it’s now waiting for the carpet to dry before re-fitting the front seats, tears are back in.

Dave!
Don’t cry! Do you need a hug?
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

You should have just binned the carpets, then you'd have a TT RS GT2 Weissach Doppelmasturbationwanken Touring.
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

jamcg wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:23 pm
V8Granite wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:45 pm Removed the front and rear seats from the TT, shampooed the floor, cleaned all the dirt out, removed the Isofix points (valuable weight lost to turn it into a TT RS) and it’s now waiting for the carpet to dry before re-fitting the front seats, tears are back in.

Dave!
Don’t cry! Do you need a hug?
The only tears will be from those I see in the rear view mirror.

Mito, anymore weight loss will be detrimental to handling (c) Shiro Nakamura.

Dave!
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Tesla get a lot of shit for bad service but my dad went earlier today to their service centre to order new wipers and cabin filters. He mentioned in passing a new squeak the car has when driving over speed bumps. They ask if they can take a look and take it for a test drive, remove the wheel and say it needs new front control arms but they haven’t got any in stock. At this point they’ve already pulled quite a few bits off the car so they just bring round a Model S and say to come back on Tuesday :lol:
Still, outstanding service.
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Not bad service.

Is the truck in the background about to join the small wheel appreciation society?
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Due to work I just did the first drive in the Landy since I rebuilt the engine.

The turbo oil seal went virtually as soon as I made boost.

I’ve not got time to remove it and send it away before I am back at work so that’s another month it will sit on the drive. Bloody cars, it’s the only part I had no part in.

Dave!
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

DeskJockey wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:57 pm Not bad service.

Is the truck in the background about to join the small wheel appreciation society?
It's waiting on new brake pads. The pads come in many different fitments so the easiest way to check was by pulling one out as they're ordered from America.
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Land Rover, Peugeot 406 replica

Post by Sundayjumper »

I’m borrowing The Bristol for a bit seeing as my Dad seems to have become inseparable from my Scimitar :D

I’ve not driven The Bristol before and it broke down on the way home the day he bought it so I’m not taking chances - trailering it back here from the south coast, and putting The 996 in storage while I’m at it because I’ve run out of space here.

My driveway is a real mess right now....

4CFF7182-A2BD-4EA6-8240-72DE87CA226B.jpeg
4CFF7182-A2BD-4EA6-8240-72DE87CA226B.jpeg (102.51 KiB) Viewed 1507 times
Last edited by Sundayjumper on Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nathan

Post by Nathan »

Shouldn't need new arms so soon, how many miles has it got?

My mates new Model 3 arrived with water in all the rear lights and a bumper scuff
Mito Man wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:58 pm Tesla get a lot of shit for bad service but my dad went earlier today to their service centre to order new wipers and cabin filters. He mentioned in passing a new squeak the car has when driving over speed bumps. They ask if they can take a look and take it for a test drive, remove the wheel and say it needs new front control arms but they haven’t got any in stock. At this point they’ve already pulled quite a few bits off the car so they just bring round a Model S and say to come back on Tuesday :lol:
16vCento
Currently Driving: XFS Portfolio
V60 D3 SE
Xantia Activa

Post by 16vCento »

I followed a Model S from home to Skipton earlier.

He booted it once the way cleared upto 1** and i was surprised to find it didn't pull away from me, in fact over 100 I was pulling on it.

Had a dual motor badge on the back and was a 20 plate, no other badges so I'm not sure what spec it was.

Very generic looking thing and it's rear lights were full of water or condensation.
16vCento
Currently Driving: XFS Portfolio
V60 D3 SE
Xantia Activa

Post by 16vCento »

Sundayjumper wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:33 pm I’m borrowing The Bristol for a bit seeing as my Dad seems to have become inseparable from my Scimitar :D

I’ve not driven The Bristol before and it broke down on the way home the day he bought it so I’m not taking chances - trailering it back here from the south coast, and putting The 996 in storage while I’m at it because I’ve run out of space here.

My driveway is a real mess right now....

4CFF7182-A2BD-4EA6-8240-72DE87CA226B.jpeg
Will certainly be lovely car to be able to spend some time driving 😎
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Nathan wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:39 pm Shouldn't need new arms so soon, how many miles has it got?

My mates new Model 3 arrived with water in all the rear lights and a bumper scuff
Mito Man wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:58 pm Tesla get a lot of shit for bad service but my dad went earlier today to their service centre to order new wipers and cabin filters. He mentioned in passing a new squeak the car has when driving over speed bumps. They ask if they can take a look and take it for a test drive, remove the wheel and say it needs new front control arms but they haven’t got any in stock. At this point they’ve already pulled quite a few bits off the car so they just bring round a Model S and say to come back on Tuesday :lol:
Close to 30,000.
I’ve never seen a Tesla with good paint, I was walking through the Westfield car park the night before 21 plate cars could be sold, so half the car park was filled with new Tesla’s - all of them looked like they had been polished with sand paper.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

16vCento wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:10 pm I followed a Model S from home to Skipton earlier.

He booted it once the way cleared upto 1** and i was surprised to find it didn't pull away from me, in fact over 100 I was pulling on it.

Had a dual motor badge on the back and was a 20 plate, no other badges so I'm not sure what spec it was.

Very generic looking thing and it's rear lights were full of water or condensation.
Electric cars are pretty hard to compare, below 80% battery charge they make noticeably less power And single geared electric cars are making about 1/3 less power at 100 mph.
Beany

Post by Beany »

Beany wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:02 pm Yeah, if it hasn't turned up by EoM then come payday I'm just going to GSF (dunno why I didn't check with them before) as they have a few depots around and may have it in stock locally. They do currently, but I don't have the money for it at the moment :lol:
The spring has cleared customs :o

Must have been extremely complex to process A PIECE OF BENT METAL WITH A MONETARY VALUE OF UNDER FIFTY FUCKING POUNDS.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Mito Man wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:22 pm

Electric cars are pretty hard to compare, below 80% battery charge they make noticeably less power...

Well that's a bit poop, that's where they'll spend most of their lives :roll: